Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Cadex bipods...?

Quote Originally Posted by burnaby View Post
    All looking fwd to a review for the non bleeding edge folks.
    For sure don't want another SBRM/pod loc. Really like my TRG bipod, too bad no TRG to picatinny adapter.

Choice is "CHEAPER" Atlas, or YOLO/BOCO LRA or patriotic Falcon.
    if you want to c a LRA in person, lmk. Got one on my DT.
    "From My Cold, Dead Hands." - Charlton Heston

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by DrXenon View Post
    Yes, I have Pod Locs on all the Harris bipods I have. I shoot at long range (if you consider 1 km long range) and have never had any complaints about them. Just wondering if a Falcon would up my game. I would need to expect some type of improvement to justify the added weight and expense.
    Atlas is lighter than the harris :-)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Thanks for the offer. Might take you up on it but may not be a while as a Razor II and mount is top of shopping list. For now SBRM/pod loc will have to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by bsand View Post
    if you want to c a LRA in person, lmk. Got one on my DT.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Epoxy7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DrXenon View Post
    Yes, I have Pod Locs on all the Harris bipods I have. I shoot at long range (if you consider 1 km long range) and have never had any complaints about them. Just wondering if a Falcon would up my game. I would need to expect some type of improvement to justify the added weight and expense.
    Probably not. However these Cadex bipods are good for heavier rifles like the Tremor 50 BMG. With the Cadex rifles you get direct connect to the slots on the handguard. Plus like the LRA it seems to go wider and more around the handguard making the connection seem less of the rifle sitting on top and rather sitting into it. Should give more stability due to this ie lower centre of gravity and wider stance. But I won't know for sure until I get mine.

Nothing wrong with a Harris. I wouldn't use one on a 50 bmg though. I suspect these Cadex ones will offer all the Advantages of the Atlas without the extra play. I wasn't impressed with the Atlas, although many like them a lot. I actually think the LRA is the main competition for the Cadex Falcon. At the same price point. Plus it gives Cadex the ability to offer a full package with less dependency on other companies for accessories. Smart move by Cadex.
    Last edited by Epoxy7; 02-12-2017 at 12:02 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    497 with shipping and my mil discount :-)
    Wait, what?
    A Government of Laws and not of Policies.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Epoxy7 View Post
    Probably not. However these Cadex bipods are good for heavier rifles like the Tremor 50 BMG. With the Cadex rifles you get direct connect to the slots on the handguard. Plus like the LRA it seems to go wider and more around the handguard making the connection seem less of the rifle sitting on top and rather sitting into it. Should give more stability due to this ie lower centre of gravity and wider stance. But I won't know for sure until I get mine.

Nothing wrong with a Harris. I wouldn't use one on a 50 bmg though. I suspect these Cadex ones will offer all the Advantages of the Atlas without the extra play. I wasn't impressed with the Atlas, although many like them a lot. I actually think the LRA is the main competition for the Cadex Falcon. At the same price point. Plus it gives Cadex the ability to offer a full package with less dependency on other companies for accessories. Smart move by Cadex.
    We definitely have to get together when yours arrives

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Donut View Post
    We definitely have to get together when yours arrives
    For sure. I would be interested in your thoughts on how the Falcon bipod compares to the other big player bipods. I predict you will eventually be buying one yourself for your 50 Tremor... Based on Cadex's other products I have high expectations of this new bipod. The timing also worked out well as it coincided with my Tremor order! I was very lucky with the timing on that one.

I suspect Dilligaf will be the first to post once he gets his. He's probably rigged up a security system so the Canada post Ninjas can't just slide an attempted delivery slip on his door and disapear!
    Last edited by Epoxy7; 02-16-2017 at 01:03 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Luv to tag along. Still trying to decide on Atlas, LRA or Falcon. BSand has graciously offer to let me try out his LRA. Replacing the Harris after the Sightron SIII (too bad the $2K RazorII was a bust, at that price can get the both Razor & Falcon now.)

Is your Falcon Cadex mount, or Pica.
    For sure. I would be interested in your thoughts on how the Falcon bipod compares to the other big player bipods. I predict you will eventually be buying one yourself for your 50 Tremor... Based on Cadex's other products I have high expectations of this new bipod. The timing also worked out well as it coincided with my Tremor order! I was very lucky with the timing on that one.

I suspect Dilligaf will be the first to post once he gets his. He's probably rigged up a security system so the Canada post Ninjas can't just slide an attempted delivery slip on his door and disapear!
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by burnaby View Post
    Luv to tag along. Still trying to decide on Atlas, LRA or Falcon. BSand has graciously offer to let me try out his LRA. Replacing the Harris after the Sightron SIII (too bad the $2K RazorII was a bust, at that price can get the both Razor & Falcon now.)

Is your Falcon Cadex mount, or Pica.
    Both will be Cadex mount. One is for the Guardian and the other will be with the Tremor. Normally with a 308 I would just go with a Harris but the Guardian is fairly solid and heavy. So the heavier duty falcon bipod I think is well suited. Plus the integration into the Cadex handguard of the chassis system looks to be a slick feature.

Ahh yes, optics. Unfortunately I'm undergoing the too many rifles and no optics issue right now. After these recent buys it will be a bit before I can get some good optics. Likely optics will be a bit of a compromise. Decent but not the top end.

Might be possible in the spring to get a few people together. I'm in the same neck of the woods. Or even a CGN get together. Bring a few bipods

BANNED
    I suspect Dilligaf will be the first to post once he gets his.
    I just might have to...lol...