Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: B&T tp380??

Question B&T tp380??

Ever since I saw this thread I've been enamoured with this compact little subgun. I've contacted wolverine to ask if they will import it and I was told it was something they would look into if enough people showed interest. For this reason I created this thread to gauge member interest and hopefully prod Wolverine into bring this nifty little subgun to our shores. Specs can be found on the B&T Website and a brief write up can be found here (as per the article B&T is considering plans to import the TP380 to the US). Since it is more than likely going to be imported in a pistol format hopefully this means that we Canadians can avoid the 5 round magazine restriction that makes guns like the TP9 and VZ61 less fun . Anyway here are some photos from the linked article and a quick video overview of the TP380 (original video and article can be found here).

UPDATE (21/04/2016) Wolverine has started the FRT process for the TP380. Depending on whether the RCMP wants to examine a sample this process could take a while. Also we have no idea on what the magazine limit will be until we have an FRT (fingers crossed). Expected retail price on these (as of this date) is $1410 plus taxes and shipping.

I also sent B&T an email yesterday about a 9mm version and here is the response I got from them.

Dear Sir
    The 9x19 version of the TP380 is the proven TP9 – you can get it thru our Canadian agent Wolverine.
    BR Karl
    I think that has made B&Ts stance pretty clear, want a 9mm TP380 buy our TP9. No word on a 7.62x25 version I will update as soon as we get more info.

I also added a comparison picture between the TP9 and TP380 to the first post (thanks for the reminder gwhysow)

Thank you to Ryan from Wolverine for helping me figure out me where to post this thread. Big thanks as well to Grumpy Wolverine for answering our questions and keeping us updated
    Last edited by thaeffman; 04-21-2016 at 01:07 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    I too would be interested but with 9mm ammo being cheaper then 380 I'm more partial to my TP9
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

How much? Interested. :D

CGN Regular
    I'm with b files even though I've got loads of 380.

Quote Originally Posted by CJacob View Post
    How much? Interested. :D

Not sure, I emailed B&T about pricing but from what I know about their products are not cheap. IIRC when I last checked the TP9 was being sold by wolverine for around 2500 (including an Aimpoint micro T1). The TP9 is also a more complicated gun (rotating barrel design and Intricate machining) while the TP380 is a simple blowback so I'm ball parking it coming in at couple hundred dollars cheaper than the TP9. It's just a big guess until I get some confirmation back from B&T (if they reply back with a price at all).

Agreed on the 9mm sentiments, I would love for this to be a 9mm but looking at the intended market (countries who ban military cartridges in civillian firearms) I'm not holding my breath for that to happen. There is apparently a 9x18 version in the works for the european market though and who knows maybe if we pester B&T enough they might consider a 9X19 version.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rajczak_kashka's Avatar
    I would take one on either .380 or 9mm. Have had a few TP9's over the years....yeah...very well made and fun to shoot!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer gwhysow's Avatar
    Love the size. As long as we can get a 10 rounder as a pistol release, then I'd be interested.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thaeffman View Post
    Not sure, I emailed B&T about pricing but from what I know about their products are not cheap. IIRC when I last checked the TP9 was being sold by wolverine for around 2500 (including an Aimpoint micro T1). The TP9 is also a more complicated gun (rotating barrel design and Intricate machining) while the TP380 is a simple blowback so I'm ball parking it coming in at couple hundred dollars cheaper than the TP9. It's just a big guess until I get some confirmation back from B&T (if they reply back with a price at all).
    B&T will not send you pricing. We are the official importer for Canada and we can certainly bring one if for you. I know one of the guys here is trying to track down a price for you right now. Remember the $2500 for the TP9 was when we bought them at an at par dollar. The euro exchange right now is 50%. I'll post a price as soon as we hear back from B&T.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    OKay. Here is a little update..

First, there is no FRT for these firearms as of yet. This is something we have started the process on, but depending on whether the RCMP need to examine one of these it might take awhile before they are available to the public.

Now the fun part...price....this completely surprised me, as in all honesty I had expected the price to be higher.

Retail on these is going to be $1410.00 plus tax and shipping. We have to get the FRT thing straightened out before we can order any in for sale.

We will keep you all posted!!!!
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast