Page 149 of 153 FirstFirst ... 129139141142143144145146147148149150151152153 LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1521

Thread: So..............did you get one?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by mistified View Post
    Just brought my CZ858 to the range. Some FTFs, and sometimes the trigger does not get recocked despite cycling the action. Is this called the gremlin? It's happened enough that it got annoying with 40 rounds of 7.62x39 non corrosive norinco silver box
    WTF u serious? Wow they should eat everything.......geez u make me worried

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    If anyones planning to shoot it without cleaning should reconsider. Mine had LOADS of metal shavings pushed through, big ones just under 1/2 cm long. I will have to clean twice.

Also it says they are not stored is cosmoline but my bolt looked like it was definitely cosmoline soaked, Either that or a giant covered it in ear wax. Still cant get all the stuff off it was so saturated!

My finnish looks flawless and test target seem to me better grouping them most people are posting so im happy! I needed this to complete my red collection!

BANNED
    ^^^^^ thanks for the heads up ingot mine here and this thing is dry as the desert no oil no nothing I will take her apart and clean her good thanks for letting us know I personally wasn't gonna clean it before first range trip.....then I'm having this from you and the guy with the FTFs and misfires in previous posts

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tobaman45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by icelink View Post
    I have about 120 rounds through mine with no problems at all

Got mine a couple weeks ago and headed to the range this weekend to try it out. Can't wait!

I think I fixed the gremlin, took the sear out and held the spring up a bit to give it a little bit more tension.

Gremlin happened when I fired and didn't have the trigger either fully depressed or untouched. If I held the trigger 'in-between' like around the trigger reset, the trigger won't recock. You can see if this happens to you by taking out the spring and working the bolt with the trigger. You will quickly learn how the trigger works without the spring cover covering it all up

As for the FTE, I think it was either a bad mag or just break in period, nothing I was too worried about. Gremlin was what had me worried, but once again, I think I fixed it

Quote Originally Posted by icelink View Post

BANNED
    ^^^^^^^ Ok great to hear you fixed it......from the sounds of it you were just holding the trigger too much between shots

Mine had a serious Gremilin. Happened on all 4 magazines, as well as the 3 additional ones I ordered. Happened about 85% of the time with different ammo. Called Wolverine and talked to Dave. Dave suggested I look at under Red Rifles in Forums and look at the Gremlins post. My sear pin was really lose and you could push it in. I made a spacer from a 9mm luger casing and inserted it as per the video. Took the rifle back to the range and the gremlin was now at about 10%. Went home and took the rifle apart again and put more tension on the sear spring, re-inserted the brass spacer and oiled it up again. Went to the range 2 more times and the gremlin is gone. My last 200 rounds, there were no FTF's.
    Most of the time you can fix it by putting more tension on the spring, but my sear pin was really lose, so adding the spacer really helped.
    Dave at Wolverine was very helpful.

CGN frequent flyer
    So.... my firing pin broke after 50 rounds....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    First I was all...

Then I was all...

. . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .