Page 26 of 52 FirstFirst ... 61618192021222324252627282930313233343646 ... LastLast

Thread: The fight of our lives

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    My understanding is that it is to late to stop this. The real problem is that no one in the Government or Industry have a plan on how this will be implemented. The CSAAA is in in the process of developing such strategies, but it is not my place to speak on their behalf at this time. We do need to encourage all dealers to join the CSAAA so that they can speak with a stronger voice.
    I know Harper deferred it/stopped from implementing it when he was in power. As you say it isn't killed or stopped permanently though and is still in play and on the back burner. I honestly wonder how the Trudeau liberal government will deal with it , first instinct is they will be liberals and go with it but honestly I'm not so sure. They don't know its full scope and I don't think they know how to deal with it really , it might make them hold off on it as well instead of jumping into something they know nothing about (like politicians haven't done that before I know, I know, lol). Like you said our gun orgs and us can sure try to stave it off and MAYBE get it scrapped or back burnered for so long its ineffective.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Can't be that hard to remove the barrel of an SKS from the receiver,,, if it ever came to that,, I would take my SKS apart and melt down the receiver,, I could then show them the large lump of steel and my nicely preserved group of parts carefully stowed away. Just in case the next government reverses their asinine rules, then I could re mill the metal blob back into SKS receivers,,, or something like that! I wonder how many receivers can fit in an ammo can! Just wondering!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Quote Originally Posted by goggles View Post
    There is actually a gun control debate within the Liberal Party, and it's a mistake to make generalizations, as it alienates those in the party who may be on our side... at least those who agree that Bill C-223 is utter nonsense.

They say that the Liberal Party exists to rule... period. They will say anything during elections, but often do the opposite when they're in power. The last 3 elections, they shot themselves in the foot by promising to ban all handguns and/or semi-auto firearms. They may not make the same promises again, if they know what's good for them.
    ^^^ This ^^^
    You are either trained or untrained, and you
    will always fall to the level of your training.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goggles View Post
    There is actually a gun control debate within the Liberal Party, and it's a mistake to make generalizations, as it alienates those in the party who may be on our side... at least those who agree that Bill C-223 is utter nonsense.

Anybody can join the Liberal Party. So the debate can take place there first.
    The Liberals also had decades to get their #### together and stop harassing us. I don't care about their 'feelings' while they simultaneously have a boot on our throats.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Johnyy sounds like your typical brainwashed dinosaur fudd.

Here's a fax that I sent this afternoon to 40+ Conservative Senators.
    I will be forwarding a similar message to the Members of Parliament as well.
    I have modified some of the detail to limit identification of myself.

Subject: Private Members Senate Bill S-223
    Senator Celine Hervieux-Payette

I have forwarded this facsimile message for the singular purpose of voicing my concerns and discontent with the purpose and no doubt, hidden intent of the captioned bill.

To give credibility to my concerns, I have been involved in the shooting sports since the late 1960s. Prior to joining the police in 1972, I worked at a gun shop in a major city, took part in trap and skeet competitions and enjoyed the camaraderie of like-minded individuals at public shooting ranges.
    After joining the police, I became a range officer, a firearms, tactical instructor, DND range officer and a CFS instructor. I was also a member of the DOJ’s framing workshop in Ottawa in March 1993 to help define Bill C-17.
    I’ve been an instructor, sport shooter and competitor for almost half a century I’ve supported the positive changes in lawful firearms ownership and instruction; and I’ve voted for those that support my interests. That does not ignore those who partake in hunting all across Canada, both as a sport, for sustenance and as a traditional way of life.
    The framing workshop I attended in 1993 was composed of Chief Provincial and Territorial Firearms Officers and police department registrars from across Canada. They represented the knowledge base the DOJ relied upon to provide a balanced and pragmatic approach to improve the safety of Canadians. Secure storage, magazine capacities, education, licensing with background checks were the primary focus of this workshop, and the governments direction.
    With the change of government in 1993 and the subsequent introduction of the infamous long gun registry, the Chretien government introduced amendments to the Firearms Act that basically forced too many Canadians to take an ill-advised stand and not register their long guns. The government, without any factual or statistical support, tabled amendments turning unknown numbers of Canadians into paper criminals.
    As the various amendments to the law came into force, many previously restricted weapons became prohibited (literally by 5 millimetres) and many newly prohibited weapons became worthless. Grandfathering of those with firearms that would become prohibited under the legislation was allowed.
    Those amendments cost individual Canadian taxpayers. This doesn’t even consider the cost to taxpayers of setting up the registry itself - a boondoggle that the RCMP tried to warn the government about. Finally, after almost 12 years, reason and common sense prevailed with the departure of the long gun registry.

