Page 30 of 52 FirstFirst ... 102022232425262728293031323334353637384050 ... LastLast

Thread: The fight of our lives

Quote Originally Posted by keitha View Post
    Sent and email to all 85 Senators. Please do the same

http://www.parl.gc.ca/SenatorsBio/co...spx?Language=E
    I started with the Senators in my home province, Saskatchewan. I'll see how it goes from there. This is so surreal.

Quote Originally Posted by beaverhunter09 View Post
    I started with the Senators in my home province, Saskatchewan. I'll see how it goes from there. This is so surreal.
    I got this reply from Senotar Andreychuk's office:

"I note all your concerns about this Bill.
    I trust you are voicing your concerns to the government and all parliamentarians.
    I certainly will take them into account in my analysis of this Bill.
    Sincerely,
    Raynell Andreychuk"
    "In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.”
    Theodore Roosevelt

Sorry, letter writing doesn't cut it. Maybe in the 1950's it did, you need to be louder. Again this is playing from public ignorance by people who have a uniformed biase towards firearms. Get a TV advert, show the sports and how lawful owners store and transport firearms. Teach people it's not the legal firearms owner they need to fear, it's the guy who breaks into Cabelas in Calgary and steals 12 firearms (AR-15s and handguns) (check out the video) that the need to be afraid of. I've said it before and I'll say it again, nutters and gangs will find a way of getting firearms or weapons if they are motivated enough. Weapons from firearms to rock, sticks to knives and utensils, to their bare hands. There are enough sporting and safety videos on YouTube to put together a decent advert for Johnny public. when politicians don't know what they are talking about, it's time for the information video.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsytrain View Post
    Sorry, letter writing doesn't cut it. Maybe in the 1950's it did, you need to be louder. Again this is playing from public ignorance by people who have a uniformed biase towards firearms. Get a TV advert, show the sports and how lawful owners store and transport firearms. Teach people it's not the legal firearms owner they need to fear, it's the guy who breaks into Cabelas in Calgary and steals 12 firearms (AR-15s and handguns) (check out the video) that the need to be afraid of. I've said it before and I'll say it again, nutters and gangs will find a way of getting firearms or weapons if they are motivated enough. Weapons from firearms to rock, sticks to knives and utensils, to their bare hands. There are enough sporting and safety videos on YouTube to put together a decent advert for Johnny public. when politicians don't know what they are talking about, it's time for the information video.
    I agree with Gypstrain. When I went for my firearms licence a few years ago my wife wasn't impressed . She wanted nothing to do with firearms and didn't want them in the house. I ended up buying a gsg .22, cz spo1 and joined a shooting club. She wouldn't even look at the guns. After awhile I invited her to the club, told her just come and see what we do there. She ended up shooting 2 boxes with my .22 and a box with my 9mm. When we were driving home she said now she sees why I enjoy shooting. Her fears of having guns in the house are gone. That's how these anti gun ppl feel. All they see is all the negative on the news and never any of the positive!

Thanks HWT, I honestly believe a 5 minute video to infomercial could do and achieve more then 20 years of letter writing, and reach a wider range of people then protesting ever could. We have been down this road before and the same keeps happening. Support funds for back benchers and lobbyists could be put to better use.

CGN Regular
    ^^^^^^ infomercial would be pretty cool every person ive ever known who was slightly afraid of guns, 5 minutes with me on a range changed them positively forever. This bill cant go forward not only for the sport but people's lively hoods are on the line here not to mention those who hunt to sustain themselves...
    I have a feeling the concervatives are pushing the matter back long enough for her to retire... Just my two cents but agreed we need action..

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsytrain View Post
    Thanks HWT, I honestly believe a 5 minute video to infomercial could do and achieve more then 20 years of letter writing............
    This is a seriously good idea.......

We talk a fair amount about our own divisions within the firearms community, and I truly believe that these divisions are created through a huge void in communicating the message between our own groups. Whether you're a once a year hunter, weekly target shooter or daily plinker - one well delivered message can put all of us on the same page.

Collect money, get someone to produce a decent commercial, and get the damned thing on TV.

About $10 bucks from each member of this site would do it......
    You are either trained or untrained, and you
    will always fall to the level of your training.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborneboi69 View Post
    ^^^^^^ infomercial would be pretty cool every person ive ever known who was slightly afraid of guns, 5 minutes with me on a range changed them positively forever. This bill cant go forward not only for the sport but people's lively hoods are on the line here not to mention those who hunt to sustain themselves...
    I have a feeling the concervatives are pushing the matter back long enough for her to retire... Just my two cents but agreed we need action..
    Rod Giltaca...CCFR...5 min infomercial please. Maybe another gun giveaway to fund it
    Seriously this is the right guy for this right idea.

I'm just wondering. Is this bill even remotely close to becoming law? I've been hearing a lot of conflicting info here.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar
    If this bill passes I'm out of here Quebec and Canada can go Fuddle themselves (: