Page 16 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6891011121314151617181920212223242636 ... LastLast

Thread: The fight of our lives

Quote Originally Posted by OneBarfly View Post
    I don't agree. It was not a pro pot vote as much as it was "we are tired of Harper" vote. Watch what happens in the next Federal election. The liberals will be lucky to get a minority.
    I don't know about that... People voted based on this INSANE idea that anything called "conservative" is evil and super right-wing like in the US. The country (especially larger cities) is obsessed with being as left-wing, PC, etc as humanly possible... I doubt that the Liberals won't be re-elected even if they completely destroy this country... As long as people blindly follow EITHER side based on ideology and image, we're all doomed.

That said... I'll be emailing my MP next.

Quote Originally Posted by TT1900 View Post
    You do live in a free country but this isn't the United States and gun ownership is not a fundamental right in Canada. What is occurring here is exactly what men & women in uniform have fought for; so that opposing views can be openly expressed and acted upon by an elected body in which every Canadian of age has a say through their vote. I say this as a 12 year member of the regular force.

Do I agree with S-223, not really. Do I think the senator who put this forward is unenlightened on the subject, sure. Do I believe gun legislation needs to be reformed and updated, absolutely. But saying things like " it's a fight for our lives", "you'll have to send in the military", and "this is a criminal act" is plain foolish and plays right into the hands of our opponents. Generally gun owners are portrayed as uneducated, reactionary, and ultra-conservative by the anti-gun lobby. Look at what has been written in this thread and you'll see why that portrayal stays in the public mind. We are our own worst enemies.

If you want to change things invite friends, neighbours, and co-workers to the range and hunting. Pay for their ammo, introduce them to the people, show them how genuinely friendly the community is. Get your ranges involved in community activities beyond shooting; Serve at a soup kitchen, have charity shoots to raise funds for the local SPCA or Hospital, and network with other clubs and recreation associations. Invite your MP, MLA, Mayor, Police Chief, and prominent community members out to show them why you love what you love. Ask them ALL to sign a petition against S-223 at the end of their visit. I suspect most will.
    Excellent post. Somehow gun enthusiasts and sport shooters are always on defensive waiting what anti gun law might next government bring in that will impact their sport. How about turning the tables around?. How about every gun club demanding more action from politicians to get illegal guns of the street? How about requesting presence in local municipality meetings and pushing our agenda forward. We are not criminals and all those caring a piece "and holding it sideways 'cause aiming is for bitches" are giving us a bad name. Charities are excellent idea. Recently a gun club from Prescott, ON, had a tackle and gun show with something amazing that I haven't seen before- open range for everybody with weapon of your choice;(pistol, revolver, rifle)for target practice and shotgun for skeet shooting. It was only 50c a shot. Any shot and no licence required as every spot had an instructor present. A friend of mine never fired a pistol and doesn't have a licence so he tried it out. Many others did and it was a fun for the whole family. Those club members showed people what this sport is all about.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by cranswick View Post
    only problem is some people tend to fly off the handle and could make us look like idiots...
    Don't mind if I do

CGN frequent flyer lupothebutcher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DzNutz View Post
    Where can you buy cosmoline? Seriously.
    You can say "they'll never take my guns" and "pass the cosmoline" but guess what? If your guns are buried and you can't ever use them, then you may as well just hand them in...
    The legal firearm owner in Canada must be very careful to follow the letter of the law in regards to the firearms act, he must, above all, be very careful NOT to try to interject REASON or COMMON SENSE into the process

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FreedomIsn'tFree's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lupothebutcher View Post
    You can say "they'll never take my guns" and "pass the cosmoline" but guess what? If your guns are buried and you can't ever use them, then you may as well just hand them in...
    Yup!
    It's better to have questions you can't answer, then answers you can't question.
    When you have no property rights, YOU ARE THE PROPERTY!
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.

