Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FREE GLOCK REPAIR Today Only!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    Such as...? There's a reason Glocks are so successful and are the go to choice for many agencies.
    Bingo...

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan024 View Post
    Awesome ! No problems with any of my glocks though
    Same here and the easiest to maintain of all my pistols

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    More dealers should host events like this once in a while.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    Such as...? There's a reason Glocks are so successful and are the go to choice for many agencies.
    There certainly is.

It's called merchandising.

Glock's deals are too good for Police Departments to pass up, they work fine, and Glock backs up their products with a
    hard-to-beat repair and replacement policy.

Really, however, the Glock mystique is highly overrated.

It's just a cheap-to-make service pistol that does the job as well as any other modern well-made service pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by RageStation View Post
    My understanding is that the "attached ATT" is only to ranges you are a member of as your range has to submit this to CFC for it to be attached to your license. At least that is what both clubs in Ontario has told me. In QC you still need the Loi 9 card and FQT membership to use invitation letters to transport to ranges you are not a member.

The new process is still very confusing to many because of the changes; but I personally did not see an indication that you could just "up and decide" to take restricted to gun smiths with out first getting an ATT.

Also the CFO's in all the Provinces have also put their own twists on rules in their respective areas despite it being a Federal law set. Just look at Ontario's rules on .50BMG; the CFO will not permit discharge of these on Civ ranges. Even if its a Civ club at a military range spec'd for even bigger calibers. So it is not so easy to assume because the rules are like this here that they are the same across the country (even if you remove QC from the equation).
    target sports in ontario alows .50 bmg. So does silverdale. You absolutely can just take up and decide to go to a gunsmith, provided they are open for business. You do still need to contact the cfo for att to military range.

.50 bmg is also fine at our range, Guelph Rod & Gun. It's just a waste since the longest shooting distance is 100 m.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmGunGuy View Post
    New regulations specifically limit CFO's authority in these matters. They must obey federal laws which have priority over any made-up CFO rules.
    Check with your CFO to be sure but, last I checked, Quebec was still subject to Canadian law.
    QC is still subject too, but often applies the Not Withstanding Clause and makes their own rules on many things; but like I said that's a completely different debate/topic than for the thread so don't really wanna rattle that bees nest too much.

I'm certainly liking more and more what I hear of the new regulations. As I said before I simply don't know what you can and can't do province to province because for as LONG as I've been breathing (and my hair surely won't let you think it's been a short go) every province had their different quirks. And the new law seems to be confusing everyone because the owners of ranges have different responses to the same questions. But til I buy that lil piece of heaven way out in the sticks where no one but the tax man comes knocking...

Quote Originally Posted by ekimne View Post
    target sports in ontario alows .50 bmg. So does silverdale. You absolutely can just take up and decide to go to a gunsmith, provided they are open for business. You do still need to contact the cfo for att to military range.
    Hmmm I'm gonna make a trip this weekend out to the two clubs that have 300m or more ranges and see if they allow .50bmg. I know the one range was always upset cause no one would buy the .50cal Barret they had on the display forever; not that I blame people not jumping on it cause you couldn't shoot it anywhere. Both ranges had stated it was the CFO that disallowed the use of .50bmg; the one range is also Military and I KNOW it's rated for .50bmg, though they don't allow belt fed of anything bigger than .30 anymore... reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by RageStation View Post
    QC is still subject too, but often applies the Not Withstanding Clause and makes their own rules on many things; but like I said that's a completely different debate/topic than for the thread so don't really wanna rattle that bees nest too much.

I'm certainly liking more and more what I hear of the new regulations. As I said before I simply don't know what you can and can't do province to province because for as LONG as I've been breathing (and my hair surely won't let you think it's been a short go) every province had their different quirks. And the new law seems to be confusing everyone because the owners of ranges have different responses to the same questions. But til I buy that lil piece of heaven way out in the sticks where no one but the tax man comes knocking...

Hmmm I'm gonna make a trip this weekend out to the two clubs that have 300m or more ranges and see if they allow .50bmg. I know the one range was always upset cause no one would buy the .50cal Barret they had on the display forever; not that I blame people not jumping on it cause you couldn't shoot it anywhere. Both ranges had stated it was the CFO that disallowed the use of .50bmg; the one range is also Military and I KNOW it's rated for .50bmg, though they don't allow belt fed of anything bigger than .30 anymore... reasons.
    50 BMG at Urban Tactical Brantford
    Happiness is a warm gun ...bang, bang, shoot, shoot...

every part of my glock is broken can i get a new one for free? :P jk

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jericho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonesome Donkey View Post
    There certainly is.

It's called merchandising.

Glock's deals are too good for Police Departments to pass up, they work fine, and Glock backs up their products with a
    hard-to-beat repair and replacement policy.

Really, however, the Glock mystique is highly overrated.

It's just a cheap-to-make service pistol that does the job as well as any other modern well-made service pistol.
    Glocks are the AK of the pistol world. Not too pricey, simple to operate, very reliable, and gets the job done.

I've yet to require repairs on my 7 year old Gen3 with thousands down the pile - all stock.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast