Page 32 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1222242526272829303132333435363738394042 ... LastLast

Thread: The fight of our lives

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FreedomIsn'tFree's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firearmsking View Post
    Thanks the comment. We all just gotta work together on this matter and show them that we aren't gonna take this harassment anymore.
    100% agree with you.
    It's better to have questions you can't answer, then answers you can't question.
    When you have no property rights, YOU ARE THE PROPERTY!
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Lieutenant View Post
    Is there a point to these rude, sarcastic, confrontational and disrespectful comments?

Are you in favour of this bill?

If not, then how about posting something constructively useful?

What action, if any, would you suggest taking?
    exactly, writing does help, a infomercial and a letter are 2 different things, doing nothing doesn't help

Happy birthday Céline Hervieux-Payette! Congratulations on turning 75 and reaching the age of manditory retirement from the senate. Please take bill 223 with you when you go.
    Happy birthday to you,
    Happy birthday to you,
    Happy birthday dear Celine
    Happy birthday to you.
    We should send her birthday cards from the firearms owner community

Quote Originally Posted by Firearmsking View Post
    Here is the emails of all the senators by province a gentleman posted on Facebook. just copy and paste and let our voices be heard

Alberta Senator email list:
    doug.black@sen.parl.gc.ca; elaine.mccoy@sen.parl.gc.ca; grant.mitchell@sen.parl.gc.ca; scott.tannas@sen.parl.gc.ca; claudette.tardif@sen.parl.gc.ca; betty.unger@sen.parl.gc.ca;

British Columbia Senator email list:
    larry.campbell@sen.parl.gc.ca; mobina.jaffer@sen.parl.gc.ca; martin@sen.parl.gc.ca; richard.neufeld@sen.parl.gc.ca; nancy.raine@sen.parl.gc.ca;

New Brunswick Senator email list:
    joseph.day@sen.parl.gc.ca; carole.smith@sen.parl.gc.ca; paul.mcintyre@sen.parl.gc.ca; percy.mockler@sen.parl.gc.ca; rosemay.poirier@sen.parl.gc.ca; pierrette.ringuette@sen.parl.gc.ca; carolyn.stewartolsen@sen.parl.gc.ca; john.wallace@sen.parl.gc.ca;

Newfoundland and Labrador Senator Email list;
    george.baker@sen.parl.gc.ca; norman.doyle@sen.parl.gc.ca; george.furey@sen.parl.gc.ca; fabian.manning@sen.parl.gc.ca; elizabeth.marshall@sen.parl.gc.ca; claudine.courtois@sen.parl.gc.ca;
    Northwest Territories Senator email list;
    sibnic@sen.parl.gc.ca

Nova Scotia Senator email list:
    jane.cordy@sen.parl.gc.ca; jim.cowan@sen.parl.gc.ca; stephen.greene@sen.parl.gc.ca; michael.macdonald@sen.parl.gc.ca; thomasjohnson.mcinnis@sen.parl.gc.ca; terry.mercer@sen.parl.gc.ca; wp.moore@sen.parl.gc.ca; kelvin.ogilvie@sen.parl.gc.ca;
    Nunavut Senator email list:
    dennis.patterson@sen.parl.gc.ca;

Ontario Senator Email List:
    salma.ataullahjan@sen.parl.gc.ca; lynn.beyak@sen.parl.gc.ca; anne.cools@sen.parl.gc.ca; nicole.eaton@sen.parl.gc.ca; art.eggleton@sen.parl.gc.ca; tobias.enverga@sen.parl.gc.ca; linda.frum@sen.parl.gc.ca; peter.harder@sen.parl.gc.ca; colin.kenny@sen.parl.gc.ca; Frances.Lankin@sen.parl.gc.ca; don.meredith@sen.parl.gc.ca; jim.munson@sen.parl.gc.ca; nancy.ruth@sen.parl.gc.ca; thanhhai.ngo@sen.parl.gc.ca; senator.oh@sen.parl.gc.ca; Ratna.Omidvar@sen.parl.gc.ca; bob.runciman@sen.parl.gc.ca; david.smith@sen.parl.gc.ca; senatorwhite@sen.parl.gc.ca;

Prince Edward Island Senator email list;
    percy.downe@sen.parl.gc.ca; Micheal.Duffy@sen.parl.gc.ca; elizabeth.hubley@sen.parl.gc.ca;

Manitoba Senator Email List
    Raymonde.Gagne@sen.parl.gc.ca; janis.johnson@sen.parl.gc.ca; don.plett@sen.parl.gc.ca; Murray.Sinclair@parl.sen.parl.gc.ca;