Quote Originally Posted by lupothebutcher View Post
    "The day you bury your guns is actually the day you should be digging them up"-James Yeager

Here add these to your writing campaign and YES we should all be writing. If you got time to b!tch then you go time to write. That being said, as I mentioned on Nov 11 2015 I talked to Rona Ambrose and she had received some threatening calls from Gun owners yet she is on our side so use judgement !!

be to the point and WATCH what you say, you could single handedly ruin it for all gun owners if you go full looney

Lyndon Murdock
    Lyndon Murdock works as Director for Public Safety Canada.
    Lyndon can be reached at 613-991-3223
    First name
    Lyndon
    Last name
    Murdock
    Title
    Director
    Telephone Number
    613-991-3223
    Alternate Number
    Fax Number
    Email
    Street Address
    269 LAURIER AVE WEST (view on map)
    Country
    Canada
    Province
    Ontario
    City
    Ottawa
    Postal Code
    K1A 0P8
    Department
    PS-SP
    Public Safety Canada
    Organization
    FIR-DIV
    FIREARMS & OPERATIONAL POLICING POLICY DIRECTORATE

and

RALPH GOODALE

Hill Office
    House of Commons
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Canada
    K1A 0A6
    Telephone: 613-947-1153
    Fax: 613-996-9790
    Mail may be sent postage-free to any Member of Parliament.
    Constituency Office(s)
    310 University Park Drive (Main Office)
    Regina, Saskatchewan
    S4V 0Y8
    Telephone: 306-585-2202
    Fax: 306-585-2280

CGN frequent flyer lupothebutcher's Avatar
    https://www.facebook.com/celinehervieuxpayette

link to her facebook page; friend her but don't attack her; use reason (I know...reason, liberals....lost cause....whatever...) Invite her out shooting, hunting, to dinner to talk guns and stupid laws....whatever. Flood her page with comments. Ask her how she can think this a good idea when her comments are overwhelmingly against it...
    The legal firearm owner in Canada must be very careful to follow the letter of the law in regards to the firearms act, he must, above all, be very careful NOT to try to interject REASON or COMMON SENSE into the process

Ah man i thought the title had something to do with zombies......i guess liberals are pretty close tho! lol

I never heard such patent political self interest in my life. Here we have a guy who tried recently to flog an broken down 22MM cannon on this site. He makes his money selling gins and has a vested self interest in a market for guns unfettered by laws and controls. I have a better alternative. Most of us work for an employer and our income feeds our families. Most of need health care for our families. Most of us enjoy the outdoors. The CPC when in power, degraded our rights as workers, degraded our national health care, employment insurance, and other legislation that protected workers' rights, degraded environmental protections, and made it illegal to protest against multi-nationals who were destroying our environment. In short the CPC is fully in the pocket of the rich and big corporate interests. The CPC is bought and paid for by big business. That's guys like this who have a business or monetary interest in bringing these puppets back into power will focus on this narrow issue to try and sway you. Its his life and interests he's asking you to fight for not yours. Don't be fooled. Freedom means nothing if your consent is not INFORMED!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    The Fight of our Lives

This is a wakeup call to all firearms owners, I am not trying to be melodramatic but as a firearms owner I think we will be fighting for our very survival in the next few years. The normal Canadian way is to be retroactive on issues, we cannot afford that complacence and think that others will carry the torch for us, now is the right time to be proactive. We need to be active in every possible way to defend our right if we wish to maintain possession of our legally owned property.

We have a majority Liberal Government, they can ram any gun control Bill they like down our throats, research Bill S-223 if you haven’t already done so. We need to make the Liberals aware that such an act would cost them the next election. That the reclassification of all semi auto firearms (except ,22 caliber) to restricted or prohibited is not enforceable. That there would be massive non compliance. That the native communities would bitterly oppose this and that the only way to enforce it in those communities would be to send in the military as the RCMP do not have the resources, I just can’t see that going down to well.

Very shortly the CPC will be voting on new policies. It is absolutely essential that the CPC four point firearms proposal is voted in as CPC policy. Then if we can delay the liberals’ enacting new gun control laws until the next election and change the Government to CPC we will have made some meaningful progress. If we can’t halt the Liberals then we have to practice massive non compliance and work with the CPC.

What can you do today? It is very easy, do as I have done, join your local CPC Riding Association, become a director on that association and if at all possible become a voting delegate at the CPC Policy Convention 27 May Vancouver. See you there. 