Thread: adjust trigger? missfires Patriot light

CGN Ultra frequent flyer eaglesnester's Avatar

adjust trigger? missfires Patriot light

Have a Cadex Patriot Light in 338 Lapua. Was on the range the other day and I had two misfires on two different rounds. When I ejected the two rounds I noticed that the firing pin strikes were light. Took the rifle and rounds home and dissembled the two rounds. Chambered the empty brass with firing pin intact and pulled the trigger. Both primers detonated on second strike. Two questions, do I need to adjust trigger and if so how?

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnester View Post
    Have a Cadex Patriot Light in 338 Lapua. Was on the range the other day and I had two misfires on two different rounds. When I ejected the two rounds I noticed that the firing pin strikes were light. Took the rifle and rounds home and dissembled the two rounds. Chambered the empty brass with firing pin intact and pulled the trigger. Both primers detonated on second strike. Two questions, do I need to adjust trigger and if so how?
    Good day Sir

Please either send me your coordinates on PM or contact me directly at 514-821-7983 so that we could understand better what is wrong.

For sure this has nothing to do with the trigger adjustment. Many factors could cause this problem from a dirt in the bolt, to thickness or deepness of the primer, etc. so I have couple things that we must trouble shoot together to understand what is wrong with the rifle or ammo.

Looking forward to your call.
    Cadex Customer Service Representative(s)
    1-888-348-6774
    customerservice@cadexinc.com
    https://www.cadexdefence.com/

For any emergency please contact:
    Patrice Picard
    Sales Director

514-821-7983
    patrice@cadexinc.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer eaglesnester's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadex Defence View Post
    Good day Sir

Please either send me your coordinates on PM or contact me directly at 514-821-7983 so that we could understand better what is wrong.

For sure this has nothing to do with the trigger adjustment. Many factors could cause this problem from a dirt in the bolt, to thickness or deepness of the primer, etc. so I have couple things that we must trouble shoot together to understand what is wrong with the rifle or ammo.

Looking forward to your call.
    Hi Patrice. Thanks for you concern. I disabled the bolt and lightly greased the internals, and the locking lugs. Went back to the range and shot 25 or so more rounds and no more trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnester View Post
    Hi Patrice. Thanks for you concern. I disabled the bolt and lightly greased the internals, and the locking lugs. Went back to the range and shot 25 or so more rounds and no more trouble.
    I'm glad to hear that. If you ever experience this again please contact me on my cell phone at 514-821-7983 so that we could do the troubleshooting live on the phone. If the failure is from the firing pin assembly I will mail you another one right away and will require yours to be sent back to us for further investigation.

When you have a minute post some pictures of your rifle on the range

Best regards
    Cadex Customer Service Representative(s)
    1-888-348-6774
    customerservice@cadexinc.com
    https://www.cadexdefence.com/

For any emergency please contact:
    Patrice Picard
    Sales Director

514-821-7983
    patrice@cadexinc.com

CGN frequent flyer
    Grease is a great dirt and dust collector, cold weather increases chance of misfire, first few bolt closings scrape grease off lugs and then you have dirty chamber entrance. Look for the problem not a short term fix.