Page 25 of 52 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212223242526272829303132333545 ... LastLast

Thread: The fight of our lives

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    Aye,
    And that's the point I'm trying to make.
    I'm not going to spend hours of what little spare time I have sending letters to a Liberal majority government who is not the slightest bit interested so I can get ridiculous canned responses back telling me to indirectly go f**k myself....

I'm not shouting doom and gloom from the mountains either. When they prohibed the 858 and the Classic green (overnight with no warning) I sent letters, I sent e-mails, I informed everyone who would listen around me personally about the situation etc I didn't even own either of the rifles at the time. But that was the time for action because it was a real threat. And we won that one in the end god damn it!
    When a real threat comes up we'll act again. This bill doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell in passing. It's half baked and barely even coherent. The logistics of implementation even if they wanted to enforce it don't even add up on page one. If it does (by the atomic scale of possibility) then we'll fight it too and we'll win.
    Waiting patiently and watching closely....
    Check out some of Australia's gun laws... How about Pals not being renewed until firearms are handed in...just for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    One of us is been fed miss information because that is not what I am hearing. If you can give me any more information in confidence please e-mail me direct: John@wolverinesupplies.com
    Mr Wolverine, is there any chance we can stop this UN marking bill?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nowarningshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mshundal View Post
    lol yea lets all make a huge show of and make absolutely clear that every gun owner is against them - i am sure that is absolutely the right strategy...
    Well there are a few members on here that insist that gun owners are the cause of the Liberal majority. I see it differently, gun owners were apathetic. Meanwhile, the best before date of the Harper cons and the MSM got the apathetic Leftists out to vote. All it takes is a incompetent government that does not actually follow through on the promises for the Leftards and a bunch of PO'ed gun owners>>>>>one term LPC government.

So on 4/20 day, were all the leftards that actually believed Captain Selfie could or would legalize weed>>>>>are sparking up >>>>>illegally. I dare the mute, farm animals to go after us with something like S223. Unite a un united community, go ahead fire yourself.
    A free society must outlaw harming innocent people to function, but when we seek to curtail what all of us can do, rather than holding each of us responsible for what we actually do, we give up on freedom itself.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    You got it. The Liberals blame us for...everything. Then, morphing the blame culture they've been subjected to, some gun owners blame others. Your post is as accurate as any could be.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rangebob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gregb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnyy View Post
    All these idiot pot heads voted in Droves! People that never vote, now it lookz like they are all being thrown under the bus {Pot laws} but, it got the Libtardz in. The Pro Pot crowd won it for them.
    The Pot head thing is getting so tired. Yup, everyone that voted Liberal are Pot heads, they voted solely on that issue.
    A survey from Abacus Data suggests young Canadians were critical to the Liberal party's majority victory on Oct. 19. It says that forty-five per cent of Canadians aged 18 to 25 voted Liberal, compared with 25 per cent for the NDP and 20 per cent for the Conservative Party. It reported a 12-point increase in voter turnout for youth aged 18 to 24, and an 11-point increase for those age aged 25 to 34.

Voter turnout rose from 61.1 per cent in 2011 to 68.5 per cent. A difference of 7.4%.
    Conservatives got 31.9 % of the vote. Liberals got 39.5 % of the vote. A difference of 7.6%.

It's suspected that it's the result of the impact of the Liberals' outreach to 18- and 24-year-olds — a fully developed media campaign that addressed young Canadians on issues such as marijuana legalization, youth jobs, the environment, affordable post-secondary education and the rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning and two-spirited people, otherwise known as LGBTQ2 rights.

"The Liberals probably would have won, had [youth] turnout been what it was in 2011, but I think [the increase in the youth vote] really pushed them over"
    -- David Coletto, the CEO of Abacus Data

Trudeau's team designed a campaign titled #matters that focused solely on young people's issues. A microsite, built by Pitfield's team of 20-somethings, included compelling digital videos featuring real people, some of which went viral and helped the Liberals spread their message beyond the youth demographic to their parents, teachers and siblings.

A few days before on-campus advance polls opened on Oct. 5, the Grits made a big and expensive push on Facebook, Youtube, and Vice, among other sites, to get their message out, Pitfield said.

"We hit hard," Pitfield said. "We spent a lot of money doing it and reaching out to [youth] based on the content that they engaged in."

(most of the above from hxxp://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/04/19/liberals-young-voters-trudeau-canada-election-2015_n_9727026.html )
    One eye to the past. One eye to the future. The wisest course.

Letter sent to my MP and Min of Public safety.

And no, I don't think this nutty bill will ever become law. However, I believe that the Libs are gauging the reaction. They want to know if they can get away with draconian laws targeting law-abiding, licensed gun owners.
    They're not done.
    We need to get loud to protect our civil liberties.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

"and the rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning and two-spirited people, otherwise known as LGBTQ2 rights."

Coffee on the keyboard from that one.Thanks a lot.

]
    "...disarming the Canadian public is part of the new humanitarian social agenda." - Foreign Affairs Minister Lloyd Axeworthy at a Gun Control conference in Oslo, Norway in 1998.

Well all I say is we need a plan that we ALL go by...protests, emails/letters to everyone, signs/posters for public education...whatever. This is insane. The world around us is in decline, it's more dangerous then it ever has been, we have Trojan horses in refugee/immigration waiting to commit terror on us. We have debt being racked up day by day for the next 3.5 yrs. We have massive police militarization, SJW attacking our free speech that's being taken away because of hurt feeling when the truth being told. And now we have a government run by the son of the man who f***ed Canada hard and he will do the same on all levels.

We can not sleep on this. We are not a problem in this country yet we are continuous targets from law enforcement and government. I would like to see stats on how the current gun laws aren't working. I would like to see stats on gun crimes/violent crimes committed by gun owners. They wont be able to provide any of this cause there is no problem. I am sick of being treated like a common criminal just because I own guns and have to fear that thousands and thousands of dollars of personal property will be confiscated or made illegal for no reason other than fear mongering and turning us all into sheep and cattle. And the MSM will feed the current sheep and cattle and they will eat all this #### up and support these laws.

This is a fight for our lives as gun owners. This is insanity. I hope it is just a farce bill, but I truly feel it isn't and saw this coming before the majority was won. We need to stay vigilant with this.
    An armed individual is a citizen, an unarmed individual is a subject. Gun control is not about controlling guns, it’s about controlling those who use the guns.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomLew View Post
    Mr Wolverine, is there any chance we can stop this UN marking bill?
    My understanding is that it is to late to stop this. The real problem is that no one in the Government or Industry have a plan on how this will be implemented. The CSAAA is in in the process of developing such strategies, but it is not my place to speak on their behalf at this time. We do need to encourage all dealers to join the CSAAA so that they can speak with a stronger voice.

CGN Regular
    How about everyone lobby the liberals by mail and email, besides contacting your local MP, Justin would be brain dead to go down this path, Payette,s bill should die as she leaves the senate