Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IDF Tavor training course DVD?

Quote Originally Posted by jparent View Post
    Especially since they can't seem to get the courses any farther East than Hamilton On.
    Why? illegal in east?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coho View Post
    I think it would be great to start with a video as a precursor to the course, what gear options are advised, how to sling/equip your tabor, pre-course practice, etc.
    I think things like sling, gear, and other recommended equipment could be covered through some literature and photos, but as far as an instructional dvd to practice on before the course, I think that it may actually be counter productive because you may end up building muscle memory with incorrect posture that could be hard to correct later on.

I think a recap/refresher dvd could be made available to those who have attended and already know their week spots due to Lovie's training and posture correction.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyno857 View Post
    Zahal,

I am wondering if you have ever considered/have any interest in putting together a produced video of the current IDF Tavor training course for people that are unable to attend the actual training courses. I would love to attend one of the courses but being from the east coast I doubt that I will see a course out this far but a training video that covers all of the points of the course would be great for people who can't attend a scheduled Tavor course. Either way, I think a video of the course would be a good precursor to anyone wanting to attend a future course as well as a refresher to anyone who has already attended. My Tavor is my favorite rifle and I would love to learn how to use it properly.

I know that I would pay for a training video like this and I'm sure their are other people here that would too. Zahal products are some of the best out their and I have no doubt in my mind that if the Zahal team got together they could produce a world class training video.
    I too would buy such a DVD. I am also on the east coast and know Zahal will never come out here, so this is the only cost effective option we have. We realize that it cannot provide as good a quality training as the courses but were on the east forgotten coast.

Moe

Quote Originally Posted by TV-PressPass View Post
    If only they knew someone who had a decent camera and mic and video production background

This would be really fun to do, but there is a real difference between watching instruction happen and being instructed. Part of the value of face to face training is that your instructor can see your stance, watch your results, and make adjustments.

Some people are visual learners, and can pickup all kinds of things just by watching someone else. But most people (myself included) benefit from a hands on approach.
    Yeah some of us need to be reminded often about positioning.........

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TV-PressPass's Avatar
    I think we'll just make a dance mix of Lovie screaming and ship it with a jazzercise guide.

"AMIDA!"
    "KRIA!"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TV-PressPass View Post
    I think we'll just make a dance mix of Lovie screaming and ship it with a jazzercise guide.

"AMIDA!"
    "KRIA!"
    Lol
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

I'm in.

Shut up and take my money!
    --------------------------------------------
    To err is human, but to Arrrrrr Is Pirate

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12