Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unsatisfied

Good explanation. Bit of advice, change your avatar, you sir are not George Carlin, its not funny.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aries-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Gnomes View Post
    Fair enough and your points are valid. I know you guys handled this professionally and it comes through on the forum. Yes I understand abandoning telephone Sales would be fatal as I know you guys get many old people who won't use the Internet to complete a sale. A sale in any method is the goal. Does out of curiosity but is there a way you can "hold" the item temporarily in your inventory while you complete the sale so ot doesn't happen and it would disappear off the online inventory or am i overthinking this? Is this a common enough occurrence to warrant a change?

Thanks for your responses.
    In store, over the phone, and internet All use the same system for selling an item. The screen we use in store is identical to yours other than 1 spot payment. We have "in store payment" as an option.

Quote Originally Posted by espresso604 View Post
    Good explanation. Bit of advice, change your avatar, you sir are not George Carlin, its not funny.
    You seem to think that bothers me. the stated info is funny. Maybe not to you. But its not there for your benifit

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxer2373 View Post
    Called in as always to confirm my order
    (my emphasis)

Quote Originally Posted by epps View Post
    we are strongly advising customers to place their orders online whenever possible in order to avoid just this type of overlap
    Just because I read very carefully, to the OP: did you place the initial order online or by phone? The grammar you use assumes you placed it online and then called after to confirm. I just want to ask that because if it was an online and then a phone call to confirm, that's a whole different scenario. If it is a phone only, then I see the issue.

I have ordered from and will order again from Epps... just wanting clarification, nothing more.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

would think it could be easy to have the sales staff enter any "phone order" into the online system, as if it had come in directly from online. they need to collect all the customer information anyways, they could easily create an "online" account in real time over the phone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Aniest View Post
    (my emphasis)

Just because I read very carefully, to the OP: did you place the initial order online or by phone? The grammar you use assumes you placed it online and then called after to confirm. I just want to ask that because if it was an online and then a phone call to confirm, that's a whole different scenario. If it is a phone only, then I see the issue.

I have ordered from and will order again from Epps... just wanting clarification, nothing more.

No I called in to confirm item was still available and in stock and was told I could order right over the phone so I did.

President called me but missed the call we will talk tomorrow. If nothing else I am impressed with the reach out since this post. I stress my biggest issue was not that ot happened it was there was no communication that it happened until I picked up the package and called in myself.

The easy way to remedy this is to process the order thru the online system with the customer still on the phone as canuckchap has stated. Just tell the customer you will have to verify the item is still available and take it out of online inventory before you hang up with the customer. Problem solved.

Aries- Love George Carlin and the truths he spoke.
    https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...etition=e-2582
    https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...etition=e-2576
    https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...etition=e-2574

Quote Originally Posted by canuckchap View Post
    would think it could be easy to have the sales staff enter any "phone order" into the online system, as if it had come in directly from online. they need to collect all the customer information anyways, they could easily create an "online" account in real time over the phone.
    That is what happens.

This thread has run its course, and like most others has degenerated into name-calling and finger-pointing. The OP has been contacted and appears satisfied with the explanation offered from our store. We can What If and Coulda-Shoulda about this all day, but the simple fact is errors do happen from time to time. As always, we do try to offer the best service we are able, and when we fall short, we do make certain that we offer every measure available to us to correct that situation.

Let's move on from here, shall we?
    Due to the current health situation, our store is closed to walk-in traffic. We are allowing pick-ups of pre-paid orders from our front door from 10.00 AM until 4.00 PM from Tuesdays through Sundays only.

Customers are advised to call ahead before attending our store to make certain their orders are ready for pick up.

Please ring the doorbell located there to summon our staff to assist you when you do arrive at our store.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12