Page 23 of 52 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192021222324252627282930313343 ... LastLast

Thread: The fight of our lives

John

I agree with what you are saying however I do not understand what the hell is the CPC? Canadian Policy Centre!!!!!!!!!

It's one thing to discuss the worst case scenario but another to loose complete civility and attack others in our community. Let them speak their nonsens, it makes no difference in this discourse. If you're going to waste your words and go off on some defeatist or pessimistic tangent, we don't need you on our side. These people are clearly unable to admit that they have no motivation to fight for our cause. I'm sure those individuals will attack me after reading this and to them I give my most gracious apologies, the truth is almost always met with bitter revulsion.
    I believe, as many people have so eloquently put it, that "unity" as well as "composure" is the best way to combat this. I am unaware if this has been mentioned, though i'm sure it has, that members of our community should set up meetings in our localities to discuss this in open forum. With this I am certain we can all engage in a dialogue that will aid in devising an effective and succinct course of action. I know this is a tall order, but we must try and I would be willing to help make this happen in any way I possibly can. This I say with the uttermost sincerity. Those of you in our community who have expressed your passion and love for the sport and have written in support of our cause, I am most honoured to stand alongside you in defense against this incursion.

Quote Originally Posted by bravo2058 View Post
    John

I agree with what you are saying however I do not understand what the hell is the CPC? Canadian Policy Centre!!!!!!!!!
    The Consertivat Party of Canada .

It amazes me how everyone here thinks there are no Liberal gun owners. I can guarantee you that a huge percentage of gun owners voted Liberal. The average voter/gun owner is uneducated in politics. They do not believe anyone will take their guns away. A big majority of CPC voters also stayed home election night in protest to such Harper greats as bill c51. Harper had no right to run for another term, no matter how good a Prime Minister may be people do not want to see the same person in power for over ten years, it just doesn't happen. The Federal Liberals at present have no intention of coming after gun owners, their budget which includes a projection for the next four years does not include any money for it. I'm not saying they can't add it in later, but they are running such huge deficits they will not spend money they don't have to spend.

As for Senator crazy pants bill, it has no chance of success. In order to implement it there would have to be thousands of gun clubs to open in order to house all the restricted firearms that already exist. A bill that has no way to be implemented cannot be passed. She also is forcibly resigning on April 22 2016. This is her swan song to get us all upset. Some Orgs are using this to generate fear and get their memberships up, it's a horrible tactic.

Senate bills almost always die on the senate floor do not give this bill attention that may help it pass.

Instead let the good senator have her goodbye, send her a nice birthday card on Aprill 22, and stop the fear mongering. There's no sense in living in fear until their is actually something to be worried about. When that day comes we will find a way to solve the problem and work through it.

I vote conservative/PC , always have but I agree some gun owners did vote Liberal , not many I know here in Alberta though.
    Also we have to be proactive with stuff like this , not reactive in the future.

proactive means working with the party in power, something only one Org I know of is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Natureboy View Post
    proactive means working with the party in power, something only one Org I know of is doing.
    Or us as firearms owners writing and emailing against bills like this no matter what the chance is that it will pass , that's proactive as well IMHO. They might think twice next time.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kingjenky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sigrunes View Post
    I vote conservative/PC , always have but I agree some gun owners did vote Liberal , not many I know here in Alberta though.
    Also we have to be proactive with stuff like this , not reactive in the future.
    Well in my opinion the libertarian party of Canada has the views I agree with!!! And was hoping after Harper lost others may be lookin for a real change and possibly help get them in the ring. Liberals, PC ,NDP bin there done that! Maybe I'm just a fool.
    We are all so politically correct!!!! its gonna ruin us all......

Libertarian party does have some good ideas for sure. I just don't think they have the numbers support or vote wise to get in and make an impact unfortunately. Sad but true.
    Sometimes you have to remember what the PC party did for us like scrapping the long gun registry and other firearms related positive things instead of dwelling on what they didn't do , pros and cons to every party.

CGN Regular
    It's a good post and idea. I think it's time we stop being arm chair quarterbacks. Most ideas are good ones if we just got off our butts and acted. I still think one of the most powerful messages to send to parliament is increasing PAL ownership by 10% per year and then have a lobby group convince the government that a vote against the interest of this growing populous is a guarantee to be replaced.
    CCFR Member - CSSA Member