Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst 123456789101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill S-223

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jmichelin84's Avatar
    Keeping an eye on this, i can't lose my toys and my build I'm just barely starting now
    Is it wrong to love the clack clack bang, but wanna run from a click tick lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Home Depot has large PVC pipe on sale.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jmichelin84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ESP View Post
    Canadian Senators, their affiliation, and contact information.
    http://www.parl.gc.ca/SenatorsBio/
    http://www.parl.gc.ca/SenatorsBio/co...spx?Language=E

These are public Officials. Email, Call, and or compose a letter and forward (MAIL, FAX) it to them all as this Bill effects the majority of licensed Canadian firearm users. If we all do this it can't hurt.
    I've sent a message my member, Yvonne Jones, she's always helped us when we had a problem here in Labrador
    Is it wrong to love the clack clack bang, but wanna run from a click tick lol

Can someone educate me on this? The CPC still has a majority in the Senate, yes? I know Harper left many seats empty so there will soon be an anti-gun majority there but I had heard that wont be until the end of the year. So this bill has no chance of passing now, no?

Thank you signrunes for posting your letter. I sent a tweaked version of my own to every senator. It is truly the least one could do.

Tomorrow, 4 of my friends and co-workers will be taking their gun courses because I convinced them to after taking them out shooting and educated them on how firearms are used in Canada. One of them was an adamant anti-gunner and I even got him to come around! I will be making a personal phone call on this issue come monday, but I just wanted to also encourage people to try to convince people they know to get their licenses. The more voices we have, the stronger we are!

CGN frequent flyer
    Its been asked more than once and I'm going to ask again because there has been NO answer and I'm sick of it.

WHAT ARE OUR GUN ORGS DOING?

We've got the CSSA who have contacts on the hill and are trying to do things diplomatically and the NFA who is trying to be a Canadian NRA but failing miserably at it.

At what point do our gun orgs stand up and DO something visual... Where are the TV ads on national stations. Where are the ads in national papers? Why are they not organizing rallies ALL OVER THE COUNTRY?

Our numbers are spread out across this country. It would be extremely difficult and overly costly for most to meet at Parliament Hill for a rally... the numbers who could show up wouldn't be enough to be truly effective. BUT... smaller rallies all over the country... national advertising... paid coverage of these rallies... That would look impressive.

We need to stop assuming the rest of the country is against us and realize its a vocal and well funded MINORITY who comes up with and supports these crazy ideas. Its a quite MAJORITY who don't necessarily agree but aren't effected (non gun owners) so they don't do anything because they don't think it matters.

We need to show the country that it DOES matter. We need representation on a HUGE scale, nationally. We need our message spread across the pages of well read and well watched media. Until we are seen as a force to be reckoned with by the WHOLE country... we will be seen as unimportant by most.

Its crazy to me how many things the liberals have done only since being elected that the majority of canadians DONT support, yet we do nothing about it. Imagine if our gun orgs were not just a voice for gun owners, but a real... and LOUD voice for everyone. The peoples voice. The truth is, its what the NRA is the US. Its not all about guns for the NRA and the american public. Its about rights as a whole and there are ALOT of non gun owners who are members of the NRA because they see freedoms in general being defended.

Quote Originally Posted by mbogo3 View Post
    Home Depot has large PVC pipe on sale.
    If the bill went though I would be buying a chit ton of PVC.
    Badger Badger Badger Badger MUSHROOM MUSHROOM.

Well Kirby64 you are right ! you are also what we needed 30 years ago . At this point we would not have an issue in Canada .
    What you have done is admirable , I have done this many times in the past and supported this industry in many ways . all to no avail
    We are politically "ineffective" we have supported people in National Organizations who have not succeeded for whatever reasons .
    This country is wrongheaded on many fronts and the easiest target is gun owners They Know who they are dealing with !

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ben777lemay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ESP View Post
    Agree, however Quebec is notorious for voting in french Liberals and played a big part in voting current Liberals into power.
    Not to single out Quebec as Canada in general voted Red last election… must be something in the water..lol
    Personally, I never voted Liberal in my whole life.

I think people doesn't voted Liberal, they voted against the previous gouvernment.
    The sad thing is there is not alot of choices

Montreal run Quebec but these don't represent the rest of Quebec.