Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Swiss Arms-AR Magazine Adapter

Expired Business Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer canucklehead's Avatar
    Can it really be that simple? WOW I'm impressed - looking forward to trying it out! LAR mags will be my main test...

Expired Business Member
    Yes, as long as the front part of your magwell has approximately the same dimensions as mine. Since they're all built in the same factory, I'd assume they're all the same unless they made some modifications over the years.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    How critical is the placement and depth of the notch that needs to be filed? I was wondering if a deeper notch provided more "meat" (and therefore a more solid lockup) for the AR mag to latch in.

Expired Business Member
    Placement is more important than depth. If the cut is too high, then the mag will sit too low and won't feed properly.

Depth should be 1.5-2mm. Any deeper and you cut through the spine of the mag, and if you go much deeper than that it may interfere with follower movement.

There will be instructions provided.

Got mine in the mail today - what a fantastic little device!

I tried 5 of my mags that I previously 'slotted' for the old mag adapter that used to be commonly available - and they all fit, released, and fed dummy rounds perfectly. The 3D printed 'guide' that you included was fantastic idea as well... the old adapter just had a measurement, which could potentially vary from mag to mag. The dimensions from your guide piece exactly matched my mags perfectly, so looks like it's the same!

This is a simple and inexpensive solution... and so far it just WORKS. I'm shocked and pleasantly surprised! I will give it a live-fire test soon and post some results.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canucklehead View Post

I tried 5 of my mags that I previously 'slotted' for the old mag adapter that used to be commonly available - and they all fit, released, and fed dummy rounds perfectly. The 3D printed 'guide' that you included was fantastic idea as well... the old adapter just had a measurement, which could potentially vary from mag to mag. The dimensions from your guide piece exactly matched my mags perfectly, so looks like it's the same!

This is a simple and inexpensive solution... and so far it just WORKS. I'm shocked and pleasantly surprised! I will give it a live-fire test soon and post some results.
    Sounds good. Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canucklehead View Post

By the way, which "old adapter" do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by GSdesigns View Post
    By the way, which "old adapter" do you have?
    I had the 'wraparound' one - black - made/sold by TSE I think? It worked - but this is MUCH simpler and cleaner looking!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Steiner's Avatar
    Anyone try the Alberta Rifle AT15 mags yet with this adapter yet?
    I'm wondering if the 'spine' on the ATRS mags have enough material for the notch that needs to be cut. The Pmag spine seems slightly thicker so this is not an issue.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast