Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: quick question about your milsurp firearms

Boiling water is the way to go on everything BUT THE STOCK AND WOOD PIECE ON THE GAS TUBE .
    I was addicted to the hokey pokey , but I turned myself about .

BANNED
    ok thanks for the responses gents.

Watched a bunch of vids on youtube for cosmo removal. Does not seem too much of a pain in the ass. Lotta guys use mineral salts first then into the boiling water- this is for all the moving parts. How would you guys do the stock and gas tube cover?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jericho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemike77 View Post

Watched a bunch of vids on youtube for cosmo removal. Does not seem too much of a pain in the ass. Lotta guys use mineral salts first then into the boiling water- this is for all the moving parts. How would you guys do the stock and gas tube cover?
    Crud cutter / brake cleaner works fine.

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemike77 View Post

For the wood, I like to let it sit in direct sunlight during a hot summer day and watch the cosmoline melt out of it, you can also put it in a black garbage bag for faster results.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12