Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Review of the Tru-Spec M65 field coat

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Arclight's Avatar

Review of the Tru-Spec M65 field coat

Here is my review of the Tru-Spec M65 field coat offered by OPA Extreme.

After ordering several items I was advised by Stavros that if I wanted any items from the Tru-Spec line that was not listed on his site, he could order it up from the US. I saw that he had the M65 coat on his site, but listed as out of stock. In late February I asked if he could order one up for me in US woodland cammo. As I was looking to replace my cheap hunting coat that was starting to fall apart. Stavros agreed and ordered it once he received payment. He also advised that it may take some time to have it shipped to him. All communications were excellent and prompt. I said it would be fine as long as I could get it in time for turkey season in Ontario (late April). I received the coat last Friday. They are well made reproductions of the US Vietnam Era jackets. They are made in the PRC (Red China). The fabric is ripstop and very tough. There is a drawstring on the bottom and on the waist of the coat. There is a hood that is contained in the back of the zip up collar - It is quite large, obviously made to wear over a helmet. The collar can be worn up and fastened with a hook and loop tab. The zipper is made of heavy brass, a a covered by a storm flap with secures with snaps. There are 2 chest pockets, and 2 waist pockets. All the pockets are very large and can be close with snaps. The sleeves can be adjusted with a hook and loop strap. The coat also comes with a button-in liner that is made of ranger blanket/woobie/poncho liner material. The liner can be removed and worn buttoned up as a jacket itself. The M65 is not water proof, but is water resistant. If you stand out in the rain all day you will get wet... but the coat is quick drying. Even when wet, the coat will keep you warm - especially with the liner in. I was out yesterday afternoon checking my turkey area in the rain and I was quite comfortable and warm after being out in the wind and rain for 3 hours. Tru-Spec in my experience makes their jackets on the larger side. If you wear a Xl you may want to consider ordering a large. My overall impression is that the M65 is very well made and an excellent price for what you get. These are not Gucci gear cammo patterns and high tech materials.... But they are tried and tested, and do what they are supposed to do. I can't wait to really put it to the test during deer and black bear hunting in the late fall. If you are interested in getting one, don't hesitate to contact Stavros.

Here are some links to my photos.

http://imgur.com/qptAMNI
    http://imgur.com/TiRPEv9
    http://imgur.com/sAE4WN3
    http://imgur.com/BAhrfAw

Link to the coat:
    http://www.opaextreme.com/product/TR...OAT-WITH-LINER
    Vae Victis

CPC and OPC party member. CCFR, and OFHA member

Business Member
    Thx for the review Arclight !!

I'm happy to hear you like the TRU-SPEC apparel !

Business Member
    One Size Promo... I have one of these in Black - 4XL, so I'm offering it as a promo.

Price for this size is $160, plus shipping.....So anyone this size that would like to have this Great Coat, I'll include shipping for free.. a $15 value...
    or $15 off, if local to me and pick it up.

Order it here and choose free/no shipping on check out: http://www.opaextreme.com/product/TR...OAT-WITH-LINER
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Business Member
    I Still offering the one Black 4XL as free shipping promo.... Any takers on this great coat ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Arclight's Avatar
    If anyone is on the fence about these coats, contact Stavros and order one. You won't be sorry. They are great coats and cost a fraction of what the high tech Under Armor and Baretta brand coats cost. Anyone who is getting in to hunting, and wants to save money should think about getting one. These are excellent coats and will last a life time. Outside of hunting they would make excellent work coats for the construction folks out there. I have had mine out fishing Lake Ontario on cold windy days and I was quite warm. Last weekend I had a few Coast Guard people ask me where I got it from after they checked my licenses ect... they were impressed with its features. Remember, you can also get them in OD green and black if you don't want to cammo one.
    Vae Victis

CPC and OPC party member. CCFR, and OFHA member

Business Member
    Hopefully coast guard guys call in for stuff... :-) I did sell one unit a few Revision Goggles.

Business Member
    Fall is coming fast and anyone wanting a great coat like this..get pre-orders in .. and one 4XL promo above is still on.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer berger's Avatar
    I have had an M65 in Multicam for a few years...love it. Can you get an M65 in Multicam-Tropic?
    Prost!

Berger

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by berger View Post
    I have had an M65 in Multicam for a few years...love it. Can you get an M65 in Multicam-Tropic?
    No, not thru Tru-Spec, only in Woodland, Black and O.D.

Business Member
    Alright, got another order for one of these ... Anyone else like to get one for this fall hunt or outdoor adventures ?

Still have the Black in 4XL left, w/Free shipping promo... that's $15 + savings.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast