Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SKS-KD with wood stock and metal AK magazine pre oreder

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mmGunGuy View Post
    I have one of the early models but don't have a problem with the mag release.
    I haven't tried it but I don't think that SKS mags work in the modified gun.
    The mag release is different and they have machined the mag hold pins for the AK mags.
    my phone auto-corrected AK, to "so", lol. the mag release just looks like an extended release that you can buy anywhere...you have to pull it to release the mag...so somehow you need to rock the mag out, while pulling on the release...if you can do that with one hand, then bravo, but the way is, I could not. So for me at least, there's no point in having any kind of detachable magazine, if you have to use two hands to remove it.

More importantly though, can the magazine be inserted on a closed bolt?

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cranswick View Post
    my phone auto-corrected AK, to "so", lol. the mag release just looks like an extended release that you can buy anywhere...you have to pull it to release the mag...so somehow you need to rock the mag out, while pulling on the release...if you can do that with one hand, then bravo, but the way is, I could not. So for me at least, there's no point in having any kind of detachable magazine, if you have to use two hands to remove it.

More importantly though, can the magazine be inserted on a closed bolt?
    Yes magazine can be inserted on closed bolt . I will do little Video as soon as they come in to show and I will see if I can do it with one hand . Thank you for questions Cranswick!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by westrifle View Post
    Yes magazine can be inserted on closed bolt . I will do little Video as soon as they come in to show and I will see if I can do it with one hand . Thank you for questions Cranswick!
    that's good to know, that is by far the most important thing regarding detachable mags. Also, if you guys could get a hold of a sevensixtwo magazine release, to see if it works with the AK mags, that would be a huge improvement as well.

Quote Originally Posted by oddball_ted View Post
    Exactly. What a joke. Some guys wanting 700$ for a used, third hand sks-d. Only 3000 rounds of corrosive through it. I just shook my head.
    No doubt. LOL
    Regards,
    MissionShooter

Proud Member of the Mission & District Rod & Gun Club, CCFR, NFA, and BCWF

Kрасавица!! How much for the extra mags? and I'm assuming this will have no issues with polymer AK mags or the like right?
    Been contemplating getting rid of my AR and getting another SKS. This will prob be the ticket.
    What's the ETA on these? Sorry if I missed it

I've had problems fitting the Pro-Mag AK mags. The IMI mags fit perfectly.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MissionShooter View Post
    No doubt. LOL
    Saw a yugo sks on the EE listed for 800$... I'd rather have four refurbs soaked in cosmo kthnxbai

Saw that one this morning lol
    I was like yeah no thank you

Awesome
    CONFIRMED...SEND IT!

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornychief View Post
    Kрасавица!! How much for the extra mags? and I'm assuming this will have no issues with polymer AK mags or the like right?
    Been contemplating getting rid of my AR and getting another SKS. This will prob be the ticket.
    What's the ETA on these? Sorry if I missed it
    The guns ready waiting for magazines to come in.
    ETA June 1 if they come earlier I will notify everyone.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast