Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Series 1 vz58

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kingjenky's Avatar

Series 1 vz58

Tell us more!!
    We are all so politically correct!!!! its gonna ruin us all......

What more can we say? Right now Lovie and the Tavor courses are keeping our web team super busy!

But yes, we had our first series of Tavor and Vz58 rifles on display at the Calgary gun-show. All our Tavors are sold out for the moment, but we've still got a handful of the Vz58 Enhanced models waiting in the Canadian warehouse.

We might bring one with us on the Tavor courses actually if people want to pickup and handle them.

You've read the description already, but here's a little more:

We sell a ton of parts for the Vz58 and Cz858 pattern rifles, and are excited to be selling our own variants of the guns! This enhanced version of the CSA Vz58 features a 18.6" chrome lined barrel, and is non-restricted as a result! You'll notice that we haven't added quad rails to these rifles. Some people like those things, others don't. Which is part of what makes these Series 1. We intend to have several different Vz58 options this year! But an upgraded muzzle device or improved release mechanisms are part of what we consider to be universally useful upgrades. Here's the full list of additions to the main rifle:

• Tool-less optics mount. Not a dust cover replacement! This new optics mount fits over your factory dust cover. The only part replaced is your dust cover pin, which can be removed and installed without tools. The mount is then secured using torque knobs that can be tightened by hand. When all 4 dials are tightened, the mount will retain zero even after disassembly and reassembly. Weighing only 8oz, it is 30% lighter than even the CSA low profile side rail.
    • Ambidextrous magazine release, which allows the shooter to use their trigger finger or reaction hand to drop the magazine
    • Enhanced bolt release. Rather than charge the rifle by coming underneath or overtop with the reaction hand, the left side bolt release allows a shooter to send the bolt home using their index finger. These releases have been individually selected to make sure they drop easily when paired with their parent rifle.
    • AR-15 buffer tube and Fab Defense GL-Shock stock. Part of modernizing the Vz58 often means optics. No matter what your eye-relief or height over bore, the flexibility of the GL-Shock stock and riser means you can keep a proper cheek weld.
    • Discount code for Fab Defense Polymer Magazines: We consider the new polymer Vz58 mags from Fab Defense to be fantastic additions to the rifle, and we'd love to include a half a dozen in the box with every rifle. But CBSA doesn't like it when we ship hundreds of magazines into Canada at a time! So for now, we're offering a discount code in the box of each gun that will lower the price on the mags. We rivet these mags to 5 rounds specifically for the Canadian market, and include a CBSA explanation in the shipment from Israel, but we still suggest ordering less than 10x magazines at a time to make sure your package arrives quickly.
    • 2x metal CSA magazines, are included in the box pinned to 5 of course
    • Improved D-Force Czech muzzle device. The threading and timing system on the Vz58 is one of the best in the world. Honestly, we wish more rifles out there used it! So we include an enhanced Czech compensator with all our rifles to help you tame the recoil and stay on target.

Do you want some big pictures? No, like really big pictures? Click the ones below.

We know what you really want though: $$$$ right?

This could change depending on what the US dollar does (remember all our prices are USD) but we estimate the MSRP if you built these rifles yourself to be over $2k CAD. We will be well under that, but probably over $1500. That's the starting point!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kingjenky's Avatar
    How about where we can buy them
    We are all so politically correct!!!! its gonna ruin us all......

^^^ what he said.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    i'd be happy with the basic rifle, and then an options menu, select the options you want, price total then purchase.

IE i like the grip and brake, dont care for the cover or the stock on that gun. but i do like another stock and prefer a rail on the upper handguard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingjenky View Post
    How about where we can buy them
    Hopefully they'll be on the site soon! But right now our priority is the courses. We sold several the Calgary Gun Show, and will have at least a few with us at the Tavor courses happening in Vancouver/Abbotsford area and Calgary area.

Quote Originally Posted by P0WERWAGON View Post
    i'd be happy with the basic rifle, and then an options menu, select the options you want, price total then purchase.

IE i like the grip and brake, dont care for the cover or the stock on that gun. but i do like another stock and prefer a rail on the upper handguard.
    Hey, that's almost exactly what we've built! http://www.zahal.org/groups/shop-sa-...ug=gun_builder

Except that setup doesn't include the rifle. We want to make sure we're compliant with all Canadian and Israeli laws, and have our own backend processes in place, before we list complete firearms on the web.

Wonder what the interest would be in a cz 858/vz 58 course like you do for the Tavors? There are a lot of these rifles around Canada and seeing how fast another CGN retailer sold out, I bet it would be popular. I'd be interested if there was one on the East coast ( I know not very likely due to our lower population, lol).

Quote Originally Posted by mycj7 View Post
    Wonder what the interest would be in a cz 858/vz 58 course like you do for the Tavors? There are a lot of these rifles around Canada and seeing how fast another CGN retailer sold out, I bet it would be popular. I'd be interested if there was one on the East coast ( I know not very likely due to our lower population, lol).
    Oh it's already on the list! Our guys in Czech Republic are super pumped to make the flight across the pond. But we want to nail the Tavor courses first, and make sure the Cz crew is up to spec with their English!

Oh, and also there's this available now: www.zahal.org/products/zahal-enhanced-18-6-barrel-sa-7-62-vz-58

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast