Page 13 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3567891011121314151617181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill S-223

The fact that she is soon to retire means nothing as the bill was introduced already. Therefore the bill will either be defeated, adopted or adopted with amendments.

Some very important points that this bill will cause if adopted in its current form:

1. If passed, only a carrier can transport prohibited or restricted firearms. (Para 19.1), meaning you would have to use a commercial bonded courier to move your firearms between locations
    2. Dwelling, only if you are a collector can you store prohibited or restricted firearms at your home.... In other words, they would have to all be stored at a range or bonded / secure facility... A place for criminals to go shopping after hours for new guns

We all need to contact our senators and members of parliament to ensure this bill does not get passed
    - DCRA Council 2008-2011, 2015-present

Regardless of how likely or not this bill is to become law we have to take action. Let show the Liberal Government we're not gonna go down easy. I agree it’s time to write letters to politicians and get organized. Get your Gun Club involved. This maybe this is the last chance we have before we end up like Australia or the UK.
    "In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.”
    Theodore Roosevelt

I keep hearing the same arguments from the both sides. However, I have not read any posts that contain statistic on how many gun crimes were commited using legally acquired guns by law abiding citizen directly, or stolen from gun owners.
    I think it is important to present this type of statistics to the other side. If there is already such statistic, please pardon me and kindly post it here.

Quote Originally Posted by bacardi View Post
    I keep hearing the same arguments from the both sides. However, I have not read any posts that contain statistic on how many gun crimes were commited using legally acquired guns by law abiding citizen directly, or stolen from gun owners.
    I think it is important to present this type of statistics to the other side. If there is already such statistic, please pardon me and kindly post it here.
    So in your letter/email to your MP or Senator, request that Statistics Canada start reporting gun crime with legally obtained and illegal firearms.
    - DCRA Council 2008-2011, 2015-present

HI Guys someone on Facebook compiled a list of all Senator by Province. If you wish to write to them in regards to this evil bill just copy and paste to send it. Here is the list:

Alberta Senator email list:
    doug.black@sen.parl.gc.ca; elaine.mccoy@sen.parl.gc.ca; grant.mitchell@sen.parl.gc.ca; scott.tannas@sen.parl.gc.ca; claudette.tardif@sen.parl.gc.ca; betty.unger@sen.parl.gc.ca;

British Columbia Senator email list:
    larry.campbell@sen.parl.gc.ca; mobina.jaffer@sen.parl.gc.ca; martin@sen.parl.gc.ca; richard.neufeld@sen.parl.gc.ca; nancy.raine@sen.parl.gc.ca;

New Brunswick Senator email list:
    joseph.day@sen.parl.gc.ca; carole.smith@sen.parl.gc.ca; paul.mcintyre@sen.parl.gc.ca; percy.mockler@sen.parl.gc.ca; rosemay.poirier@sen.parl.gc.ca; pierrette.ringuette@sen.parl.gc.ca; carolyn.stewartolsen@sen.parl.gc.ca; john.wallace@sen.parl.gc.ca;

Newfoundland and Labrador Senator Email list;
    george.baker@sen.parl.gc.ca; norman.doyle@sen.parl.gc.ca; george.furey@sen.parl.gc.ca; fabian.manning@sen.parl.gc.ca; elizabeth.marshall@sen.parl.gc.ca; claudine.courtois@sen.parl.gc.ca;
    Northwest Territories Senator email list;
    sibnic@sen.parl.gc.ca

Nova Scotia Senator email list:
    jane.cordy@sen.parl.gc.ca; jim.cowan@sen.parl.gc.ca; stephen.greene@sen.parl.gc.ca; michael.macdonald@sen.parl.gc.ca; thomasjohnson.mcinnis@sen.parl.gc.ca; terry.mercer@sen.parl.gc.ca; wp.moore@sen.parl.gc.ca; kelvin.ogilvie@sen.parl.gc.ca;
    Nunavut Senator email list:
    dennis.patterson@sen.parl.gc.ca;

