Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 27373940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill S-223

Quote Originally Posted by goggles View Post
    Commissioned by one of the gun-grabbing lobbies. Loaded questions and probably limited to the Island of Montreal.
    What can we do for this stup*d Bill 64?

http://www.assnat.qc.ca/en/travaux-p...i-64-41-1.html

in this case I find it interesting that Quebec Government's url bears a striking resemblance to the word.. A**Hat

(Edit** oops didn't think A$$ was a banned word)
    Last edited by parkervh; 04-28-2016 at 09:18 AM.
    The possession of arms is the distinction of a free man from a slave.

Quote Originally Posted by conrad01 View Post
    Just heard on 650 am radio that 70% of Quebec are in favor of a long gun registration. I guess they didnt hear over there that it failed years ago.
    This survey you mention was commissioned by POLYSESOUVIENT . They are funded by the Provincial Government and, they are deeply anti firearm. All other holes 5-6 on this long gun registration program is 80-90% against . But the media did not talk . The province of Quebec is taken hostage by the Liberals and all members are required to expressed their vote in the party line despite the growing opposition . Democracy is seriously affected in Quebec.

BANNED
    If you check the polysesouvient website, they asked the question, "QUESTION 1 : « Le gouvernement du Québec vient de tenir une commission parlementaire sur le projet de loi 64 sur l’établissement d’un registre des armes à feu. Êtes-vous en accord ou en désaccord avec l’implantation d’un registre des armes à feu (immatriculation des armes d’épaule) au Québec, de manière à pouvoir lier chaque arme à son propriétaire légal ? » [RÉSULTATS : Total accord : 69% (totalement en accord : 50% ; plutôt en accord : 19%) ; total désaccord : 26% (plutôt en désaccord : 8% ; totalement en désaccord : 17%).]"

In English: "The Government of Quebec has just held a parliamentary commission on Bill 64 on the establishment of a register of firearms. Do you agree or disagree with the establishment of a register of firearms (registration of long guns) in Quebec, so as to bind each weapon to its legal owner?" Agree: 69% (totally agree:50%, somewhat agree 19%) Disagree: 19% (somewhat disagree: 8%, totally disagree 17%)

The real questions are: how much are you willing to spend to register long guns? What programs are you willing to de-fund to pay for it?

FF

CGN Regular
    WTF? That bill says:

6. Within 90 days after a firearm has been assigned a unique firearm number,
    the owner must, if the number is not already inscribed indelibly and legibly on
    the firearm, affix it to the firearm in the manner prescribed by government
    regulation.
    The firearm owner must ensure that the unique firearm number remains
    inscribed or affixed indelibly and legibly on the firearm.

So that is like another serial number? and when they sign the UN arms treaty there will be another serial number? So guns in Quebec will have 3 Serial numbers? Awesome stupidity.

BANNED
    And hope you don't have to send your firearm to Quebec for warranty repair for more than 45 days

FF

Quote Originally Posted by gregb View Post
    This. But then again it wouldn't give the majority on here a reason to froth at the mouth, speculate and spread unfounded fear.
    It reminds me of the guys at the gun counter endlessly bitching but never buying anything or going to the range. Professional Victims.

This is one persons failed attempt being resurrected and failing again, it is not a party agenda and is not the 'Fight of our Lives' whether you want to believe it or not.
    We don't know that its only one Libs idea; she could be the Point Man so if it fails miserably, the stink goes out with her & not the remaining Senate. If the bill generates any traction at all then maybe someone else jumps on it & carries on. With all due respect from one gun nut to another, as I am sure you are a good guy, but this attitude is exactly how the Canadian Long Gun Registry got passed in the first place; too many people let it be someone elses fight & many that could have fought & spoke out didn't bother. I was one of those people. I will not let that be a burden on my conscience ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikester View Post
    We don't know that its only one Libs idea; she could be the Point Man so if it fails miserably, the stink goes out with her & not the remaining Senate. If the bill generates any traction at all then maybe someone else jumps on it & carries on. With all due respect from one gun nut to another, as I am sure you are a good guy, but this attitude is exactly how the Canadian Long Gun Registry got passed in the first place; too many people let it be someone elses fight & many that could have fought & spoke out didn't bother. I was one of those people. I will not let that be a burden on my conscience ever again.
    +2
    Don't forget in the real world and real politics always "The squeaky wheel gets the grease.". No fight, no right

I got this response back today

I received your letter in the mail as well. Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us and share your thoughts.

As this bill is causing quite a concern in our riding, I've done some research. The bill was born in the Senate, so that means is must pass in the Senate, which is very unlikely considering the contents of the bill. After that, it must start at the bottom of the Order Paper and be voted on in the House. The House is a very busy place and this process is very long. If, by some highly unlikely change Biill S-223 does come to a vote in the House of Commons, Ms. Jordan will not be in voting in favour, and will encourage her colleagues to do the same.

For now, I will keep and eye on it, but the likelihood of anything coming of it is very slim.

Thank you very much for your message, and if you have any further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Warm Regards,

Lisa Grimm

Constituency Assistant for Bernadette Jordan, MP

Member of Parliament for South Shore - St. Margaret's

129 Aberdeen Rd. Suite 106

Bridgewater, NS# B4V 2S7

Tel: 902-527-5655

Toll Free: 1-888-816-4446

Fax: 902-527-5656

Bernadette.Jordan@parl.gc.ca<mailto:...dan@parl.gc.ca>

Interesting response from a liberal; it's encouraging but I wouldn't stake my life on her vote
    The possession of arms is the distinction of a free man from a slave.