We now have Bill S-223 presented to the Senate by Senator Hervieux-Payette, a bill awaiting second reading. This same Senator has railed against the United States, Canadian seal hunters and made too many statements that are far more fictional then factual.
    It is doubtful that Senator Hervieux-Payette has read factual documentation on firearms usage in Canada, including Doctor Caillin Langmann’s (McMaster University) paper of November 2011, that suggests ever more restrictive firearms legislation in Canada was purely political. Doctor Langmann concluded that changes in legislation between 1974 and 2008 had minimal or no impact on homicides, whereas the aging (maturing?) of the population certainly did.

Senator Hervieux-Payette has obviously expended considerable government resources in producing and tabling Bill S-223, a draconian document aimed at the heart of law abiding Canadian taxpayers.

Bill S-223 is another boondoggle waiting to happen.
    Bill S-223 re-words common terms (restricted/prohibited) that have been effectively used for almost 50 years. These words have been accepted by the Courts and by Canadians to clearly define the categories of firearms in Canada.
    Bill S-223 uses the term “circumscribe” which according to Merriam-Webster is first and foremost “to constrict the range or activity of … definitely and clearly”. It is clear that this legislation is intended to disarm law abiding Canadians.
    Bill S-223 will be a repeat of the ill-advised long gun registry Allan Rock presented to the Canadian taxpayer.
    Bill S-223 will restrict or prohibit the ownership and transport of semi-automatic firearms. A type of firearm that many individuals like myself prefer due to my being left handed, a cohort often ignored by much of the firearms industry over the years.
    Bill S-223 is the slippery slope whereby regulations can further restrict the possession of any firearm in Canada without the democratic control of our legislators by passing authority of shaping and defining laws to the police, legally removing such control from our legislators.

Peace, Order and Good Government has been at the very root of Canada’s structure, both in the 1840 Act of Union and the Constitution Act of 1867. Canadians are a peaceful people, a people who have shared in the development of a nation that respects the rule of law and fully supports good government has been in place for most of our history as a nation.

Canadians have the right and obligation to speak out against unfair policies and laws, particularly when it will criminalize law abiding citizens based on the outrageous and misguided interests of the uninformed.

Signed by me
    Member of NFA; CSSA; CCFR
    In Life - Every Decade Lived Doubles in Velocity from the Decade Lived Before - And Then One Day

That's one of the most eloquent and well written letters posted and shared around these parts in a long time.
    Thank you sir.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Best of its kind. I'd only add that we WON'T COMPLY. We can't in good conscience.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    My understanding is that it is to late to stop this. The real problem is that no one in the Government or Industry have a plan on how this will be implemented. The CSAAA is in in the process of developing such strategies, but it is not my place to speak on their behalf at this time. We do need to encourage all dealers to join the CSAAA so that they can speak with a stronger voice.
    Did all dealers know it will happen if we do nothing and how bad for their business? It is the time to unite together not only gun owners but also all firearms industry, since under Liberal we will not have easy life.
    BTW, I saw there was a UN Gun Marking Summit in CSAAA on March 31st, hope all dealers presented ~~~
    Last edited by AtomLew; 04-20-2016 at 10:13 PM.

Just out of curiosity--how many of you that have been ranting and raving on the Nutz threads have taken the time to write or e-mail the Lieberal cabinet to express their displeasure with the Bill, the Senate or their MP--especially important if your riding elected a lieberal.??
    Savage 99\'s - NEVER say never.