Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Swiss Arms-AR Magazine Adapter

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steiner View Post
    Anyone try the Alberta Rifle AT15 mags yet with this adapter yet?
    I'm wondering if the 'spine' on the ATRS mags have enough material for the notch that needs to be cut. The Pmag spine seems slightly thicker so this is not an issue.
    They should be fine to modify. Even if you accidentally partially cut through the spine, and you stop there, it shouldn't affect function.

Again, anywhere around 1-1.5mm depth is fine. Any less will work but probably not as well. Any deeper than about 2mm is a waste, as the latch itself has a limited rotation.

Got mine a couple days ago and tried it out yesterday. Ran 100 rounds through a Gen 2 30 round Pmag, and a Gen 3 20 round Pmag. No issues whatsoever. Fed fine, ejected fine, last round hold open worked fine. The only thing I noticed was the 30 round mag was looser fitting for some reason. When doing the push/tug to ensure it was locked, I am able to pull it out. ( not easily though I might add )The 20 round mag is solid. I shot off the mags, held them while standing, shot while holding the rifle at different angles, and had a great time!
    I have a PCV mag to try, as well as a few other kinds.
    Thanks for letting me try this out!

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenguns View Post
    Got mine a couple days ago and tried it out yesterday. Ran 100 rounds through a Gen 2 30 round Pmag, and a Gen 3 20 round Pmag. No issues whatsoever. Fed fine, ejected fine, last round hold open worked fine. The only thing I noticed was the 30 round mag was looser fitting for some reason. When doing the push/tug to ensure it was locked, I am able to pull it out. ( not easily though I might add )The 20 round mag is solid. I shot off the mags, held them while standing, shot while holding the rifle at different angles, and had a great time!
    I have a PCV mag to try, as well as a few other kinds.
    Thanks for letting me try this out!
    Hmm that's odd. Maybe the notch in your gen 2 isn't deep enough, or isn't square to the back of the magazine.

Based on the mags I've tested, the Gen 3 PMAGs tend to fit the best, due to the slight hump they added above the mag catch notch.

Also if you've completed your initial testing, please send me your answers to the questions I gave you in my initial email (via email or PM). Thanks

Expired Business Member
    Okay, so these will be available tomorrow. I made a few modifications to make them easier to install/remove and added a depth gauge to the magazine modification guide to make it easier to tell if you've filed a deep enough notch.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kevin M.'s Avatar
    Will this work with steel magazines as well?

When are you looking to open up sales of this item?
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin M. View Post
    Will this work with steel magazines as well?

When are you looking to open up sales of this item?
    Steel will work, but will be unfriendly to the finish on the inside of your receiver. I don't recommend using them.

They'll be available tomorrow. Just have to take a few photos, etc.

What is the expected useful life of the adapter and what type of material is used in its manufacturing? Just wondering how susceptible it will be to cleaning chemicals, deet in bug spray, and extremes of heat and cold temps?
    “...Only accurate rifles are interesting.”
    - Colonel Townsend Whelen

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
    - Will Rogers

Expired Business Member
    It's made of Nylon, similar to the material that the Swiss Arms furniture and PMAGs are made of, but this Nylon isn't glass reinforced. It should be resistant to all solvents that the other plastic parts of your rifle are resistant to. I don't think DEET will attack Nylon.

Hot and cold shouldn't affect function, it's basically clipped onto the front of your magazine well and just sits there. I noticed it will stiffen up a little at lower temperatures so it'll be slightly harder to install or remove. If you heat it up it's easier to remove, but will stay in place unless you're actually trying to remove it. It melts at around 230 degrees C.

I have no idea about life expectancy. But if it breaks in some way, I'll replace it for you.
    Last edited by GSdesigns; 04-30-2016 at 09:23 PM.

CGN frequent flyer BadLieutenant's Avatar
    Chances would these fit FAMAE rifles?

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BadLieutenant View Post
    Chances would these fit FAMAE rifles?
    They do not work in the 540 series rifles. I'll try to get my hands on one sometime soon and make an adapter for them.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast