Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: north sylvia

Quote Originally Posted by kavemanx39 View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]
    My favorite quote!
    "You went full retard, man... Never go full retard."

Uber Super GunNutz Journeyman.ca's Avatar
    On occasion, when an individual is expecting a fight, and they are presented with a solution right away...they are unsatisfied that all of the clever arguments and counter quips they have prepared for said battle have no outlet. It's refreshing to see a balanced response with professional documentation, presented in a clear format. And it is good to know that we have this forum in which Retailers and Consumers can state their cases, both sides, and eventually the truth can be teased from the...emotion. Thank you Moderators and keep up the good work.
    I support CGN, CSSA (Life), CCFR (Life), Canadian Retailers and Manufacturers. Advocate for your rights in Ottawa and stand against emotional legislation.

OP- just gr them to send you the bolt and screw the warranty since it ain't working anyway.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer guess_kto's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StrelokRussia View Post
    I have a VZ58 in 7.62 and I love the rifle. It's a great shooter and has replaced my tricked out SKS that I built for tac rifle competitions, but never got to use it in one.
    A few months ago I was shooting at my range and my gun jammed. When I cleaned it at home I noticed that a piece of the bolt broke off, the one that strips the ammo from the mag.

No problem. Sometimes this happens. That's why there is warranty. I then had the misfortune of dealing with north sylvia and asked them to send me a replacement bolt but was told that my warranty will be void if I replace the bolt myself, even if they send me one, how lovely. So I would have to send the gun in to them. Of course I am not going to pay shipping on a warrantied item, so I had to wrestle them for weeks to cover shipping, and that's when it got really bad.

I got a fake account number form George for their Purolator shipping, so I checked it out first. If I shipped it without checking it would have been confiscated and handed over to the police. And better yet, when I asked about it he (George) confirmed that this would be the case and that they in fact do not use Purolator for shipping. What the hell? Then I got another email form Domenic supposedly offering me a refund for my rifle but, of course, I had to ship it first............so they can keep both. Not only is this a terrible way to get rid of customers and warranty jobs, it's borderline illegal.

Long story short, north sylvia would rather screw over customers than cover shipping on a defective item. If you are dealing with them beware of this and consider walking away because you might just end up dealing with the police instead.

And I am by far not the first (or last) person they tried to screw over like this.

Thanks for reading.
    Sometimes paying $25 for shipping pays off (and arranging a refund for it later). Скупой платит дважды.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier46 View Post
    OP- just gr them to send you the bolt and screw the warranty since it ain't working anyway.
    You need to read this thread again.....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gunneegoogoo's Avatar
    Certainly seems a reasonable response from NS on this one.

Good on them for coming out in the open and addressing issues as well, instead of just locking/deleting the thread.

I see them in a whole new light now.

All my dealings with NS have been great. Jon Mike and Dominic at some point have helped me.

I have sent items back for warranty to other companies like electronics and watches. Most times I have had to pay for a portion of the shipping. Seems to be industry practice throughout.

No response from StrelokRussia, lol
    When I die, I wanna go like my grandpa…peacefully…sleeping…not screaming, like the passengers in his car…

Screw reasonable. I'm going to be as unreasonable as I can. Then I'm going to wonder why insurance rates are so high and ##### about that too! There. I did a post.

Love it!! Good call
    When I die, I wanna go like my grandpa…peacefully…sleeping…not screaming, like the passengers in his car…