Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213

Thread: Pre-Orders for the Tikka Arctic .308 Win! Get yours now!

CGN Regular Animatronic Fireman's Avatar
    I own the Steyr ranger rifle - would like to get the Tikka and CZ one day.

Looks like an expensive CTR to me

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canada tail's Avatar
    I am planning to get a 557 with synthetic stock
    Last edited by Canada tail; 01-05-2017 at 11:24 PM.

CGN Regular
    I own and have owned a few Tikkas. My hunting rig is a t3 stainless synthetic that I could use as a canoe paddle if need be. That being said, I'm shooting 1 1/2" groups at 100m, and about 3" @200m, but this is with norinco El cheapo bullets. This rifle is not lightweight by any means, but I like the egos. I fit a Butler Creek slip on recoil pad and that helped the fairly manageable recoil. I love the dedicated bipod swivel. No guarantee of moa, but it did come with a 3 shot test target from the factory for testing purposes. I * think* this was at 75 meters. The iron sight groupings are consistent, but I need to adjust for elevation, I need to look more closely at how to do this, as there is no mention of it in the manual. Wolverine had a 10% off sale last November, so that was the straw that broke me. The Czz bolt is not initially as smooth as a Tikka. I rubbed paraffin on mine cycled it numerous times and polished it up. Now the bolt, after 50 rounds, seems to be seating nicely, although it doesn't LOVE Norco 7.62, but who does? The stock is a little softer, it might be beech wood. I do love the integrated magazine release in the metal trigger guard. Come to think of it, it is about as antithema as you can get from the mostly polymer and plastic Tikka. I still like me both. The iron sights really swayed me, though, as I love the versatility of it.
    Last edited by woofer2609; 01-06-2017 at 01:40 PM.

Wow, those groups really open up in that extra metre....

CGN Regular
    Dang fat thumbs typing on a cell phone!

Darn it! I'm afraid I'm going to have to buy both a tikka synthetic stainless and a CZ wood and blued!

Quote Originally Posted by woofer2609 View Post
    I own and have owned a few Tikkas. My hunting rig is a t3 stainless synthetic that I could use as a canoe paddle if need be. That being said, I'm shooting 1 1/2" groups at 100m, and about 3" @200m, but this is with norinco El cheapo bullets. This rifle is not lightweight by any means, but I like the egos. I fit a Butler Creek slip on recoil pad and that helped the fairly manageable recoil. I love the dedicated bipod swivel. No guarantee of moa, but it did come with a 3 shot test target from the factory for testing purposes. I * think* this was at 75 meters. The iron sight groupings are consistent, but I need to adjust for elevation, I need to look more closely at how to do this, as there is no mention of it in the manual. Wolverine had a 10% off sale last November, so that was the straw that broke me. The Czz bolt is not initially as smooth as a Tikka. I rubbed paraffin on mine cycled it numerous times and polished it up. Now the bolt, after 50 rounds, seems to be seating nicely, although it doesn't LOVE Norco 7.62, but who does? The stock is a little softer, it might be beech wood. I do love the integrated magazine release in the metal trigger guard. Come to think of it, it is about as antithema as you can get from the mostly polymer and plastic Tikka. I still like me both. The iron sights really swayed me, though, as I love the versatility of it.
    Memberships: CSSA & OFAH

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician."

"Best Government I know of is the .45-70 Government!"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    The receiver and barrel sure looks like my SS CTR (but in 260Rem). Will do 5 shot 1/2" groups at 100m when I do my part.
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiakattack View Post
    ...The receiver and barrel have to be different for sure than CTR. Well the stainless barrel would also be more $$ than CTR's as well. If anyone has more info on difference that would be great.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    My TRG does 1/2" at 100m with handloads, jumps to 1.5" with NORCs. Great for picking off clays at 200m. I paid 40c a rnd, can't beat that, my reloads are twice that.
    Expect the Arctic to be 1/2 MOA.
    Quote Originally Posted by woofer2609 View Post
    I own and have owned a few Tikkas. My hunting rig is a t3 stainless synthetic that I could use as a canoe paddle if need be. That being said, I'm shooting 1 1/2" groups at 100m, and about 3" @200m, but this is with norinco El cheapo bullets...
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213