Stocking Dealers:
    - Calgary Shooting Centre
    - Red Deer Shooting Centre
    - Ellwood Epps
    - Firearms Outlet Canada
    - G4C Sports
    - Siwash
    - Tenda

Last edited by North_Sylva; 02-26-2022 at 01:41 PM.

More info on the knife please?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberEye View Post
    More info on the knife please?
    Mick Strider Custom SLCC. (We don't carry this knife.)

I love USPs, have a few of them, big fan. However, is the stronger slide and improved corrosion resistance really warrant designating this an A1? I feel they're trying to provide a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. Never heard or read of a USP rusting or slide cracking/breaking. From what I know, the pistol was originally designed around the 40s&w cartridge and the slide was already beefy enough to withstand those pressures as well as pressures from +P ammo. So 9mm and +P 9mm would be a non-issue as well.

Also noticed the safety is now a weird arrangement. The standard USP safety is the similar in operation to a 1911, where up is safe and lowered is fire and depressing the lever further than fire would decock the gun. Now it looks like when the lever is horizontal to the slide (normally fire position), safety is engaged and when lever is depressed lower (normally decock), safety is disengaged. This arrangement seems odd to me. Now if the safety is engaged (lever pointing down), how would you disengage the safety without moving your support hand out of the way to move the safety lever up?
    Homie take your bag?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mebiuspower's Avatar
    ^

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckle...ch_USP#Service

The USP was adopted in Germany by the Bundeswehr (German armed forces) as the P8 in 1994.[15] The P8 has only minor differences from the standard USP model, these being translucent magazines, a reversed safety/decocker lever (on the P8, down indicates 'safe', and up indicates 'fire' — this is the opposite of the standard USP), and the 'S' and 'F' letters being printed onto the frame instead of onto the lever itself. The P8 has a traditional lands-and-grooves barrel instead of a polygonal barrel.[16]

Quote Originally Posted by MPower View Post

Also noticed the safety is now a weird arrangement. The standard USP safety is the similar in operation to a 1911, where up is safe and lowered is fire and depressing the lever further than fire would decock the gun. Now it looks like when the lever is horizontal to the slide (normally fire position), safety is engaged and when lever is depressed lower (normally decock), safety is disengaged. This arrangement seems odd to me. Now if the safety is engaged (lever pointing down), how would you disengage the safety without moving your support hand out of the way to move the safety lever up?
    The P8 always has a reversed safety direction from the US USP. It is a German thing, since the 90's.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Never knew the P8 safety was purposely designed to be the opposite of the standard USP. But it's still weird, no? I mean you would have to move your support hand out of the way, place your strong hand thumb under the lever and flick it upwards, then move the same thumb out of the way and place your support hand back into position!? Or do the Germans just flick the safety lever up into fire position with their support hand?

Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    Homie take your bag?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mebiuspower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MPower View Post
    Never knew the P8 safety was purposely designed to be the opposite of the standard USP. But it's still weird, no? I mean you would have to move your support hand out of the way, place your strong hand thumb under the lever and flick it upwards, then move the same thumb out of the way and place your support hand back into position!? Or do the Germans just flick the safety lever up into fire position with their support hand?
    You do have a point, the gas filler cap on my car is in the front and the ignition is on the left hand side and guess what... it's a German car!

All jokes aside, it's the requirement of the Bundeswehr to make the safety that way as part of the military contract. H&K has nothing to do with that decision. That being said, all other USP pistols have the "regular" safety.

They did it that so that it would follow P38/P1 design and would not mess up muscle memory of the soldiers who used to P38/P1 style safety. USP was designed for the US customers who used to M1911 style safety. Nothing weird about it.

Quote Originally Posted by kozack View Post
    They did it that so that it would follow P38/P1 design and would not mess up muscle memory of the soldiers who used to P38/P1 style safety. USP was designed for the US customers who used to M1911 style safety. Nothing weird about it.
    Thanks for the explanation!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast