Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3444464748495051525354555657 LastLast

Thread: Bill S-223

How do you persuade an unelected senator to change their personal opinion about a subject? They are there for life without ever having to pander for votes. So they most likely don't care what other individuals think of their agenda.

BANNED
    Which is exactly the point and as it should be.

What is not as it should be is that they are appointed based on patronage and not merit. Think Supreme Court Justices in the US. Full out vetting and appointment hearings. Once they pass, they have the job for life, but god help anybody going through that process.

FF

Quote Originally Posted by quadtracker85 View Post
    How do you persuade an unelected senator to change their personal opinion about a subject? They are there for life without ever having to pander for votes. So they most likely don't care what other individuals think of their agenda.

CGN Regular
    ... and so here comes another 60 pages in this thread beating dead horse again.

Quote Originally Posted by serg777 View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/Rw97qlc.jpg

Where is Mr.Wolverine?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer guess_kto's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by serg777 View Post
    And all you have to do is to go to settings and put 100 posts per page... Your live will never be the same... took me 3 minutes to go through 6 pages
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Guns View Post
    We need to put these anti-gunner politicians in the spotlight and let people know they don't care about Canadians. Now a days every other group is publicly shaming politicians to get their way, maybe it is worth a try.
    I think this is a great idea, but the problem is that it will be difficult to find a sympathetic public who will listen...gun owners are a minority in Canada, and unlike the US, we do not have a constitution that makes gun ownership a right. The politicians will keep trying to restrict/ban guns as long as we are a minority. Public perception needs to change about gun owners/guns in general. The problem is, every other week in the USA there is a mass shooting. We don't have these in Canada with any sort of frequency, but because of our proximity to the USA, the public here assumes that guns will cause the same havoc in this country. Obviously, this is not the case, but the public's perception is what it is. If it were not a constitutional right in the USA to own firearms and if it were not for the extremely powerful NRA, you would have seen some significant restrictions/modifications to their gun ownership laws over the years as a consequence of all the shootings there. We in Canada do not have the constitution or the NRA to protect our gun ownership rights, and we will face a constant and uphill battle to hang on to our firearms.
    All this might change though, if Trump wins, gets to be the Prez, annexes Canada , we become part of the USA and then we will have the same gun laws as they do!! :O

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jmichelin84's Avatar
    I just got a reply on this subject this Am, sent frim a different person as seen below
    Azimi, Wala

Thank you for your email regarding Bill S-223 an Act to amend the Firearms Act and the Criminal Code and to make consequential changes to other Acts.
    I appreciate that you have written me and I agree with the arguments you put forth in your letter. Bill S-223 is currently at second reading in the Senate.
    Thank you once again for sharing your views regarding this very important issue.

Regards,

Senator David Wells
    Is it wrong to love the clack clack bang, but wanna run from a click tick lol

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by jmichelin84 View Post
    I just got a reply on this subject this Am, sent frim a different person as seen below
    Azimi, Wala

Thank you for your email regarding Bill S-223 an Act to amend the Firearms Act and the Criminal Code and to make consequential changes to other Acts.
    I appreciate that you have written me and I agree with the arguments you put forth in your letter. Bill S-223 is currently at second reading in the Senate.
    Thank you once again for sharing your views regarding this very important issue.

Regards,

Senator David Wells
    and WTF does that mean?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jmichelin84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chicu1981 View Post
    and WTF does that mean?
    Exactly what I asked, usually bull run around I bet
    Is it wrong to love the clack clack bang, but wanna run from a click tick lol