Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: What would happen if SKS disappear from market in Canada (westrifle.com)

Expired Business Member
    I don't know how much the new sks would cost but I assume similar to VZ 58 or CSA price range

Al

Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunNut View Post
    I personally would be returning the VZ 58 family of rifles and pistol calibre carbines like the CX4.

Let's get one thing straight though. The SKS is a highly under valued firearm. We get them for a great price range but that does not mean they are not of high value. It is a "go to Hell gun" hands down. Ask how much would the SKS retail for if we didn't have them in surplus and they were to be manufactured today - I don't think they would be so cheap.

CGN frequent flyer Hightrailtracker's Avatar
    check this web site for an idea on pricing if they were no more Chinese imported , look at the quality or lack there of ......

https://www.impactguns.com/surplus-firearms.aspx

I'm sure the sks is on the mounties sh!t list.

Quote Originally Posted by win94luver View Post
    I'm sure the sks is on the mounties sh!t list.
    As are a few others.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deathrawt's Avatar
    The sks is a good rifle but when its gone I think a cheap semi auto non restricted 223 rifle would do well as the AR is restricted and the 223 round is common and fairly cheap enough

CGN Ultra frequent flyer blaxsun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by j_06 View Post
    My shooting spots would remain free of the endless x39 casings and shot up household appliances.
    Haha, it would be funnier if it weren't true. Fewer tannerite sales and forest fires?
    "Before me things create were none, save things Eternal,
    and eternal I endure. All hope abandon ye who enter here."
    Tune in next week... Same
    Bat time, same Bat channel.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    If the SKS dries up, 2 scenarios are possible:
    1-It dried up because supply dried up. In this case, lots and lots of x39 ammos are still available. It's obvious is that prices go up a bit, but the sales of other rifles in x39 (ARs in x39, M305 and mini-30) goes up even more, and since these are new production, their prices stay the same, maybe even come down a bit due to larger sale volumes.

2-The SKS goes away because the supply of cheap ammo dries up. In this case, everyone who's got an SKS is stuck with it and nothing (cheap) to shoot with. These people would flock to 9mm carbines like JR Carbine, Kriss, CX4, etc... In this case, the price of an SKS goes to almost nothing, especially the BBQ paint SKS.

I don't think either scenario is likely, but in any case, there is absolutely no scenario under which an SKS sells for more than a brand new mini-thirty, so there's a cap on price, no matter how you slice things.

Quote Originally Posted by westrifle_sks View Post
    What would happen if SKS disappear from market in Canada?
    What would you buy?
    What is the next best thing?

Just a poll I want an opinion. Nothing personal.

Type 81 All the Way!!! Shot some when i was in the military.. what a beauty!! I hear someone is bringing some in???

I think, after reading all the posts so far, that the question is not really about the sks. The truth is, i think almost all of us other than collectors would never buy an sks or many other milsurps if it was not for one thing and one thing only: the price of ammo. To a very large degree, its the price of ammo that dictates what CALIBRE, not make of rifle that we buy. Lets face it, LOTS of us would be out shooting FAR more rounds if the price of a 30 calibre rifle round was 25 cents a round.

1500 round crates of 7.62x39 go for around 300-350.

If i could buy a 1500 round crate of .308 or 3006 for that price, there would be no market for milsurps in my wallet

Type 81 All the Way.. had a chance to shoot some of these when i was in the military.. real beauties!!! I hear someone is bringing them in??