Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2016 STAC 3-15X42 and 4-20X50 - LR Performance/ Value Home Run

CGN Ultra frequent flyer st1264's Avatar
    I see this is an older thread, what's the pricing on these? I'm looking for some decent glass but it's so hard to look through many scopes when my local stores have little stock.

I know these are very good for the money, anyone wear high index eyeglasses and use one? I'm looking at the 3-15.
    Last edited by st1264; 02-04-2017 at 09:57 PM.

Supporting Dealer
    Yep... ME. I need very strong prescription and now high index progressive lenses. The STACs, and all Sightrons, have super long eye relief and a massive diopter range. Easy to get into focus.

PM or email and I am happy to quote pricing and availability.

Thanks

Jerry

Check out my Facebook page... Mystic Precision Inc

Email me at mysticprecision@gmail.com or PM

Looks good, but no need moa scope, need mil scope.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer st1264's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Precision View Post
    Yep... ME. I need very strong prescription and now high index progressive lenses. The STACs, and all Sightrons, have super long eye relief and a massive diopter range. Easy to get into focus.

PM or email and I am happy to quote pricing and availability.

Thanks

Jerry
    I have -7 in my Right Eye and an Astigmatism. Makes things a little more difficult, most people with normal vision can use high magnification scopes but I find my Field of View disappears once I turn it up too far, unless I have a Large Objective lens and forgiving eye relief.

My buddy's Vortex PST 4-16x50 works for me though, pretty nice glass but I've read that the Sightron models are a great bang for the buck.

I'm a beginner with longer range shooting and scopes, just bought a Remington 783 in .308. I purchased a Bushnell XLT in 3-9x40, but with my eyes as they are, I need a lot more scope than that. My friends with normal vision can see well out of that budget scope, it's just barely better than the no-name scope that came on the rifle, for my eyes.

Supporting Dealer
    If you are ok with the Vortex, you should be just fine with the STACs. Most will find the Sightron optics better then Vortex of equal dollars.

Remember the STACs are 30mm tubes with a super eyepiece. This is really what you are perceiving when you look through a scope.

Jerry

Supporting Dealer
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert.L. View Post
    Looks good, but no need moa scope, need mil scope.
    GO BUG SIGHTRON... Please....

They have been very stubborn about jumping on the MRAD band wagon. If they have scopes in R&D, they sure aren't telling the dealers.

But they will respond to customer enquiries.... so bug them and bug them often.

Thanks

Jerry

How have these been performing out in the field? If they track as good as the S3 series I may recommend these to a shooter looking to scope his 10TR.

Jerry have you put this series through the wringer?

Supporting Dealer
    Currently running 2 STAC 3-16's on my "PRS" and AR rifles. Only 100yds shooting but holding POI perfectly over multiple day and shooting sessions. Any windage or elevation changes have been bang on.

Feedback from customers have also have solid. So far, no major issues to report that isn't already in my review.

When the snow melts and I can get back into the hills, I will run them through an agressive test for tracking and return to zero.... I don't expect any issues as they haven't shown any tracking hiccups so far... and neither have the customers who have given me feedback... some are on my facebook page.

mystic precision inc.

Jerry

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cody c's Avatar
    The Stac's look like a good scope, I've been pondering their 2.5-17.5x56 with the small turrets for a hunting scope, seems like good value and excellent magnification range.

Now Jerry, I don't mean to Troll but there was a lot of criticism about Nightforce scopes and turrets that had anything other than the number ten on them in another thread recently, maybe you've forgotten but you didn't mention anything negative about the number 15 on these ones, just saying.

Supporting Dealer
    Quote Originally Posted by cody c View Post
    The Stac's look like a good scope, I've been pondering their 2.5-17.5x56 with the small turrets for a hunting scope, seems like good value and excellent magnification range.

Now Jerry, I don't mean to Troll but there was a lot of criticism about Nightforce scopes and turrets that had anything other than the number ten on them in another thread recently, maybe you've forgotten but you didn't mention anything negative about the number 15 on these ones, just saying.
    If you reread my post, I indicated base 5 (multiple of 5) works... 4, 8 or 12 is really confusing.

15 +1 is 16... and so forth. Makes sense.

There are a number of scopes with base 5 in their markings and they work just fine. 5, 10, 15 or 20 can be found

The worst is a partical whole number then back to zero... that one you can't go over 1 rev without serious confusion. Yes, there are some older Sightrons with this type of silliness and I try very hard to steer customers away from these products.. Thankfully, they are being phased out.

Jerry

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast