Page 41 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2131333435363738394041424344454647484951 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill S-223

Well done!
    As good as I've ever heard,wish you were making the laws lol

http://www.csaaa.org/senate-bill-s-223-update/

Senator Hervieux-Payette is scheduled to retire on April 22nd. It is not clear if the bill dies when its sponsor retires. Technically, the bill requires a sponsor to proceed.

Senate bills rarely succeed. Private Member's Bills rarely succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by jdharcus View Post
    http://www.csaaa.org/senate-bill-s-223-update/

Senator Hervieux-Payette is scheduled to retire on April 22nd. It is not clear if the bill dies when its sponsor retires. Technically, the bill requires a sponsor to proceed.

Senate bills rarely succeed. Private Member's Bills rarely succeed.

So it's scrapped?

Simply don't comply. They can't arrest everyone

Quote Originally Posted by kandress View Post
    I just emailed this to her. Maybe it will help, maybe not. I encourage everyone on here to do the same.

Senator,

After reading through Bill C-223 I immediately knew I had to write you to express my grave concerns regarding this Bill.

However... ... pour in from the US everyday.

I invite and encourage you to join me sometime both at my shooting club and in my cruiser so that I can show you first hand where the problems are and how they can best be addressed to better the safety of all Canadians.

Respectfully,

Kevin Andress
    Kevin, thank you and others in joining those of us who have written to Ottawa.
    I didn't send a fax to Senator H-Payette after reading her website ( http://eurekablog.ca/en/articles/?ccm_paging_p_b570=2 ) as well as other links that clearly demonstrated that her mind was made up and was not open to 'facts and details'.
    I didn't send a fax to the other Liberal Senators simply due to my belief that they would march to the parties drum major and not to the benefit of the audience.
    I will amend that detail this weekend and email my fax to the remaining Senators of both Liberal and Independent persuasions.

I SUGGEST...In fact I encourage each and every reader, member and interested party to actually write their respective MP as well as the Senator who originates from your region.
    A written letter, email or facsimile will at the very least raise awareness with the HIRED HELP that they are accountable to their 'subjects' - not to themselves.
    There is no stamp required if using snail mail.
    There is no need to be crude, demeaning or otherwise rude and condescending.
    A thoughtful yet forceful letter that you would write to your own child who just doesn't get the signals you are sending would be the best way to approach this.
    Sounding off with insults and slurs will just get their hackles up and their stubbornness jacked up.

When you read through this Senators blog, website and other links, you realize her opinion can be countered with facts and figures.
    Something that needs to be said again and again AND AGAIN.
    Restrain your anger and frustration, because if you don't you'll lose the argument.
    If you lose your temper, and the next person does, and the next - eventually we all will lose.

Focus on the argument and make your point!!!

Here's a link to addresses, email, and facsimile numbers for the MPs currently in Ottawa...

http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parliamentarians/en/members?view=List

Your welcome...

...B
    Member of NFA; CSSA; CCFR
    In Life - Every Decade Lived Doubles in Velocity from the Decade Lived Before - And Then One Day

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonychild View Post
    Simply don't comply. They can't arrest everyone
    I assure you that if you were the one that the government focused it's attention on, you would almost certainly sing a different tune.

Then again, maybe you would stand your ground while they ruin your life by bankrupting & incarcerating you...
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

ehehehe She wants us to hunt bears with 22lr rifles and shotguns. She thinks Canadians will hand over the 14-21 million civilian owned guns to the RCMP. She's the cutest 75 year old in Canada.

I've emailed all my senators from this province and my MP. I'll update on replies.
    "Victory favours the prepared"

Quote Originally Posted by rougesmurf View Post
    Somehow a facepalm seems to little...
    This calls for...

Left wing, right wing, they belong to the same bird.

I emailed my MP, he is conservative and doesn't think this bill will get very far. He said if it does make to the house then he will obviously oppose it.