Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1929313233343536373839404142434445464749 ... LastLast

Thread: The fight of our lives

This is real talk... And you my friend are absolutely right... You aren't being a provocator, like some people state... This is the type of attitude we need and we as law abiding gun owners need to stand up to this lunancy and outright disrespect we are being subjected to time and time again as law abiding people

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpjack View Post
    There are far more of us than there are of them.

We need to stand shoulder to shoulder and tell them in no uncertain terms their unjust laws do not apply to us and we will not abide by them.

It's time to take this country back instead of being a bunch of weak whites who submit to tyranny.

We have power and there is strength in numbers.

Enough of their lies, unjust laws and taxes.
    GOD, GUNS & GOLD - Three Gs I seek

FACTS:

1. Senate bills rarely succeed. Private Member's Bills rarely succeed.
    2. The Senator's earlier version, Bill S-231 had little or no support from the Liberal party and died on August 2015. READ this out loud a few times.
    3. This is clearly a last ditch attempt by Hervieux-Payette (Whose previous Bill failed - read above) (who is now gone).

Personally (and this is not fact) I feel the Liberals could care less about this Bill compared to their current initiatives. However, now that Wolverine
    Supply essentially got all the tinfoil hatters fired-up, the Liberals may look twice - not to mention all the ridiculous comments about
    non-compliance, moving to the USA and tough-guy talk is going to do nothing but make us look like the fanatic's they think we are. And no, I
    did not vote Liberal.

So u mean we should just shut up and not make our voices heard in fear that the liberals may notice our disgust for bills like s223 and in response make it even worse for us.. Law abiding gun owners? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by gregb View Post

FACTS:

1. Senate bills rarely succeed. Private Member's Bills rarely succeed.
    2. The Senator's earlier version, Bill S-231 had little or no support from the Liberal party and died on August 2015. READ this out loud a few times.
    3. This is clearly a last ditch attempt by Hervieux-Payette (Whose previous Bill failed - read above) (who is now gone).

Personally (and this is not fact) I feel the Liberals could care less about this Bill compared to their current initiatives. However, now that Wolverine
    Supply essentially got all the tinfoil hatters fired-up, the Liberals may look twice - not to mention all the ridiculous comments about
    non-compliance, moving to the USA and tough-guy talk is going to do nothing but make us look like the fanatic's they think we are. And no, I
    did not vote Liberal.
    GOD, GUNS & GOLD - Three Gs I seek

BANNED
    So is she gone? Is this dead? Can I take down my foil?

Quote Originally Posted by play.soccer View Post
    So is she gone? Is this dead? Can I take down my foil?
    She reached the mandatory retirement age of 75 on Friday, and as such, is no longer a member of the Senate of Canada.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%C3%A...rvieux-Payette

If I may add my two cents... the Senate of Canada is probably one of the least respected, least legitimate organs of government in the entire Western world. In the wake of the financial scandals of recent years.. culminating in the full acquittal of Mike Duffy on 31 charges... it is clear to everyone in the world now that the Senate of Canada is an absolute joke, a true "law free zone".

Prime Minister Trudeau, when in opposition, banned all the Liberal Senators from Liberal caucus meetings on the Hill! In Parliamentary terms, that is the same as saying "you are toxic garbage. We won't even be seen to meet with you". Of course Trudeau now realizes that the constitution requires the Senate to vote on bills before they can receive Royal assent and become law, but... take ideas for legislation starting with senators and turning them into law through the backing of the PMO? Don't count on it. The system doesn't work that way, has never worked that way, and sure as hell isn't going to work that way now... at the low point in the history of the Senate of Canada. All anyone is doing, or is going to do, with the Senate now, is biding their time and waiting for a constitutional opening to abolish it (which may never come). But... allowing senators to govern Canadians through legislation? Not a chance.
    Last edited by ghostie; 04-25-2016 at 07:07 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    I'd rather be timfoily than quislingly.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    I'd rather be timfoily than quislingly.
    Yep and anybody who thinks we should just ignore any of the Bills (even the smallest and far fetched) should get there head out of the sand.
    "If you wanted me to fix it right it would have cost you more"

Quote Originally Posted by like45's View Post
    Yep and anybody who thinks we should just ignore any of the Bills (even the smallest and far fetched) should get there head out of the sand.
    Were there people doing this in this thread? I don't know. I have better things to do than read 39 pages of people running around with their hair on fire screaming "No! No!"

In my post, I was just saying... you need to know your enemy. If there are going to be significant amendments (or really any amendments) to the Criminal Code or the Firearm Act, it won't start in the Senate. Period. Full Stop.

No government will ever allow any senator, much less a former senator, to take "point" on these kinds of issues.

I'm right there with you guys. After the hand-wringing, the freak-outs, the letters to MPs and the breathless calls to the firearms advocacy groups - I'm the guy whose phone rings (well... for B.C. anyway.... me and a couple of other lawyers in Ontario, and a couple more in Alberta). I never got any phonecalls on this. In B.C. lately we'e been dealing with lots of older people with prohib licences. That is the current trend.

This bill was never going anywhere guys. Save your energy for when it is real. When it is real... you will not have to ask whether it is real or not. Justin Trudeau, Jody Wilson-Raybould, Ralph Goodale, Bob Paulson and the rest will have a press conference that will be covered in all the media. It will not start in the Senate.

I've spoken to John Hipwell several times over the years. Great guy. I think he just wants people to get ready for a battle within the first 4 years of the Trudeau mandate. This is what I want too. If John made any kind of "mistake", it was in... sort of conflating the discussion of S-231 and the discussion of the overall/real battle to keep firearms.... into one big messy discussion.

I'm not blaming Jon for anything though. More involvement is good, even it some of it turns out to be a bit on the hysterical side. "Involvement" on the Internet is largely pointless. John is 100% right: You have to actually go and get involved in the Conservative Party and help them win majority governments. There is no other way. That's all there is folks, and the last 30 years show that to be the case beyond all doubt. Saying things on the Internet; Taking cases in front of judges (which is my profession); It is all pointless at the end of the day. The "fight of our lives" (to keep private ownership of firearms in Canada" can only be won at the ballot box, and even then only 4 years at a time.
    Last edited by ghostie; 04-26-2016 at 12:29 AM.

Thank you ghostie for bring things back on track. If everyone cares to read my first post they will see i was urging support for the CPC upcoming policy convention whilst bringing everyone's attention to the danger of been complacent about possible Liberal action.

I didn't expect the massive hysterical outburst against the Liberals, often insulting, which does non of us any good and virtually no mention of supporting the CPC firearms policy.

I guess most of us have a lot to learn!

The suggestions for recruiting new members into the shooting sports, hosting events with donations to charities and gaining good publicity are all excellent.

I still believe we all need to be political active in supporting and preparing the CPC to win the next election.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post

The suggestions for recruiting new members into the shooting sports, hosting events with donations to charities and gaining good publicity are all excellent.
    This is excellent. I might add: Take a Liberal (or anyone for that matter) to the range. Provide them free ammo & Lunch. Myself and a friend from work are
    organizing anyone with interest from our office to come with us this summer for a day shoot. Get as many people involved as possible.