Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MIL-SPEC Watch - Run Over by Tank !! - traser H3

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeonman View Post
    Mineral K1 crystal. How scratch resistant are they compared to sapphire?
    I'm not able to find an answer, not thru head office or thru google searches.... I will keep trying, as it's good info to know and pass on.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OPA Extreme View Post
    I'm not able to find an answer, not thru head office or thru google searches.... I will keep trying, as it's good info to know and pass on.
    The little research I've done, I believe the difference is not too much...both are good choice, the sapphire is just the better/premium one.

I wouldn't worry if model you like has the mineral K1 instead of sapphire.....but also, any model you like, can be custom ordered to have glass of choice, and different trigi-lite colour, or add trigi-lite on second hand, if that model doesn't have one, etc....

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeonman View Post
    Mineral K1 crystal. How scratch resistant are they compared to sapphire?

O.k. finally got better info on this question.

Glass
    Glass refers to the transparent cover on a watch face that allows you to view the watch dial and hands. Glass is available in different materials and qualities; however, at present, mineral glass are used by most manufacturers and, thus, seen on most watches on this website. Below, you are able to learn more about the different types of glass and their features.

MINERAL
    To equip watches with mineral glass is very common as mineral glass are made from glass that has been heat treated or exposed to chemicals to make it more resistant to scratches. As a result, mineral glass is more robust compared to regular glass; however, scratches and dents may appear in time – sapphire is more resistant. If a glass is covered with scratches, it is recommended to have it replaced. Not just for aesthetic reasons, but mainly as material strength is reduced, making the glass more susceptible to shattering if subjected to bumps and bruises. A mineral glass has a Vickers hardness of 500-800.

SAPPHIRE
    Sapphire is the most expensive type of glass as sapphire glass is very resistant and made from crystallized aluminium oxide at high temperatures. Sapphire is more resistant than any other type of glass and rarely shatters as sapphire glass is extra resistant to scratches and known to be up to seven times harder than steel. Sapphire glasses have a Vickers hardness of 2200-2300 (significantly more than mineral crystals). Sapphire glasses are more expensive to produce and only quality watches come with sapphire glass. Thus, most Tissot and Certina watches are equipped with sapphire crystals.

See link for article.
    https://www.anytimewatches.com/en/glass.html
    Last edited by OPA Extreme; 06-02-2016 at 06:59 PM.

Thanks for looking into this.

Cheers,
    P

Quote Originally Posted by OPA Extreme View Post
    O.k. finally got better info on this question.

Glass
    Glass refers to the transparent cover on a watch face that allows you to view the watch dial and hands. Glass is available in different materials and qualities; however, at present, mineral glass are used by most manufacturers and, thus, seen on most watches on this website. Below, you are able to learn more about the different types of glass and their features.

MINERAL
    To equip watches with mineral glass is very common as mineral glass are made from glass that has been heat treated or exposed to chemicals to make it more resistant to scratches. As a result, mineral glass is more robust compared to regular glass; however, scratches and dents may appear in time – sapphire is more resistant. If a glass is covered with scratches, it is recommended to have it replaced. Not just for aesthetic reasons, but mainly as material strength is reduced, making the glass more susceptible to shattering if subjected to bumps and bruises. A mineral glass has a Vickers hardness of 500-800.

SAPPHIRE
    Sapphire is the most expensive type of glass as sapphire glass is very resistant and made from crystallized aluminium oxide at high temperatures. Sapphire is more resistant than any other type of glass and rarely shatters as sapphire glass is extra resistant to scratches and known to be up to seven times harder than steel. Sapphire glasses have a Vickers hardness of 2200-2300 (significantly more than mineral crystals). Sapphire glasses are more expensive to produce and only quality watches come with sapphire glass. Thus, most Tissot and Certina watches are equipped with sapphire crystals.

See link for article.
    https://www.anytimewatches.com/en/glass.html

Business Member
    No worries, it's info I should know...as I want to be informed about products i sell.

So, how many should I put you down for ? haha :-)

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by M10 View Post
    That's not a tank that is an AFV
    Tru Dat !! But this is a tank !!

Business Member
    Awesome Watch !! and now, an additional 5% Off the already lowest price !! Awesome DEAL !!

Order by end of this weekend and use promo code: 5-off-traser

http://www.opaextreme.com/product/Tr...0-Type-6-MIL-G

Business Member
    These Beauty of a watches are waiting for a wrist to call home !! :-)

Business Member
    Hey, anyone planning on going out and get run over by a tank this long weekend ? I hope not, but if anyone nutty enough too, I got a watch for you... ahahhaaa..

Business Member
    Reminder of these Great Watches !!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast