Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: RAMBO is HERE !

CGN Ultra frequent flyer savagefan's Avatar
    I'm very interested in one of these bikes. How are the customers liking them? Any sale prices coming up?

hahha i thought you were gonna post "The Gun of Rambo"

wonder how they can handle the foothills of Alberta? Can they climb trails up moderate hills?

I have a Cogburn gun rack on my fatty. I cycle in about 2.5k to my spots. I am convinced the game ignore the bike noise vs my stumbling footsteps. An electric bike like your Rambo would be the dog's bollocks! (ie. a good thing)

http://cogburnoutdoors.com/gear

^Agreed, I have a similar rack made by a small outfit in Montana. Been bike hunting for years, want an ebike for my 60th birthday treat. This is a 2 year old thread I kicked back to life to see how the dealer and his customers made out with these.
    Former Ford Fan

Here's a fellow who hunts off his bike:

https://www.bicycling.com/culture/pe...-poodle-really

It can be done. It's quiet, and allows you access to places that would be a PITA to walk to. Doesn't burn gas and is easy to fix on the spot if it breaks. Not seeing a downside here.
    Grammar is like personal hygiene - you can ignore it if you like, but don't be surprised when people make assumptions about you.

CGN Regular
    With that price, it should go on the prohibited list. lol

Compared to what's out there, it is great value for a hunter.
    Former Ford Fan

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cody c's Avatar
    I bought a cheap department store fat tire bike in November to commute downtown in Calgary during the winter months, I average about 100-125 kilometres a week on it Since January (about 12km each way 4 or 5 days a week).

It's been pretty good as a form of excercise/cardio, with kids it's difficult to find time. As far as buying a cheap department store bike I've had to replace the rear sprocket (7 speed cassette) the bearing in the bottom bracket (pedal assembly bearings, set too loose from factory and fell apart) and broke the cheap chain (replaced the cheap thing with something more ideal for salty winter puddles) I've spent about another $110 on it, but even so it's still cheap. But 3 break downs in less than 3 months is what I got for buying a cheap bike

After a few months of riding it I can definitely see it being a useful hunting tool, with a light trailer it could give great access to areas where we aren't allowed to use quads. An electric option would make it a bit more realistic to get game out, but I wouldn't want to haul anything up a hill, and probably just deer or pronghorn.

Folks talking about $500 E-bikes on this thread have no clue, they're thinking of cheap department store fatties.

Would like to see some trailer options for Rambo as well.

For those who haven't ridden one, they have a lot more rolling resistance than a normal bike, they're slow. But in three inches of snow with ice under the folks on standard bikes are walking beside their bikes some days where I'm still biking, just not quickly.
    Last edited by cody c; 04-01-2018 at 03:05 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoBrook Firearms View Post
    For the guys that think this is expensive, go to a bike shop and price out a decent bike with good components, I have been looking at the bike market for quite some time and it did take me a bit to realize that there are people lined up to pay 3-5 grand for bikes no problem. I sell another line of fat tire bikes that aren't motorized and they start at 1200 and go up from there, they weight in at 32 lbs, where as the cheaper brands found at marts are 50-60 pounds.

The motorized Rambo weights about 58 lbs, lots to do with the motor and battery. some one asks how hard it is to pedal with out the battery assist , it is noticeably harder, but okay, the other fat tire bike I sell Framed is actually not much different than a regular mountain bike to pedal, put there are other factors.

These bike s come mostly assembled, the ones I have seen together didn't need much, you can always take it to a bike guy and have them go over it.

Travis
    I remember my dad paying over $3k for a Norco full suspension bike almost 20 years ago. Some people clearly don't know what a good bike is worth...
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast