Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IDF Tavor training course DVD?

IDF Tavor training course DVD?

Zahal,

I am wondering if you have ever considered/have any interest in putting together a produced video of the current IDF Tavor training course for people that are unable to attend the actual training courses. I would love to attend one of the courses but being from the east coast I doubt that I will see a course out this far but a training video that covers all of the points of the course would be great for people who can't attend a scheduled Tavor course. Either way, I think a video of the course would be a good precursor to anyone wanting to attend a future course as well as a refresher to anyone who has already attended. My Tavor is my favorite rifle and I would love to learn how to use it properly.

I know that I would pay for a training video like this and I'm sure their are other people here that would too. Zahal products are some of the best out their and I have no doubt in my mind that if the Zahal team got together they could produce a world class training video.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TV-PressPass's Avatar
    If only they knew someone who had a decent camera and mic and video production background

This would be really fun to do, but there is a real difference between watching instruction happen and being instructed. Part of the value of face to face training is that your instructor can see your stance, watch your results, and make adjustments.

Some people are visual learners, and can pickup all kinds of things just by watching someone else. But most people (myself included) benefit from a hands on approach.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sulisa's Avatar
    This would make the course more accessible to, and generate revenue from, those who live too far away from where the courses are held. Something like the MagPul Art of, but with less theatrics

I understand that there is no substitute for 1 on 1 training and I'm not suggesting replacing the course by any means. I would take the course if I could, but like sulisa said it would make it more accessible to the people that wouldn't be able to attend and still allowing to grasp the basic principles/fundentals that the course offers. I'm just saying as a Tavor owner I would pay for something like that.

I'm positive people would pay, but I agree it's not a replacement for the actually course. I would likely buy a copy after the course of at the course. It could serve as a refresher on technique etc.

Great idea Rhyno857

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jparent's Avatar
    Especially since they can't seem to get the courses any farther East than Hamilton On.
    Looking down the barrel, of 1984...
    Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Foxtrot Oscar.
    It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

It's a huge endeavour to make a half-decent training DVD. Realistically you need a camera crew and not just one person filming everything. The logistics of cameras and microphones needed make it fairly difficult to film a course. Now that Zahal has started running this Canadian course all over Canada it's something they can start to consider in the future.

Also, lets not forget that there are some people taking these courses that would not sign a photo release. That would throw a wrench in the mix and/or add some time to post production.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    I don't think anyone signed a photo release from the 1st course...
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

I'm not saying they should just film a course or saying that it would be a simple endeavor by any means. I'm just asking if they have thought about putting something like that together. I'm not suggesting they make a Micheal Bay movie but just a instructional video covering subjects covered in the course such as IDF history, proper stance, weapon manipulation, PT, drills, etc. Even just a digital download for a few bucks. I think it would be a good precursor/refresher to people who have already taken the course or those who have not taken the course and want some preparation. If the course comes to the east coast I would be syked, but we don't have the facilities out here like they do in western Canada to host something like that. I just thought it would be a good idea to reach more people.

I think it would be great to start with a video as a precursor to the course, what gear options are advised, how to sling/equip your tabor, pre-course practice, etc.
    Member: CCFR, NRA, CSSA, NFA
    Yes, I am a Leatherworker ---- FIVE Leather ----

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast