Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2131333435363738394041424344454647484951 ... LastLast

Thread: The fight of our lives

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Maybe save your 'scary' commentary for those who dream up these bills. That should be obvious. We're forced to deal with relentless attacks. We don't need sniping from the ranks.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostie View Post
    Were there people doing this in this thread? I don't know. I have better things to do than read 39 pages of people running around with their hair on fire screaming "No! No!"

You have to actually go and get involved in the Conservative Party and help them win majority governments. There is no other way. That's all there is folks, and the last 30 years show that to be the case beyond all doubt. Saying things on the Internet; Taking cases in front of judges (which is my profession); It is all pointless at the end of the day. The "fight of our lives" (to keep private ownership of firearms in Canada" can only be won at the ballot box, and even then only 4 years at a time.
    So, yes counsel, people are doing this, ie/ encouraging sitting on the sidelines humming "don't worry, be happy".
    I understand that you did not read the previous 39 pages, but let me reassure you: I am not "running around with [my] hair on fire".
    I am well aware of how bills become laws in Canada. I knew that this was a Senate bill introduced by a senator with an imminent expiry date, and that the chances of it becoming law were/are essentially nil.
    Nevertheless, I support letter writing and otherwise being vocal in response to such measures. I believe that the Liberal cabinet is watching from the sidelines. I believe that they will take note of the response. As I have posted before, the opposition to the LGR was a grassroots movement that played a significant role in the downfall of the Liberal government. That wound has healed, but we need to remind them that they have a scar from the last fight they picked with the law-abiding firearms community.

Yes, by all means, support the Conservative Party. I am supporting it, and joining the voices clamoring for a moderate right-of-center party that will have a broader appeal...and a chance of actually getting elected.
    I would also encourage people to join the NFA and CSSA.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by garmack View Post
    Bulk of the people who will support your cause cant afford your over priced sporting arms they aspire to own. Lower the prices let them (your customers) fight for what they can feel, own, use not whats on your website.
    What a bizarre comment. First off, speak for yourself, not the "bulk of us". Second, don't use a completely unrelated piece of legislation to take cheap shots at Wolverine about their prices. What did you think would happen? That you would somehow goad or shame them in to giving away massive discounts? Also, looking at your feedback on EE, perhaps you should clean up your own business practices before criticizing others. Lastly, consider proof reading your comments before posting, so they at least make some sort of sense.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

With so much negative feedback why is he even allowed to use the EE?

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Lieutenant View Post
    What a bizarre comment. First off, speak for yourself, not the "bulk of us". Second, don't use a completely unrelated piece of legislation to take cheap shots at Wolverine about their prices. What did you think would happen? That you would somehow goad or shame them in to giving away massive discounts? Also, looking at your feedback on EE, perhaps you should clean up your own business practices before criticizing others. Lastly, consider proof reading your comments before posting, so they at least make some sort of sense.

Be sure to get people talking too, not just when these bills come up. Every chance you get to educate someone and share your passion for shooting and collecting firearms responsibly, can go a long way to helping our cause here folks. DEFINITELY talk about the specific bills when you can, but even just invite people out to the range with you if they're on the fence about how they feel regarding firearms law. My wife is a teacher and I have had the chance to speak to quite a few "NPD'ers" regarding gun control and its absurdity levels in Canada. More often than not its an exercise in futility but, It cannot hurt! More than once someone has opened their eyes and actually started reading and forming their own opinion rather than just toting a party/friend/family line regarding thoughts on firearms, personal safety, and the laws that govern them. Get people talking, cant say it enough. That said please remember to try to show some tact while doing so. Cheers, and keep fighting the good fight boys!

-Goune

Thank you for the links

I just wrote a letter, looks a little something like this (also enclosed a pdf of the full version of this article http://jiv.sagepub.com/content/27/12/2303.abstract which I was able to get through my university's online library.
    -----------------------------------
    Greetings,

I am writing this email in regards to Bill S-223, and am curious as to what your stance is on this topic.

The bill can be found at https://openparliament.ca/bills/42-1/S-223/

Unfortunately, this bill would effectively restrict all firearms which are not deemed as "hunting firearms." The problem is the bill defines hunting firearms as smooth-bore shotguns or .22 caliper rifles, neither of which are popular for the majority of hunting which takes place in our electoral district. Most hunting-based tourism in Canada is not for partridge/birds (the only animal suitable for a .22 caliper firearm), meaning that it would essentially shut the door on the entire industry.

In short, the bill would obliterate hunting in Canada, a past-time which is integral to the history of our country going back to the Hudson's Bay Company.

Enclosed is a peer-reviewed academic article concerning the effects of firearms legislation on homicides in Canada. If you do not have the time to read it, I beg of you that you at least read the abstract in order to have the chance to take into consideration a scientific approach to the issue which is based on empirical evidence.

As of December 2014, just short of 2 Million Canadians have firearms licenses. Many of these citizens own one or more of these firearms which would fall into the newly created "circumscribed" classification. In short, at a low estimate, this means there is probably 5-10 million firearms in Canada at the moment which would be seized from their owners as a result of this bill.

From my understanding this is a "private member's bill," meaning the Liberal Party of Canada does not explicitly support it. The Senator which tabled the bill, Celine Hervieux-Payette, has recently retired, leaving 15 days for the bill to find a sponsor.

My question is: Does the Liberal Party plan on supporting this bill, and is there any plans for another Senator with Liberal ties to sponsor the bill? I recently voted Liberal in the last federal election, and am terrified that the Liberal Party would potentially support the seizure of millions of firearms from the most law-abiding citizens in our country.

I appreciate your time and look forward to your response,
    Thanks,

good letter, you're going to get torched for voting Liberal and you spelled caliber wrong...cheers
    The possession of arms is the distinction of a free man from a slave.

Quote Originally Posted by parkervh View Post
    good letter, you're going to get torched for voting Liberal and you spelled caliber wrong...cheers
    Thanks for the support dude, I haven't wrote a letter in a long time ahahaha.

And ah, I don't care if I get torched for voting Liberal. Unfortunately, sometimes CGN is an echo-chamber with a very low tolerance for any dissent. It's kind of a shame to be a single-issue voter, but that being said, I'll probably vote conservative next election so I don't even have to worry about nonsense like this.

Email sent