Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891011121424 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill S-223

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kingjenky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sigrunes View Post
    Write and email your senators and mp's and voice just how ridiculous this bill is , I sent stuff off on Friday.
    Would you be willing to share what you wrote.?
    We are all so politically correct!!!! its gonna ruin us all......

Quote Originally Posted by Kingjenky View Post
    Would you be willing to share what you wrote.?
    Hello honourable Senator ,

I am writing today to talk about Bill S-223. Firstly I am a PC/Conservative and have voted that way my whole life and will continue to do so. I am a proud, law abiding and responsible firearm owner/user in Mr Warkentin’s riding.

That said I feel that this bill S-223 is absolutely ridiculous , I know you personally didn’t propose it but it must be stopped. Myself and most I have talked to about it are heavily against it. This bill will only serve to cause issues, frustration and problems for law abiding firearm owners, hunters and target shooters. It does nothing to criminals and punishes only the licensed and law abiding. Law abiding firearms owners don’t need more stringent laws , we follow the ones in place as it is. Criminals break laws either way , no matter how new or stringent the laws are, that’s the facts unfortunately.

It has so many unrealistic proposals contained in it such as the storage of some firearms at a range or approved place instead of the owners home or domicile. Imagine putting large amounts of firearms in one storage place with it being known. Its a disaster waiting to happen , a perfect hit for thieves and a break in. Nothing in this bill keeps firearms out of the hands of criminals , period. Those who follow the law will be punished while the criminals will continue to break laws as that is what they do.

The money that would be wasted implementing this ridiculous bill would be great. There is nothing wrong with our classification system and firearms act right now, why fix what is not broken. If anything law abiding firearms owners should be given more freedoms not stripped of them. Law abiding firearms owners such as myself take firearm licensing, safety, law and ownership very seriously and enjoy the privilege greatly. It is more than a hobby , it puts food on the table and gets us outdoors or at the range enjoying life.

Also some firearms owners have substantial money tied up in their collection and some of these firearms which are fully legal and non-restricted at present would be reclassified or their use limited under this proposed bill. It would be very wrong to make peoples expensive firearms unusable as they are now or restricted in use or worse even prohibited. Why would a government want to make paper criminals or institute a buy back of these firearms if they went that route.

In conclusion, please do what you can to destroy this bill and any future iterations , Thank you very much for your time and consideration and take care.

Quote Originally Posted by auracle View Post
    This is an interesting take on the subject

https://www.reddit.com/r/canadaguns/...uxpayette_her/
    Very interesting comment, thanks Auracle.

Obviously you can tweak it to your liking and the first sentence may not be what you would or would want to start off with. It is a quick to the point letter , the bill has so much wrong with it that it would take 10 pages to outline a counter for every crazy point in the bill , lol.
    Also my statement in my letter about things are good now , if anything we should have more freedoms I will explain. What is in place now is far better than the alternative in this bill and I wanted to stay on topic with the bill and not stray into mag capacities , how the AR should be NR , how the prohibited class is stupid ETC. ETC.. , these issues would stray off topic to much and other things. I as a gun owner feel we should be able to own and shoot anything within reason responsibly and that AK's and AR's should be NR and not restricted or prohibited by name. I would love more freedoms , as many as possible but the letter was dealing with the issue at hand and I didn't want it to be a rant on how stupid current gun laws are , just a rant on how stupid this bill is, lol.
    Last edited by sigrunes; 04-16-2016 at 09:29 PM.

I cant believe this tard is a senator .. I cant believe we have 4 more years of this lib chit. This should be on the news to inform all Canadians with as much air play as we get to hear about every indian reserve that is having problems ..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ben777lemay's Avatar
    So the rest of Canada have a taste of what we have in Quebec... And there is alooooot of them !

This is against this kind of person we have to fight everyday.

But to do Bill S-223, they have to do a register first ( like they want to do in Quebekistan ), then they will know where and who own those guns.

When I read other threads about the Quebec register, some of you want to throw us under the bus but ask yourself : who's gonna be next ?
    We need your help more than ever !
    Its sad to say but Quebec is no more a democratic province.

Quote Originally Posted by ben777lemay View Post
    So the rest of Canada have a taste of what we have in Quebec... And there is alooooot of them !
    This is against this kind of person we have to fight everyday.
    But to do Bill S-223, they have to do a register first ( like they want to do in Quebekistan ), then they will know where and who own those guns.
    When I read other threads about the Quebec register, some of you want to throw us under the bus but ask yourself : who's gonna be next ?
    We need your help more than ever !Its sad to say but Quebec is no more a democratic province.
    Agree, however Quebec is notorious for voting in french Liberals and played a big part in voting current Liberals into power.
    Not to single out Quebec as Canada in general voted Red last election… must be something in the water..lol
    - Elite System Performance
    - IPSC-IDPA-CSSA-CCFR-NFA-CGN ~ DVC ~
    - Slow is smooth, smooth is fast
    - Better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

Quote Originally Posted by svt1940 View Post
    We can use a MEGA facepalm but even then....
    How about..
    Member: CSSA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

if this goes through I think I'll end up moving to the states.

Canadian Senators, their affiliation, and contact information.
    http://www.parl.gc.ca/SenatorsBio/
    http://www.parl.gc.ca/SenatorsBio/co...spx?Language=E

These are public Officials. Email, Call, and or compose a letter and forward (MAIL, FAX) it to them all as this Bill effects the majority of licensed Canadian firearm users. If we all do this it can't hurt.
    - Elite System Performance
    - IPSC-IDPA-CSSA-CCFR-NFA-CGN ~ DVC ~
    - Slow is smooth, smooth is fast
    - Better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.