2016 IDF Tavor Course Dates and Details

Seeing a lot of support for compressed here!

Also, we've got a quick message from Lovie:

Lovie might be great with guns but she could use some help with Canadian geography. ;) .....not quite "coast to coast"....(for those of us on the East coast Toronto is something like 1700kms away in "central Canada").

OTOH I could write everything I know about Israeli geography on the inside of a match box with a broad tip sharpie so there you go.....:d

Last edited:
Lovie might be great with guns but she could use some help with Canadian geography. ;) .....not quite "coast to coast"....(for those of us on the East coast Toronto is something like 1700kms away in "central Canada").

OTOH I could write everything I know about Israeli geography on the inside of a match box with a broad tip sharpie so there you go.....:d

We can't believe you can travel 3,300km and still be on the same continent! Let alone the same country. Maybe next year we'll send her up to the Arctic circle to teach her a lesson about coastlines?

Will you have slings for sale at the event?

We will certainly have slings for loan if needed, and we'll have a handful for sale. The question is: which course are you attending? And how many slings were bought before that one? They're coming from Israel, so we're not as fast restocking as we'd like!

We just got some good news for attendees looking to feed their Tavors! Hopefully we'll have full details this afternoon, but you're a smart bunch of cats right? Here's a hint:

Israeli Rifle <3 Israeli Ammo

We will certainly have slings for loan if needed, and we'll have a handful for sale. The question is: which course are you attending? And how many slings were bought before that one? They're coming from Israel, so we're not as fast restocking as we'd like!

I'll be attending the course in milo. And I'll pick up a sling from you for sure! Also, the whole course is in milo right?

Registered! Which hotel in Calgary are the out of towners staying at for the May 7-8 course?

If your staying in Calgary be sure to get a hotel in the DEEEEEEP South.
Super 8 off MacLeod and 162nd S.E. From there is is an hour and 15min drive to Milo

Also for the out of town'rs

gps might tell you to use range road 224. Do not do this. It is dangerous and against the club conditional agreement with the county.

Please use range road 223

Do you guys have recommendations on knee pads?

Hmmm, recommendations? Arcteryx is still made in Canada aren't they?

We will have loaner knee pads with us.
Arc'teryx does still make some nice ones.

http://www.arcteryx.com/product.aspx?language=EN&model=Knee-Caps

Those are fantastic knee pads if anyone is curious.

These are my favourite "knee pads" though:
http://cryeprecision.com/ProductDetail/aprcpe0232r_g3-combat-pant
http://cryeprecision.com/ProductDetail/padkc301000_airflex-combat-knee-pads

Pricey pants, and the knee pads aren't included... But the benefit of knee pads integrated into the knees of your pants so they don't shift or slide down your legs is enormous. The pants are super comfy too!

Hopefully this post isn't considered against the rules, since I linked to manufacturer websites instead of competitive Canadian retailers... :p

We just got some good news for attendees looking to feed their Tavors! Hopefully we'll have full details this afternoon, but you're a smart bunch of cats right? Here's a hint:

Israeli Rifle <3 Israeli Ammo

Any update on this?

Depending on price, I'll order from you instead of 1,500 rounds from another retailer...

Just confirmed that we'll have a demo model of our Vz58 Enhanced available to play with at the course as well!

26485960785_a575db62ca_c.jpg

Any chance a new X95 Civie version might make it up? I'm super excited for my course!

Would also like some information on the ammo situation... PM me? ;)

Really not feeling the 20+ minute drive to a hotel near Silverdale so i'm gonna post up in a cabin at a nearby campsite.

Anyone who needs slings, knee pads, magazines, whatever, I have tons of gear for those who are attending the May 13 Silverdale course. Let me know.

Any thoughts/suggestions on magazine (x4) carriers? Belt, rig and pouch, etc? I'm guessing cargo pant pockets might not be the best way to go, but it is probably do-able.

I use 2 ready mags on my belt.
one ar 8 oclock and one at 11
just make sure you move the 11 ovlock one to 8 oclock when doing kneeling, otherwise rib pain

Back
Top Bottom