Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: The fight of our lives

Quote Originally Posted by FLYBYU44 View Post
    What were the chances that the Liberals would win by a landslide? Or that Notely would rule Alberta? Okay, now tell me again how you figure there is zero chance this law will pass.
    This^

Quote Originally Posted by K-Roc View Post
    If you look into it there is not chance in heck this bill will pass... they are pandering to the anti-gun base in the Liberal party, which is at an all time low on their "concern thermometer" and a smaller element to the Liberal party than it was a decade ago.

Not saying its great, it's fine to be proactive, but part of me is happy this is what the Liberal party is doing to satisfy the anti gun ppl in their party. Why? Bc this is a joke. It's just something to do to point to and say "See!? We are tough on guns!"

For me its just painful to watch time, effort, and money spent in areas that have absolutely nothing to do with crime prevention or "bettering" society... sigh... politics... what a big waste of money sometimes.
    Sure, but it could get the ball rolling. Bills can be amended...

I wonder what the Liberals would think about this kind of thing if thousands and thousands of emails were sent to the Min of Justice simply stating "I will not comply."?

Hmmm, the "I WILL NOT COMPLY" email-campaign"...

Simple, easy, to the point...
    Of course, I'm not telling anyone to disobey the law. (I don't think I need to.) But, I would imagine the "I WILL NOT COMPLY" campaign by the firearms community en masse might be a warning shot across their bow that might make the Libs pause for thought.
    Last edited by bcbravo2zero; 04-18-2016 at 05:35 PM.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomIsn'tFree View Post
    I agree 100%!!! We need to be proactive NOT reactive, because if you can't see what's coming your eyes are closed.
    Keep us Informed and we will back you all the way!!!
    Licensed 12(6) Prohibited Handguns - Not as good as once was... but as good once as ever was ...
    If it hops it drops... if it flies it dies...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer copeland's Avatar
    She is set to retire April 22, 2016 at the mandatory 75 years of age according to wikipedia.
    "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama, 2001.

“Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest.” -Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by copeland View Post
    She is set to retire April 22, 2016 at the mandatory 75 years of age according to wikipedia.
    That's all well and good but the bill is still in play. Bills can be amended as well , so they might do a less crazy but still horrible version. We have to fight this.

Quote Originally Posted by bcbravo2zero View Post
    Sure, but it could get the ball rolling. Bills can be amended...

I wonder what the Liberals would think about this kind of thing if thousands and thousands of emails were sent to the Min of Justice simply stating "I will not comply."?

Hmmm, the "I WILL NOT COMPLY" email-campaign"...

Simple, easy, to the point...
    Of course, I'm not telling anyone to disobey the law. (I don't think I need to.) But, I would imagine the "I WILL NOT COMPLY" campaign by the firearms community en masse might be a warning shot across their bow that might make the Libs pause for thought.
    That's great, make us all look like lawbreaking gun toting nut jobs from the get go. That will definitely help portray gun owners as responsible law abiding citizens who just want to be left alone. I'm sure the anti gunners won't use this as a clear reason to disarm us.

I gave it a bit of a read.. i cant understand why there was so much time and money spent on making this bill. That time could have been spent on helping the fortunate . Criminals will still do the crimes and get the devices they need to satisfy their addiction.. May be instead of guns on parlament they should just let bad people just walk rite on in.

Quote Originally Posted by conrad01 View Post
    I gave it a bit of a read.. i cant understand why there was so much time and money spent on making this bill. That time could have been spent on helping the fortunate . Criminals will still do the crimes and get the devices they need to satisfy their addiction.. May be instead of guns on parlament they should just let bad people just walk rite on in.
    They did and Vickers shot him

I've offered to volunteer for one of the gun organizations we have (and that I'm a member of), but didn't even receive a response of any sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen9o5 View Post
    They did and Vickers shot him
    With what ? Do pray tell ! Oh yeah a gun ! Lol this cenial old bat wants to create a bulls&17 bill that makes her feel better when in reality those rcmp officers with mp5's are there to stop said a$$holes from killing people like her any way . Liberal thinking at its best, machine guns in the hands of police correlate to what law abiding citizens can own . I don't know about you guys but last time I owned an MP5 was the 15th of not a chance in hell