Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FREE GLOCK REPAIR Today Only!

Quote Originally Posted by MartyMorningwood View Post
    not in ontario it isn't. when i had my pistol repaired i had to get permission to take it.. unless the gunshop came to me to pick it up.
    Call the CFO and check, but taking my pistol to a gunsmith or retail store for repair and or appraisal is attached to my RPAL. In Ontario. ..talked with them last week.
    Happiness is a warm gun ...bang, bang, shoot, shoot...

Quote Originally Posted by CDNbear View Post
    Call the CFO and check, but taking my pistol to a gunsmith or retail store for repair and or appraisal is attached to my RPAL. In Ontario. ..talked with them last week.
    that's weird.. maybe cause mine overnight maybe that changes it? anyway something i should look into

Quote Originally Posted by MartyMorningwood View Post
    not in ontario it isn't. when i had my pistol repaired i had to get permission to take it.. unless the gunshop came to me to pick it up.
    Pretty sure it's included in all provinces. When the federal laws changed (Common Sense Firearms Licensing Act C-42), I called the CFO and had them read what is attached to my license. It won't be printed on the license until it is renewed.

Here's an extract:

(2.1) Subject to subsection (2.3), an individ#ual who holds a licence authorizing the individual to possess prohibited firearms or restricted firearms must, if the licence is renewed, be authorized to transport them within the individual’s province of residence
    (a) to and from all shooting clubs and shooting ranges that are approved under section 29;
    (b) to and from any place a peace officer, firearms officer or chief firearms officer is located, for verification, registration or disposal in accordance with this Act or Part III of the Criminal Code;
    (c) to and from a business that holds a licence authorizing it to repair or appraise prohibited firearms or restricted firearms;
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

My understanding is that the "attached ATT" is only to ranges you are a member of as your range has to submit this to CFC for it to be attached to your license. At least that is what both clubs in Ontario has told me. In QC you still need the Loi 9 card and FQT membership to use invitation letters to transport to ranges you are not a member.

The new process is still very confusing to many because of the changes; but I personally did not see an indication that you could just "up and decide" to take restricted to gun smiths with out first getting an ATT.

Also the CFO's in all the Provinces have also put their own twists on rules in their respective areas despite it being a Federal law set. Just look at Ontario's rules on .50BMG; the CFO will not permit discharge of these on Civ ranges. Even if its a Civ club at a military range spec'd for even bigger calibers. So it is not so easy to assume because the rules are like this here that they are the same across the country (even if you remove QC from the equation).

1-800-731-4000

Man, reading what you folks in Ontario and Quebec go through makes me love living in Alberta. We can drive to any gunsmith/ range/ border crossing/ gun show in the province whenever we want without prior authorization, as long as we have our long-term ATT electronically attached to our licence. So the people complaining about the same day notice about the FREE glock repairs are butt-hurt because they were either lazy or late to the party. Too bad, so sad

Quote Originally Posted by Mattg13 View Post
    Man, reading what you folks in Ontario and Quebec go through makes me love living in Alberta. We can drive to any gunsmith/ range/ border crossing/ gun show in the province whenever we want without prior authorization, as long as we have our long-term ATT electronically attached to our licence. So the people complaining about the same day notice about the FREE glock repairs are butt-hurt because they were either lazy or late to the party. Too bad, so sad
    This is.....

I hate autocorrect. I always end up posting some thong I didn't Nintendo.

Better idea yet: trade in your Glock for a real gun that doesn't need to be repaired, whether it's free or paid! Mwa-ha-ha-ha!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jericho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by borsch View Post
    Better idea yet: trade in your Glock for a real gun that doesn't need to be repaired, whether it's free or paid! Mwa-ha-ha-ha!
    Such as...? There's a reason Glocks are so successful and are the go to choice for many agencies.

Quote Originally Posted by RageStation View Post
    My understanding is that the "attached ATT" is only to ranges you are a member of as your range has to submit this to CFC for it to be attached to your license. At least that is what both clubs in Ontario has told me. In QC you still need the Loi 9 card and FQT membership to use invitation letters to transport to ranges you are not a member.

The new process is still very confusing to many because of the changes; but I personally did not see an indication that you could just "up and decide" to take restricted to gun smiths with out first getting an ATT.

Also the CFO's in all the Provinces have also put their own twists on rules in their respective areas despite it being a Federal law set. Just look at Ontario's rules on .50BMG; the CFO will not permit discharge of these on Civ ranges. Even if its a Civ club at a military range spec'd for even bigger calibers. So it is not so easy to assume because the rules are like this here that they are the same across the country (even if you remove QC from the equation).
    New regulations specifically limit CFO's authority in these matters. They must obey federal laws which have priority over any made-up CFO rules.
    Check with your CFO to be sure but, last I checked, Quebec was still subject to Canadian law.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast