Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 22323435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: The fight of our lives

Quote Originally Posted by KingBurnmouf View Post
    Thanks for the support dude, I haven't wrote a letter in a long time ahahaha.

And ah, I don't care if I get torched for voting Liberal. Unfortunately, sometimes CGN is an echo-chamber with a very low tolerance for any dissent. It's kind of a shame to be a single-issue voter, but that being said, I'll probably vote conservative next election so I don't even have to worry about nonsense like this.
    It's your right to vote however you want , you just have to deal with the outcome. I vote conservative , always have but I'm far from a single issue voter. I will admit the firearm thing is big because it's my main hobby but I also vote conservative for a lot of other reasons. Don't paint everybody a single issue voter when you don't want to be painted liberal.
    Finally voting is a right and responsibility , no one can tell you how to vote nor should they.

The conservative government is the only party that has ever worked to make the government smaller.
    This should be the biggest issue to voters today. Over leveraging the future for the benefit of today is a despicable practice. The firearm tolerance is a nice bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by sigrunes View Post
    It's your right to vote however you want , you just have to deal with the outcome. I vote conservative , always have but I'm far from a single issue voter. I will admit the firearm thing is big because it's my main hobby but I also vote conservative for a lot of other reasons. Don't paint everybody a single issue voter when you don't want to be painted liberal.
    Finally voting is a right and responsibility , no one can tell you how to vote nor should they.
    I actually don't mind being "painted as a liberal" or painted as any other political party in Canada, because I believe all parties have their own virtues and shortcomings respectively.

For example, I may drive a Ford, but enjoy or have interest for GMC, Dodge, or Toyota; however, someone wouldn't espouse a heated response from me for trying to paint me as a fanboy for any one of those brands.

Anyways, I understand what you're saying. Not all people on CGN that voted Con did it just because of firearms.

Let's just all get back on the same side here - the side against S223 - and we can leave the political affiliations out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by SpicyRichter View Post
    The conservative government is the only party that has ever worked to make the government smaller.
    This should be the biggest issue to voters today. Over leveraging the future for the benefit of today is a despicable practice. The firearm tolerance is a nice bonus.
    So very true.
    I can't believe how we are giving up our liberties in exchange for more and more government. It's regressive.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Thanks for the support dude, I haven't wrote a letter in a long time ahahaha.

And ah, I don't care if I get torched for voting Liberal. Unfortunately, sometimes CGN is an echo-chamber with a very low tolerance for any dissent. It's kind of a shame to be a single-issue voter, but that being said, I'll probably vote conservative next election so I don't even have to worry about nonsense like this.
    Given the present reality, I'm quite pleased to hear that some Liberal-voters are speaking-out against this kind of irrational, draconian nonsense.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

So is S-223 dead in the water for now?

Quote Originally Posted by gord1986 View Post
    So is S-223 dead in the water for now?
    I think there is another week to go before they toss it. Unless someone else decides to sponsor the bill
    Insert list of guns you own here:
    (Who needs a registry if everyone advertises what they own)

Scrap Bill C-68

I actually don't mind being "painted as a liberal" or painted as any other political party in Canada, because I believe all parties have their own virtues and shortcomings respectively.

For example, I may drive a Ford, but enjoy or have interest for GMC, Dodge, or Toyota; however, someone wouldn't espouse a heated response from me for trying to paint me as a fanboy for any one of those brands.

Anyways, I understand what you're saying. Not all people on CGN that voted Con did it just because of firearms.

Let's just all get back on the same side here - the side against S223 - and we can leave the political affiliations out of it.

I wouldn't be so sure, as I've said this in the past as an avid Ford enthusiast, how dare any Ford owner ever entertain the thought of driving a Cheby!

But seriously you're right not all here voted Conservative based solely on their firearms stance. I voted Conservative due to the fact they are the lesser of two evils as compared to the Liberals and their excessive spending/debt building.

and I too like bcbravo2zero am also pleased that some people who voted Liberal are speaking out here to the issues this Bill would create for many legal firearms owners...

Cheers D
    Gun Control is Being Able to Hit Your Target.

Well, I got a response from the President of my electoral districts Liberal Association today. It was short and sweet, right to the point.

Hello king burnmouf, (i omitted my name)

It is my understanding that Mr. Rota’s office has been in contact with you about his own position and that of the Party regarding this private member's bill.

I have been advised there is no Party support to move this bill forward.

I can also tell you that our Association Executive does not support this proposed bill.

Thank you for sharing your concern with me.

Well, I got a response from the President of my electoral districts Liberal Association today. It was short and sweet, right to the point.

Hello king burnmouf, (i omitted my name)

It is my understanding that Mr. Rota’s office has been in contact with you about his own position and that of the Party regarding this private member's bill.

I have been advised there is no Party support to move this bill forward.

I can also tell you that our Association Executive does not support this proposed bill.

Thank you for sharing your concern with me.

Very good news indeed!!!

Thank you for the update.
    I think that it would be great if Walmart added an upper level observation deck with a bar...