Quebec Senator Email list:
    diane.bellemare@sen.parl.gc.ca; boisvp@sen.parl.gc.ca; Patrick.Brazeau@sen.parl.gc.ca; claude.carignan@sen.parl.gc.ca; jean-guy.dagenais@sen.parl.gc.ca; dennis.dawson@sen.parl.gc.ca; line.tessier@sen.parl.gc.ca; joan.fraser@sen.parl.gc.ca; celine.hervieux-payette@sen.parl.gc.ca; Leo.Housakos@sen.parl.gc.ca; serge.joyal@sen.parl.gc.ca; ghislain.maltais@sen.parl.gc.ca; paul.massicotte@sen.parl.gc.ca; Chantal.Petitclerc@sen.parl.gc.ca; michel.rivard@sen.parl.gc.ca; judith.seidman@sen.parl.gc.ca; larry.smith@sen.parl.gc.ca; josee.verner@sen.parl.gc.ca; charlie.watt@sen.parl.gc.ca;

Saskatchewan Senator Email List:
    raynell.andreychuk@sen.parl.gc.ca; denise.batters@sen.parl.gc.ca; lillian.dyck@sen.parl.gc.ca; pana.merchant@sen.parl.gc.ca; david.tkachuk@sen.parl.gc.ca; david.tkachuk@sen.parl.gc.ca;

Yukon Senator Email List;
    daniel.lang@sen.parl.gc.ca;
    Well done, sir!
    My province's senators will get my letter too.
    Don't forget to write/email your MP, especially if she/he is a member of the Lib cabinet.

Rally, boys! Rally!
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsytrain View Post
    Sorry, letter writing doesn't cut it. Maybe in the 1950's it did, you need to be louder. Again this is playing from public ignorance by people who have a uniformed biase towards firearms. Get a TV advert, show the sports and how lawful owners store and transport firearms. Teach people it's not the legal firearms owner they need to fear, it's the guy who breaks into Cabelas in Calgary and steals 12 firearms (AR-15s and handguns) (check out the video) that the need to be afraid of. I've said it before and I'll say it again, nutters and gangs will find a way of getting firearms or weapons if they are motivated enough. Weapons from firearms to rock, sticks to knives and utensils, to their bare hands. There are enough sporting and safety videos on YouTube to put together a decent advert for Johnny public. when politicians don't know what they are talking about, it's time for the information video.
    Now this is what we need, excellent ideas like this one. In this day and age of video, I would tend to agree that letters or emails just get pushed aside and form letters sent out for answers. If a video could be made, and then used/rented/sold to our local gun clubs for use in our own markets, that would reach/educate far more people than a letter writing campaign ever could. The government, police and media use the airwaves to push their anti-gun views, WHY AREN'T WE DOING THE SAME TO SHOW OUR SIDE?? Why hasn't anyone thought of this before?? I would definitely contribute to something like this, and I'm sure thousands of others would as well. This is an excellent idea that needs to be acted upon NOW. One of our large firearms organizations needs to spearhead this ASAP. I am actually excited by this idea, of showing how it REALLY is for law abiding firearms owners, we cant let this idea dwindle and fade away!!!!
    Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest
    proud member of local 306 International Brotherhood of Jazz Dancers, Pastry Chefs and Nuclear Technicians

It wouldn't surprise me if one of her friends or family members owns a business for storage and transportation of "dangerous" goods.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonslayer64 View Post
    Now this is what we need, excellent ideas like this one. In this day and age of video, I would tend to agree that letters or emails just get pushed aside and form letters sent out for answers. If a video could be made, and then used/rented/sold to our local gun clubs for use in our own markets, that would reach/educate far more people than a letter writing campaign ever could. The government, police and media use the airwaves to push their anti-gun views, WHY AREN'T WE DOING THE SAME TO SHOW OUR SIDE?? Why hasn't anyone thought of this before?? I would definitely contribute to something like this, and I'm sure thousands of others would as well. This is an excellent idea that needs to be acted upon NOW. One of our large firearms organizations needs to spearhead this ASAP. I am actually excited by this idea, of showing how it REALLY is for law abiding firearms owners, we cant let this idea dwindle and fade away!!!!
    I imagine that the best people to achieve a real and effective multimedia presence would be the NATIONAL FIREARMS ASSOCIATION and the CANADIAN SHOOTING SPORTS ASSOCIATION.
    Every one of us should spend the $45 per association to become members.
    You also get liability insurance coverage with this.

