Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Smith & Wesson Performance Center Model 929 Jerry Miculek 6.5" 9mm

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mebiuspower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by captainamazing View Post
    In all seriousness Jerry is probably a cyborg.
    Met him in person at a match. Very nice gentleman. No attitude at all. He even helped with patching.

He is a fitness freak. The guy is 60 years old but probably out run most people in their 20s.

It would be nice if it was in a bigger caliber like 44 or at least 357 mag. A nice revolver in a low power round is pointless imo unless it's a .22 cal

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    So far I am totally disappointed with accuracy of my pistol. I've tried many different types of 9mm ammo. So in true form, I will be upgrading the sights which are not target rear sights and convert to DAO if I can get the Apex hammer shipped to Canada. This pistol is not what I would expect from something called performance center. It kind of falls flat after you get past the cool looks. I would have happily spent my money on a standard quality 8 shot 9mm if there was such a thing and send it to get customized which is what I will end up doing anyway.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Most folks don't realize it is feeding the pig that kills you, not buying it. On typical firearms by the time it is worned out feeding it cost several times buying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aniest View Post
    The issue with the fancy car isn't buying it... it's insurance and gas trying to catch up to the best drivers! Much like the S&W it's not the buying price, it's all that ammo you're going to blow through trying to catch up to Jerry!

Do these come with the "true" Jerry grips? The smooth wooden ones that he has on his own competition guns that he prefers because he can square up the revolver in his hand by simply squeezing the grip after the reload (it's in one of his videos).
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

There are already numerous 357 and 44 S&W performance center guns along with 460 and 50.
    The 9mm fills the missing niche; it is far from pointless to the knowledgeable shooter.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayHill View Post
    It would be nice if it was in a bigger caliber like 44 or at least 357 mag. A nice revolver in a low power round is pointless imo unless it's a .22 cal
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

WOW

Where can we buy one ?
    Claude NFA - NRA - FCSA
    Vide Aude Tace -
    Courage is not the absence of fear. Courage is the ability to ACT properly in the face of fear.

You do not need to be over 50 to shoot the .50BMG. Try it

tax in

Quote Originally Posted by stac50bmg View Post
    WOW

Where can we buy one ?
    I know these guys have it

http://shooterschoice.ca/product/smi...jerry-miculek/

This price should include tax.

Right Dale?
    Last edited by bsrcuda; 07-31-2016 at 06:49 PM. Reason: more info

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MustangFrank View Post
    So far I am totally disappointed with accuracy of my pistol. I've tried many different types of 9mm ammo.
    Mine is accurate, despite my poor revolver skills. The single action trigger pull is very light.
    Cathy

Close to my Friends, Closer to my Enemies
    Quote Originally Posted by MustangFrank View Post
    So far I am totally disappointed with accuracy of my pistol. I've tried many different types of 9mm ammo. So in true form, I will be upgrading the sights which are not target rear sights and convert to DAO if I can get the Apex hammer shipped to Canada. This pistol is not what I would expect from something called performance center. It kind of falls flat after you get past the cool looks. I would have happily spent my money on a standard quality 8 shot 9mm if there was such a thing and send it to get customized which is what I will end up doing anyway.
    Same with mine. Accuracy is mediocre.
    From another US forum I found accuracy was hit and miss with these guns. I'll try recrowning and chamfer the cylinder while I'm at it to reduce sticky reloads.
    Trigger is nice, but for Performance Center I expected much more than this.
    “Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.” - Aristotle

Please define mediocre. 1" 5 or 10 shoot groups at 7m, 15m, 25m?
    Quote Originally Posted by EHG View Post
    Same with mine. Accuracy is mediocre.
    From another US forum I found accuracy was hit and miss with these guns. I'll try recrowning and chamfer the cylinder while I'm at it to reduce sticky reloads.
    Trigger is nice, but for Performance Center I expected much more than this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast