Page 38 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1828303132333435363738394041424344454648 ... LastLast

Thread: The fight of our lives

This last bit of your post is quite good,

"My arms are rightfully mine, I bought them with my own money, which was taxed when I got it, taxed when I spent it, and taxed when I got my licence! I keep, use and when stored, render them safe in full accordance with the law. Let that be enough, with some real common sense, and instead expend your time and energy, government, on pursuing criminals who use illigal firearms for crime, NOT we who openly obey the law for the greater good!"

Think I'll put it in my letters!
    Last edited by HunterKillerV; 04-24-2016 at 07:54 PM.
    If your only political involvement is voting, you don't actually care. Move aside and let the people be heard.

Get involved in your community!

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpjack View Post
    There are far more of us than there are of them.

We need to stand shoulder to shoulder and tell them in no uncertain terms their unjust laws do not apply to us and we will not abide by them.

It's time to take this country back instead of being a bunch of weak whites who submit to tyranny.

We have power and there is strength in numbers.

Enough of their lies, unjust laws and taxes.
    Legal firearms owners are generally hard working productive and law abiding members of society...who aren't just white. If you break it down to "white males own guns" then you are not very different from the antis, who think the same thing.
    We win this by including women and people of all races to enjoy the shooting sports we love.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    There are far more of us than there are of them.

We need to stand shoulder to shoulder and tell them in no uncertain terms their unjust laws do not apply to us and we will not abide by them.

It's time to take this country back instead of being a bunch of weak whites who submit to tyranny.

We have power and there is strength in numbers.

Enough of their lies, unjust laws and taxes.
    Is it just me, but I've noticed a number of noobs posting stuff on various threads here that most sympathize with, but are provacative and egging others on for a confrontation??

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterKillerV View Post
    This last bit of your post is quite good,

"My arms are rightfully mine, I bought them with my own money, which was taxed when I got it, taxed when I spent it, and taxed when I got my licence! I keep, use and when stored, render them safe in full accordance with the law. Let that be enough, with some real common sense, and instead expend your time and energy, government, on pursuing criminals who use illigal firearms for crime, NOT we who openly obey the law for the greater good!"

Think I'll put it in my letters!
    well said

Quote Originally Posted by Nabs View Post
    My arms are rightfully mine, I bought them with my own money, which was taxed when I got it, taxed when I spent it, and taxed when I got my licence! I keep, use and when stored, render them safe in full accordance with the law. Let that be enough, with some real common sense, and instead expend your time and energy, government, on pursuing criminals who use illigal firearms for crime, NOT we who openly obey the law for the greater good!
    I like this.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by zupermann View Post
    Is it just me, but I've noticed a number of noobs posting stuff on various threads here that most sympathize with, but are provacative and egging others on for a confrontation??
    Noobs? Hahahah, i was shooting firearms before most of you were born.

You think our grandfathers would have stood for crap like this?

My grandpa carried a colt .45 on his hip back in the day when he homesteaded this county 100 years ago.

Said it was the best insurance policy he ever bought.

He never threatened anyone with it.

Never had a reason to defend himself with it against another human being.

Never did anyone tell him they felt threatened in his presence when he carried it.

Learning anything yet?
    Last edited by Pumpjack; 04-24-2016 at 10:04 PM.

Some people here equate post count to life experience, without even glancing at your join date. ")

Quote Originally Posted by TT1900 View Post
    Fair enough, "fight of our lives". I should have read more carefully.

The arguments about a disarmed citizenry being victim to government tyranny are no longer valid. Back in the day when everyone had access to equivalent technology and scale, one man-one musket, the argument held weight. Today, however, is different in that the citizenry can not compete with national military powers. Whether you bring an AR with 30rds or a knife to the fight, neither will do a damn thing against a LAV, Leopard, or Hornet. It's all a bit exaggerated of course, but the point stands that if the government in any first world nation want to oppress the populace they are able to do so with minimal effort.

What has history shown us about Norway, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Iceland, the U.K, France, Italy, Germany, Portugal, Australia, New Zealand, and Japan? They are all equally or more strict about firearms ownership but seem to be getting on just fine. The only thing that protects any of us is education, rule of law, and acceptance of a liberal-democratic cultural reference.

To clarify, I do NOT agree with S-223 and will do my part to fight it. However, I also respect the right of those who wish for greater gun control to work for what they believe in. May the best argument win.
    Funny, those well armed military entities didn't do so well in Afganistan, Iran or Viet Nam. Even Northern Ireland was negotiated. I wonder how many in Russia in 1917 said " I respect the right of those who wish for greater control of the means of production"?.
    "Let all the poisons that lurk in the mud hatch out." Claudius

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Noobs? Hahahah, i was shooting firearms before most of you were born.

You think our grandfathers would have stood for crap like this?

My grandpa carried a colt .45 on his hip back in the day when he homesteaded this county 100 years ago.

Said it was the best insurance policy he ever bought.

He never threatened anyone with it.

Never had a reason to defend himself with it against another human being.

Never did anyone tell him they felt threatened in his presence when he carried it.

Learning anything yet?
    Okay-- Just as long as you aren't an "agent provacateur"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer merlin1's Avatar
    never mind