Let me also remind you who supports the anti-fact & anti-civil-liberties "Coalition for Gun Control" in this country:
    The YWCA
    The Canadian Labour Congress
    Canadian Auto Workers
    National Union of Public and General Employees

They are all in league with The International Action Network on Small Arms (IANSA) - an international non-governmental organisation recognised by the United Nations: "IANSA's Women's Network is the only international network focused on the connections between gender, women's rights, small arms and armed violence."

Gee, I wonder why the Trudeau Liberals are taking Olympic shooters off of the CANADIAN FIREARMS ADVISORY COMMITTEE and replacing them with "representatives" from "women's groups"??
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsytrain View Post
    Happy birthday Céline Hervieux-Payette! Congratulations on turning 75 and reaching the age of manditory retirement from the senate. Please take bill 223 with you when you go.
    Happy birthday to you,
    Happy birthday to you,
    Happy birthday dear Celine
    Happy birthday to you.
    We should send her birthday cards from the firearms owner community
    This would be so awesome I'm actually going to do this just because

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by bcbravo2zero View Post

"Gee, I wonder why the Trudeau Liberals are taking Olympic shooters off of the CANADIAN FIREARMS ADVISORY COMMITTEE and replacing them with "representatives" from "women's groups"??
    The Prime Minister has answered that question..."because it's 2015".
    Member of NFA; CSSA; CCFR
    In Life - Every Decade Lived Doubles in Velocity from the Decade Lived Before - And Then One Day

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rangebob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbravo2zero View Post
    Gee, I wonder why the Trudeau Liberals are taking Olympic shooters off of the CANADIAN FIREARMS ADVISORY COMMITTEE and replacing them with "representatives" from "women's groups"??
    I think justin said via the Liberal policies, that:

Modify the membership of the Canadian Firearms Advisory Committee to include knowledgeable law enforcement officers, public health advocates, representatives from women’s groups, and members of the legal community.
    -- https://www.trudeaumetre.ca/ "Security" "Guns"

but what he's actually done, as of Dec 31 2015, is disband the Firearms Advisory Committee.

Firearms Advisory Committee

Members of the Canadian Firearms Advisory Committee, 2006
    - Professor Gary Mauser of Simon Fraser University
    - Tony Bernardo, Canadian Institute of Legislative Action <- CILA/CSSA Executive Director
    - Linda Thom, Ladies Gold Medal Pistol champion
    - Murray Grismer, police officer from Saskatoon
    - Mike Ackermann, medical doctor from Nova Scotia <- CSSA Board of Directors
    - Robert Head, former RCMP assistant commissioner
    - John Gayder, Niagara police
    - Greg Farrant, Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters
    - Linda Baggaley, a firearms expert and dealer from Alberta <- CSSA Board of Directors
    - Steve Torino, firearms expert and dealer from Quebec <- CSSA President
    - Alain Cossette, Quebec Wildlife Federation
    - Louis D’Amour, firearms expert from New Brunswick
    - Gerry Gamble, Sporting Clubs of Niagara
    ( http://www.garrybreitkreuz.com/publi...06_new/110.htm )

Members of the Canadian Firearms Advisory Committee, 2012:
    - Linda Baggaley, firearms expert and dealer from Alberta.
    - Prof. Gary Mauser, Simon Fraser University professor
    - Tony Bernardo, Canadian Institute of Legislative Action.
    - John Gayder, Niagara police.
    - Linda Thom, Olympic gold medalist in pistol shooting.
    - Louis D'amour, New Brunswick firearms expert.
    - Murray Grismer, Saskatoon police.
    - Stephen Torino, Quebec firearms expert and dealer.
    - Greg Farrant, Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters.
    - Alain Cossette, Quebec Wildlife Federation.
    - Kerry Higgins, a gunsmith from Saskatchewan
    - Gerry Gamble, Sporting Clubs of Niagara.

Former members circa 2007
    - Dr. Mike Ackermann, a Nova Scotia physician
    - Robert Head, former RCMP assistant commissioner.

New members Mar 11, 2013
    - Rick Hanson, Calgary police Chief
    - Bob Rich, Chief Const. Abbotsford, B.C.
    - Mike Sutherland, Winnipeg Police Association president

Removed members Mar 11, 2013
    - Linda Baggaley, firearms expert and dealer from Alberta.
    - Kerry Higgins, a gunsmith from Saskatchewan
    - Gerry Gamble, Sporting Clubs of Niagara.
    One eye to the past. One eye to the future. The wisest course.