Ontario Senator Email List:
    salma.ataullahjan@sen.parl.gc.ca; lynn.beyak@sen.parl.gc.ca; anne.cools@sen.parl.gc.ca; nicole.eaton@sen.parl.gc.ca; art.eggleton@sen.parl.gc.ca; tobias.enverga@sen.parl.gc.ca; linda.frum@sen.parl.gc.ca; peter.harder@sen.parl.gc.ca; colin.kenny@sen.parl.gc.ca; Frances.Lankin@sen.parl.gc.ca; don.meredith@sen.parl.gc.ca; jim.munson@sen.parl.gc.ca; nancy.ruth@sen.parl.gc.ca; thanhhai.ngo@sen.parl.gc.ca; senator.oh@sen.parl.gc.ca; Ratna.Omidvar@sen.parl.gc.ca; bob.runciman@sen.parl.gc.ca; david.smith@sen.parl.gc.ca; senatorwhite@sen.parl.gc.ca;

Prince Edward Island Senator email list;
    percy.downe@sen.parl.gc.ca; Micheal.Duffy@sen.parl.gc.ca; elizabeth.hubley@sen.parl.gc.ca;

Manitoba Senator Email List
    Raymonde.Gagne@sen.parl.gc.ca; janis.johnson@sen.parl.gc.ca; don.plett@sen.parl.gc.ca; Murray.Sinclair@parl.sen.parl.gc.ca;

Quebec Senator Email list:
    diane.bellemare@sen.parl.gc.ca; boisvp@sen.parl.gc.ca; Patrick.Brazeau@sen.parl.gc.ca; claude.carignan@sen.parl.gc.ca; jean-guy.dagenais@sen.parl.gc.ca; dennis.dawson@sen.parl.gc.ca; line.tessier@sen.parl.gc.ca; joan.fraser@sen.parl.gc.ca; celine.hervieux-payette@sen.parl.gc.ca; Leo.Housakos@sen.parl.gc.ca; serge.joyal@sen.parl.gc.ca; ghislain.maltais@sen.parl.gc.ca; paul.massicotte@sen.parl.gc.ca; Chantal.Petitclerc@sen.parl.gc.ca; michel.rivard@sen.parl.gc.ca; judith.seidman@sen.parl.gc.ca; larry.smith@sen.parl.gc.ca; josee.verner@sen.parl.gc.ca; charlie.watt@sen.parl.gc.ca;

Saskatchewan Senator Email List:
    raynell.andreychuk@sen.parl.gc.ca; denise.batters@sen.parl.gc.ca; lillian.dyck@sen.parl.gc.ca; pana.merchant@sen.parl.gc.ca; david.tkachuk@sen.parl.gc.ca; david.tkachuk@sen.parl.gc.ca;

Yukon Senator Email List;
    daniel.lang@sen.parl.gc.ca;
    GOD, GUNS & GOLD - Three Gs I seek

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FreedomIsn'tFree's Avatar
    ^ Thanks for putting the list together and I will be writing some letters. I hope others will do the same because this is how we reversed the CZ/Swiss Arms attack on us. We were caught off guard by the RCMP, this time lets be proactive. I had personal meetings with my MLA and MP and so did many others AFTER it happened, but we did make our voices heard and did cause a change.
    It's better to have questions you can't answer, then answers you can't question.
    When you have no property rights, YOU ARE THE PROPERTY!
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomIsn'tFree View Post
    ^ Thanks for putting the list together and I will be writing some letters. I hope others will do the same because this is how we reversed the CZ/Swiss Arms attack on us. We were caught off guard by the RCMP, this time lets be proactive. I had personal meetings with my MLA and MP and so did many others AFTER it happened, but we did make our voices heard and did cause a change.
    For sure... lets all get together and be proactive about this... hopefully everyone will write to their MPs and Senators and that way we will send a message that we don't stand for this... and thanks to Mr. Wolverine on starting this thread.
    GOD, GUNS & GOLD - Three Gs I seek

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FreedomIsn'tFree's Avatar
    You did most of the leg work for people and there is no reason everyone shouldn't take the time to send a well written letter. Lets make our voices heard once again. Thanks again for your work on the list!
    It's better to have questions you can't answer, then answers you can't question.
    When you have no property rights, YOU ARE THE PROPERTY!
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.

I personally think Senate is a waste of tax dollars and shall be abolished ! Its just too bad I was not done long time ago !

We have one more proof here .

That is my opinion !
    WHEN INJUSTICE BECOMES LAW, RESISTANCE BECOMES DUTY - Thomas Jefferson -

I will write my letters
    I will tell everybody who will listen what a travesty this is
    I will do what needs to be done

Please do your part.
    Let's not be a bunch of people chatting on a forum called Canadian Nutz
    ALHTHEIA