Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Heckler & Koch MR223A3 14.5" .223Rem

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mebiuspower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonGreen View Post
    NS is it at all possible to bring in real 416 uppers (not interested in mr series)? is it something you could look into? maybe hk could be persuaded?
    HK never sold 416 uppers... and never would allow that to happen again.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildot's Avatar
    NS is it at all possible to bring in real 416 uppers (not interested in mr series)? is it something you could look into? maybe hk could be persuaded?
    Good question, however the problem as I see it? is that the 416 upper comes with a full auto lower, so they would have to separate the upper/lower and destroy or sell the lower, from a business perspective not really viable. I"m not NS so I'm guessing you'll get an "official" answer shortly. Good Luck.
    Certified Colt, Glock, REM, S&W, SIG, Tikka Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

NS any idea when the 11" MRs are supposed to get to Canada?

German government will not allow HK416 to be exported.

The HK416 stuff you see around are not intended to be for the commercial market, they ended up in the commercial market for a variety reasons, the original users don't want them anymore ( can't pay for them ), surplus from orders.....or they simply got diverted. The German government is hawking at HK with their Green Party Defence Minister and you can expect HK paying even more attention to making sure 416 wont' end up in other users.

If HK can sell HK416 to civilian, why will a company waste extra money and effort to create a civilian line?

And in reality, the difference between the HK416 and the current MR223A3 doesn't even matter. The barrel of the A3 is chromelined with a target crown. The A5 adjustable gas block is useless to us without suppressor.
    Last edited by greentips; 05-03-2016 at 03:02 PM.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

The HK416 stuff you see around are not intended to be for the commercial market, they got diverted for a variety reasons, the original users don't want them anymore ( can't pay for them ), surplus from orders.....

Greentipps

You should save that response for copy and paste for the next 20 years.

I need an HK lower. I have so many 14.5 416 uppers already. All buy the 11 eventually.

Thanks for the excellent answer greentips! But to be clear to everyone else i said UPPERS. I know 416 lowers are f/a but if hk could sell just some uppers to us id be down but hk has never cared too much for civilian sales and i know the german government plays a big roll in this. Oh well, guess ill just have to get an MR
    “... and they who cried: “Appease, Appease!” are hanged by men they tried to please.”

Thanks for the excellent answer greentips! But to be clear to everyone else i said UPPERS. I know 416 lowers are f/a but if hk could sell just some uppers to us id be down but hk has never cared too much for civilian sales and i know the german government plays a big roll in this. Oh well, guess ill just have to get an MR
    Roger that, however the 416's out there were FA guns & the uppers were separated, even in the LE/MIL market, the rifle uppers aren't a "stand alone" item, much like in the MR line up. The "US" version is available through HK USA as a "stand alone" upper for there MR series of rifles. Nuff said.

Upper and barrels are considered major weapon components in German's version of ITAR, just like the US's version of ITAR won't allow upper and barrel exported without DOS approval. you want to export a flash suppressor out of Germany, you will need German's version of DOS approval.

Anything HK sells has to be approved by the German Government. I don't know the corporate structure of HK USA in relationship to HK Germany, but if HK USA is a sub of HK Germany then everything sold by HK USA probably needs to get the nod from German government.

All the US HK uppers are stripped off from HK416 sold to Law Enforcement. They used to sell to LE dealers many years ago but these dealers stripped the uppers off right the way and sold them to the civilian market. They put a stop to it, but they can never stop these small US LE department from doing so. There are gazillions of LE departments in the US and many of them run on their own rules, so at one point I think HK USA only entertains departments over a certain size or at certain jurisdiction level so to stop small LE departments from flipping guns to make money. Hk USA is anal about it because no one wants to have another investigation. ( Ask Sig Sauer Germany ) Part of the german government is not exactly friendly to gun makers.
    Last edited by greentips; 05-03-2016 at 11:46 AM.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

there was a thread a few days back about 416 barrel conversions for the mr, any substance to that or just pie in the sky?
    “... and they who cried: “Appease, Appease!” are hanged by men they tried to please.”

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast