Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 IDF Tavor Course Dates and Details

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Hmm, are there any good places to stay in Chilliwack? I'm usually just there to drop off livestock to the packer! Never slept over!
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Geer_Hoor View Post
    I realize that PT means physical training... can anyone provide an idea of the standards required to met? Already signed up...
    There are no standards you have to meet. Lovie is very accommodating and as long as you put your best effort forward she won't make you do push ups.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Phat Eagle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Hmm, are there any good places to stay in Chilliwack? I'm usually just there to drop off livestock to the packer! Never slept over!
    I'm going to speak to a few of the local inns and see if they will offer a group deal. Stay tuned!

I'd love to take the course in Calgary or Peace River.. Shattered my femur last year, knee is still Fubar from surgery..
    Can I still come out to play??

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pipeliner View Post
    I'd love to take the course in Calgary or Peace River.. Shattered my femur last year, knee is still Fubar from surgery..
    Can I still come out to play??
    The course I took with them last November was very demanding on knees and holding a half squatted position, if you don't think you can do that for a couple days, you may want to consider waiting until your better. We did lots of reps of dry fire going half squatted to kneeling to half squatted to kneeling, to half squatted...... and so on.

WEAR QUALITY KNEE PADS. Also make sure you wear good foot wear that allows your toes to bend to stay properly grounded to go right back into standing in one fluid movement. Steel toed boots not recommended! Lol
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Trying to get the time off for the CDTSA class.
    Member: CCFR, NRA, CSSA, NFA
    Yes, I am a Leatherworker ---- FIVE Leather ----

Good news! We'll have a second run in Abbotsford the weekend of April 30th!

Do you need your PAL for this course? I have a friend of mine who'd love to do it and use my spare Tavor. I will of course, be present. I know Silverdale allows members to bring guests so I thought i'd ask.

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    The course I took with them last November was very demanding on knees and holding a half squatted position, if you don't think you can do that for a couple days, you may want to consider waiting until your better. We did lots of reps of dry fire going half squatted to kneeling to half squatted to kneeling, to half squatted...... and so on.

WEAR QUALITY KNEE PADS. Also make sure you wear good foot wear that allows your toes to bend to stay properly grounded to go right back into standing in one fluid movement. Steel toed boots not recommended! Lol
    Hey onetwentyish,
    I really appreciate the info! Looks like I need to hold off, I can't even do a full squat yet. Lol.
    For those that are in good health, this course looks amazing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mesayat View Post
    Do you need your PAL for this course? I have a friend of mine who'd love to do it and use my spare Tavor. I will of course, be present. I know Silverdale allows members to bring guests so I thought i'd ask.
    You're not the only person to ask about this. We're looking into it with our insurance, but its definitely not something we planned for.

Current suspicion is that the underwriters will have no problem with non-PAL holders attending the dry fire portions, but that there may be issues with the live-fire.