Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617182030 ... LastLast

Thread: The fight of our lives

Quote Originally Posted by bsand View Post
    You don't need to be a citizen just a legal resident.
    Yeah, but you don't get a green card on a work visa. He would need to live there legally for a length of time.

Super GunNutz
    what this dumb liberal twit fail to realize is,just because you come up with stupid laws,,doesn't mean smart gun owners will COMPLY,they didn't when the first registry was introduced,ony being able to register about 10% of the know firearms in Canada at that time,which means 90% of gun remain UN-registered and wherabouts UNKNOWN,and they still to this day,and going by the crazy world events these days and the non stop attempt at dissarming it's citizens,which is failing miserably in Canada and the US,i doubt any owners will ever turn in any of their guns,maybe a crappy 22 or 2 with a bent barrel to look legit,but that's pretty much it,people are hoarding ammo and guns and that scares the Liberal retarded brain like crazy,because it means NOBODY will EVER control the North American population,not a hope in hell.If she thinks her bill will make Canada safe from firearms crime,she obviously fails to realize criminals dont care much about laws,and guns are easy to come by by criminals,then again,there is no denying the absolute clues braindead Liberals ideas,her bill doesn;t have a hope in hell of passing,too many rural Liberals would loose their seat and that means loss of control by the libtards,and they dont want that,

Ottawa what are your views on bill S-223? Any realistic chance of this passing or is this a way for the Liberals to pass less extreme gun legislation and use this as a smokescreen?

Quote Originally Posted by Ottawa View Post
    Mr.Wolverine I had put up a warning earlier for gun stores and store owners... for you to phone or write the Minister of Public Safety ASAP as they are in discussion with their staff regarding the UN laser markings on guns. The Liberals may have signed on to this but are clueless about how and why they are doing this. Call now because you may actually have a chance to stop this. From what I gather (my close source) most of the staff think this whole UN engraving is dumb but have had no calls or education from the Gun lobby regarding the issue.
    Call now, tell them what it will cost your business and not have to buy a 150k laser engraver .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jmichelin84's Avatar
    We have to knock these bills down
    Is it wrong to love the clack clack bang, but wanna run from a click tick lol

And your strategy would be what? It's all well and good to criticize, but if you don't offer up an alternative or even elaborate as to why the aforementioned strategy would be bad then what's the point? I for one enjoy hunting with my semi-automatics not to mention the confusion created by the wording change and lets not even get into the "Approved Transporter" and changes they make to the businesses. But hey hide your head in the sand if you want.

If you look into it there is not chance in heck this bill will pass... they are pandering to the anti-gun base in the Liberal party, which is at an all time low on their "concern thermometer" and a smaller element to the Liberal party than it was a decade ago.

Not saying its great, it's fine to be proactive, but part of me is happy this is what the Liberal party is doing to satisfy the anti gun ppl in their party. Why? Bc this is a joke. It's just something to do to point to and say "See!? We are tough on guns!"

For me its just painful to watch time, effort, and money spent in areas that have absolutely nothing to do with crime prevention or "bettering" society... sigh... politics... what a big waste of money sometimes.

Someone did a good run down of why on reddit. Take it with a grain of salt as its not a great source, but most of the guys on here probably wouldnt know what a reliable source was if it bite them in the ass anyway. Regardless Im not going to panic until this bill starts having a shot.

https://www.reddit.com/r/canadaguns/...uxpayette_her/

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    The only viable strategy should be compensation to firearms owners and businesses at fair market current value. Tout the Australian model. If it is going to cost the government money maybe we have a chance. All other reasons mean nothing to gun hating politicians.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLYBYU44's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Roc View Post
    If you look into it there is not chance in heck this bill will pass... they are pandering to the anti-gun base in the Liberal party, which is at an all time low on their "concern thermometer" and a smaller element to the Liberal party than it was a decade ago.

Not saying its great, it's fine to be proactive, but part of me is happy this is what the Liberal party is doing to satisfy the anti gun ppl in their party. Why? Bc this is a joke. It's just something to do to point to and say "See!? We are tough on guns!"

For me its just painful to watch time, effort, and money spent in areas that have absolutely nothing to do with crime prevention or "bettering" society... sigh... politics... what a big waste of money sometimes.
    What were the chances that the Liberals would win by a landslide? Or that Notely would rule Alberta? Okay, now tell me again how you figure there is zero chance this law will pass.
    I like guns....

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen9o5 View Post
    Someone did a good run down of why on reddit. Take it with a grain of salt as its not a great source, but most of the guys on here probably wouldnt know what a reliable source was if it bite them in the ass anyway. Regardless Im not going to panic until this bill starts having a shot.

https://www.reddit.com/r/canadaguns/...uxpayette_her/
    Yep. There is definitely legitimate reason to be worried about the government's gun control plans in the next four years, but this bill is probably not it.
    When seconds matter, police are only minutes away!