Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171819202122232425262728293141 ... LastLast

Thread: The fight of our lives

The liberals HAVE a majority government.

IF they want this to happen, there's no amount of letters that will stop it.

The only way I think it could be tossed is in the Senate, and THAT is probably stacked right now because Harper left a bunch of empty seats.

Quote Originally Posted by 44fordy View Post

The only way I think it could be tossed is in the Senate, and THAT is probably stacked right now because Harper left a bunch of empty seats.
    It'd be extremely surprising if the senate tossed out a sizable bill that was adopted by the commons. They can get away with occasionally doing it to smaller bills and amending them but generally the senate knows their place and they don't outright block bills.

Quote Originally Posted by inky View Post
    I don,t think Justin is that stupid to risk losing the next election
    The Liberals got elected (presumably) without the support of CGN types this time, do you think the lack of support by the gun community will somehow change that next time?

Unlike other groups, we have no human rights axe to grind, and as such they can roll right over us without much protest from the public. If a vote was taken right now of all Canadians on whether or not we should be allowed to own handguns, I suspect we would lose. Those that scoff at what Mr.Wolverine said need a reality check. Not only are the anti-gunners in a majority position, they likely have enough public support to proceed against us.

Quote Originally Posted by CyprusTM View Post
    Yeah lets blame the refugees and immigrants. You bust be native american :D
    Oh, give me a break. I come from an immigrant family that is racially mixed.
    It is plainly obvious that the Libs are buying future votes in these communities.
    They are desperately trying to insure that they never get relegated to 3rd place again.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by bcbravo2zero View Post
    Oh, give me a break. I come from an immigrant family that is racially mixed.
    It is plainly obvious that the Libs are buying future votes in these communities.
    They are desperately trying to insure that they never get relegated to 3rd place again.
    Yup.

Think about this... call it conspiracy if you like...

Trudeau is increasing refugee influx and immigrant influx. (Not to mention all the money and benefits they are getting)
    They're eligible to vote in a few years...

Kathleen Wynne (Ontarion) recently announced free tuition for people with little income.

Well who do we think THAT is geared for?

Hey, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....

Its attitude like this that gives the Anti's the edge. Only if you want them to have the edge they will. If we unite as gun owners, I am sure we can make things happen.

GOD, GUNS & GOLD - Three Gs I seek

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar

All these idiot pot heads voted in Droves! People that never vote, now it lookz like they are all being thrown under the bus {Pot laws} but, it got the Libtardz in. The Pro Pot crowd won it for them. I TOLD/Argued to everyone this would happen, & Do Not Vote Liberal. If Harper just said he would do the same, They would Still be in! Whether it could of happened or not. Now we have this b.s.

Parents in Ontario were outraged when Sandals tried to change the daycare system in Ontario. Parents spunded off their anger and concerns, and Sandals backed off.

We can do it as well as gun owners. We are family people, doctor, lawyer, business owner, student, senior citizen, gay /lesbian, and etc.
    This is how we need to present ourselves. Just ordinary people with hobby.
    I wish we can organize social not for profit events such as food drives to make ourselves more visible in the public. Sopeople know that we are not scary people.

GUNTER: Departing senator's bill looks to give restrictive gun registration

BY LORNE GUNTER , EDMONTON SUN

FIRST POSTED: MONDAY, APRIL 18, 2016 08:58 AM MDT

Is Senate Private Bill S-223 a parting shot by a retiring Liberal senator or a trial balloon being launched by the Trudeau government to see whether there is any taste for a new gun registry?

Hard to say. What is clear is that if S-223 ever became law, it would be even more restrictive than the 1995 long-gun registration bill, C-68.

Introduced earlier this month by Quebec Liberal Senator Céline Hervieux-Payette, the bill may die when Hervieux-Payette retires from the Senate at the end of this week. The former Pierre Trudeau cabinet minister turns 75 - the mandatory Senate retirement age - on Friday.

The bill also faces some significant procedural hurdles. For one, to get past first reading the bill requires both the Liberals and the Conservatives to speak to it. While the Liberals have scheduled their statements for as early as Tuesday, the Conservatives have no plans yet to address the bill. And since the Tories still hold the majority in the upper chamber, S-223 could languish on the order paper a long, long time.

So maybe this is just Hervieux-Payette's last kick at the can; one more chance to make a clattering commotion on her way out the door.

Hervieux-Payette, who was secretary of state for fitness and amateur sport back in the early '80s, has long been a fierce opponent of private gun ownership. She is also rabidly anti-American.

A decade ago when an American tourist wrote Canadian senators to tell them she and her family would not be coming to Canada out of protest for the seal hunt, Hervieux-Payette told the woman "the daily massacre of innocent people in Iraq, the execution of prisoners - mainly blacks - in American prisons, the massive sale of handguns to Americans, and the destabilization of the entire world by the American government's aggressive foreign policy," was far worse than the seal hunt.

But there is also some reason to think the bill is more than just the fading dream of a radically anti-gun senator.

For one thing, it's more than 70 pages long and appears to be the work of several, professional lawyers and legislation drafters. Tony Bernardo, executive director of the Canadian Shooting Sports Association, says S-223 looks as if "it took a number of Department of Justice lawyers a few months of work to create."

If Justice lawyers did help in the bill's creation, that would indication S-223 is a stalking horse - a false front the Trudeau government is hiding behind to gauge reaction and see whether they could get away with new gun controls.

The key provisions include the reclassification of all firearms, except "hunting firearms" as "circumscribed firearms."

Firearms in this new category - close to half of all firearms in the country - could not be stored in private homes. They would have to be kept locked up in government-approved vaults at authorized gun clubs or even police stations.

And they could only be removed from these facilities by licensed "transporters." No word yet whether individual owners could get license to transport their own guns.

And while guns would not have to be "registered," they would have to be "inscribed."

Explaining the difference, Hervieux-Payette said, "We simply thought that using the term 'inscription' would eliminate some anxiety. I think that using the term inscription does not evoke feelings of fear" that a new registry is on the way.

Let's hope when the good senator packs up her office this week, she packs up this dangerous bill along with her paperweight and letter opener.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2016/04/1...n-registration

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    Yup.

Think about this... call it conspiracy if you like...

Trudeau is increasing refugee influx and immigrant influx. (Not to mention all the money and benefits they are getting)
    They're eligible to vote in a few years...

Kathleen Wynne (Ontarion) recently announced free tuition for people with little income.

Well who do we think THAT is geared for?

Hey, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....
    Oldest game in the political book.........buying votes with other people's money.
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers