Norinco Win1897

Mark-II

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Will you be bringing more of these in?

Any chance of a 28-30" barrel option (with chokes)?

Or of a trench gun?

I finally have gotten out with the one I bought last Christmas and have given it a good workout at both trap and 5-stand over the last couple weeks and it's an absolute hoot!

It's ammo picky, but I've found Score #7-1/2 1-1/8oz 1145fps target loads to be totally reliable (the faster stuff or lower brass regularly fails to eject)

Of course guys tell me the original 97s are just as fussy.

Cheers!

Will you be bringing more of these in?

Any chance of a 28-30" barrel option (with chokes)?

Or of a trench gun?

I finally have gotten out with the one I bought last Christmas and have given it a good workout at both trap and 5-stand over the last couple weeks and it's an absolute hoot!

It's ammo picky, but I've found Score #7-1/2 1-1/8oz 1145fps target loads to be totally reliable (the faster stuff or lower brass regularly fails to eject)

Of course guys tell me the original 97s are just as fussy.

Cheers!

I noticed mine is pickey too it wont eject certain shells it extracts no eject! I noticed the ejector bends some cases. cleaning it is a PITA through as it takes awhile to take apart and I cant get my mag tube out by hand have to use a strap wrench to unscrew it. but they are fun to shoot and if trench guns were avail I would buy one

I noticed mine is pickey too it wont eject certain shells it extracts no eject! I noticed the ejector bends some cases. cleaning it is a PITA through as it takes awhile to take apart and I cant get my mag tube out by hand have to use a strap wrench to unscrew it. but they are fun to shoot and if trench guns were avail I would buy one

I don't plan on stripping this one. If it gets that badly gunked up I'll take off the butt stock and hose it out with brake cleaner before giving it a quick dip in eds red.

If mine fails it leaves a shell loosely stuck in the chamber. I figure the higher brass low velocity stuff must not swell up as much as the cheap challenger shells do.

If I do someday strip it I'll have to have a go at polishing the chamber, but for now the 1145fps score stuff is excellent with it.

Even a 26" barrel would be nice, if John could find a way to make it happen.... Without asking me how many thousands I'd like ;)

I've been looking for an 1897 for weeks now, I'd love for them to bring back the Norinco copy. So John from Marstar, any chance we'll ever see the 1897, or even better, it's trench gun variant any time soon?

Indeed, if John could source some trench guns I'm sure they'd sell well. Sign me up for one.

A friend had his '97 he picked up from Marstar out at the range a few weeks ago just to test it. Had a few hickups, but for the most part ran alright. Very cool gun!

I have gone the Ithaca 37 / separate hand guard route than wait any longer with no supply in sight. Real shame but I didn't have the heart to modify a real 1897, and the Marstar one's are rarely ever traded.

I think there is some real pent up demand for these........

Candocad.

Back
Top Bottom