Page 29 of 52 FirstFirst ... 91921222324252627282930313233343536373949 ... LastLast

Thread: The fight of our lives

CGN Regular
    WoW Just read this on her commentary on the bill

Although Adam Lanza's actions were unthinkable and incomprehensible, we cannot place all the blame on him. This young man suffered from mental illness and social disabilities. He should never have had access to this type of firearm. The blame should be placed on the gun lobby, which constantly promotes violence and the nonsense of arming civilians.

http://www.parl.gc.ca/Content/Sen/Ch...?Language=E#51

Quote Originally Posted by keitha View Post
    WoW Just read this on her commentary on the bill

Although Adam Lanza's actions were unthinkable and incomprehensible, we cannot place all the blame on him. This young man suffered from mental illness and social disabilities. He should never have had access to this type of firearm. The blame should be placed on the gun lobby, which constantly promotes violence and the nonsense of arming civilians.

http://www.parl.gc.ca/Content/Sen/Ch...?Language=E#51
    Adam Lanza ... please watch the following ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzibL8UN0vo

Thank you; so what happens next? Does it need to be debated next, or what...? The online info on PMB's is from the H of C, not the Senate.
    You are either trained or untrained, and you
    will always fall to the level of your training.

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mshundal View Post
    lol yea lets all make a huge show of and make absolutely clear that every gun owner is against them - i am sure that is absolutely the right strategy...
    Quote Originally Posted by mshundal View Post
    Yea sure, openly advising breaking laws and firing up the easily lead is not doing you or the cause any credit.

This is here does more damage to actual gun owners' cause than anything the Liberals have done so far or planning to. You can fire up the easily lead all you want, and I truly hope it comes back to bite you before it does the cause any lasting damage.

... right.

Is there a point to these rude, sarcastic, confrontational and disrespectful comments?

Are you in favour of this bill?

If not, then how about posting something constructively useful?

What action, if any, would you suggest taking?
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by keitha View Post
    Although Adam Lanza's actions were unthinkable and incomprehensible, we cannot place all the blame on him. This young man suffered from mental illness and social disabilities.........blah, blah, blah.
    ........what a ridiculous statement to use in a Canadian Bill. Don't blame the fact he was mentally unstable, blame the gun lobby for giving him a gun.
    That's like blaming all car companies for allowing the drunk driver to kill someone.

The Liberal definition of accountability = Blame everyone else because it can't possibly be the individuals fault.

Very true everyone these days has rights how about some responsibility and accountability for once for ones actions!

Quote Originally Posted by Weapontech View Post
    ........what a ridiculous statement to use in a Canadian Bill. Don't blame the fact he was mentally unstable, blame the gun lobby for giving him a gun.
    That's like blaming all car companies for allowing the drunk driver to kill someone.

The Liberal definition of accountability = Blame everyone else because it can't possibly be the individuals fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Weapontech View Post

The accountability part- this is something that I've struggled with as a young man. I don't understand how this way of thinking has seeped into so many areas of society now.

i guess the best thing we can do other than fight is to produce more gun owners. i've successfully brought many people into our sport and hobby. time to step it up even more.

Quote Originally Posted by azn_hitman View Post
    i guess the best thing we can do other than fight is to produce more gun owners. i've successfully brought many people into our sport and hobby. time to step it up even more.
    I would take it a step further -

The best thing we can do, is to produce more gun owners - who also happen to be lawyers, versed in firearms laws....!!!

CGN Regular
    Sent and email to all 85 Senators. Please do the same

http://www.parl.gc.ca/SenatorsBio/co...spx?Language=E