Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Overnight stay w/restricted

Overnight stay w/restricted

We have signed up for a pistol course and have decided to stay overnight at a hotel near the range where the course will be held (early am start).

Where do we store our firearms? We will be going out for dinner the night before as well to a special restaurant that I proposed at (plus it's the week of our anniversary). In the room or our car? Help!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyScuba View Post
    We have signed up for a pistol course and have decided to stay overnight at a hotel near the range where the course will be held (early am start).

Where do we store our firearms? We will be going out for dinner the night before as well to a special restaurant that I proposed at (plus it's the week of our anniversary). In the room or our car? Help!
    Would the range keep them locked up for you? Or do you just not trust them?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer OneBarfly's Avatar
    My Livingroom Office: Ont - Marshes of the east
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Treme View Post
    Would the range keep them locked up for you? Or do you just not trust them?
    Last place I would leave them. If it were me and I was not in the room at the time, they'd be locked in a case in the truck of my car (or behind the seat of the truck) and I would make a point of having a room where parking is in front of my room and in plain view of the front of the hotel.

You are in transit, legally an lawfully. You're good to go.
    :D STUPID is supposed to be fatal, but we spend countless resources to protect IDIOTS from being the cause of their own demise. Occasionally a ray of sunshine comes through an STUPID manages to do the job it was intended to do.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Arclight's Avatar
    Store them in your room if it has a safe. If not then the trunk of your car.
    Vae Victis

CPC and OPC party member. CCFR, and OFHA member

As for the range not sure how that would work as the course is run by an outside agency. There are 3 of us so the room safe won't be big enough. Going to leave them in the car for dinner and in the room overnight.

Store them in your room. You can not store them in your car if they are restricted. I recently attended a course in another province. Stayed in a hotel, stored my pistol there and when I went to dinner I took the barrel in my pocket. More a piece of mind that if it did get stolen, it would be useless for a while.

CGN frequent flyer greywolf67nt's Avatar
    When I travel they are in a locked case in the room, in a drawer or suitcase and the Do Not Disturb sign on the door.
    Don't give up SQUAT!
    ZERO Compliance!

CCFR MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by MCP View Post
    You can not store them in your car if they are restricted.
    Based on what exactly?

Shawn

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    Based on what exactly?

Shawn

I recall that there was a conviction involving firearms left overnight in a car, rather than being brought into the home, after the owner returned from using them.

If I were in the OP's situation, the double locked guns would be with me in the room, and locked in my vehicle if I were to go for a meal. The guns aren't being stored in the car, they are in transit.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast