Thread: CQB not ORA

CQB not ORA

Barney

With the change in ORA rules, will you be running any CQB in Borden where I don't need to join the ORA?

Something similar to Petawawa would be great!

CGN Regular
    I second that request. Borden would be great for me (and presumably, everyone else in the GTA)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer PitBull1973's Avatar
    That would be great but I don't think so
    http://oneclearvoice.ca/

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgian Pistol View Post
    Barney

With the change in ORA rules, will you be running any CQB in Borden where I don't need to join the ORA?

Something similar to Petawawa would be great!
    You must understand how the Insurance and Liability parameters are arranged. And that's why the ORA and DCRA have these policies. Their sandbox; Their rules! We must respect all of them. End of story.

Across the country, the CQB matches and clinics are hosted at Gun Clubs AND Military ranges under a whole variety of rules / arrangements / agreements / and relationships. To expect a uniform set of rules across the country would only demonstrate a lack of understanding of how all these factors come into play. Even I cannot begin to explain things.

So here's the easiest, simplest, handiest, and most gracious way to approach all of this; go with the flow! That's it... just go with whatever rules exist in place. Get out and enjoy the: firearms, disciplines, camaraderie, relationships, matches, competitions, BBQ's, fundraisers, open houses, councils , executives, and shoot them while we CAN.

Sooo, back to your original question: Will I be running CQB in Borden ? I don't have a crystal ball issued to me so I cannot even answer that one. The reason I am running the CQB clinics in Garrison Petawawa is strictly by invite of the Petawawa Gun Club who is authorized by the Base Commander (and other Base authorities). It's by their good graces that I am allowed on base. It's their base. I must respect all their rules enforced by the representatives!

The folks at the ORA are all experienced experts at keeping the Association with the Military for over 100 plus years and it goes back before 1867 Confederation. You cannot run an Association that long by running a gong show. They know what they are doing. The folks running CQB at the ORA are amazing, fantastic, super competent, and they put on a first class competition. What's not to like?

I hope this enlightens things....

If your / our hobby is /was just shooting and trigger pulling, then we all may as well remain at our home ranges / gun clubs and sit at the bench while punching paper. Competitive shooting is more that yanking at triggers.... It's about community, bonding, relationships, shared experiences (hey, I told you guys I WAS a professional edumakator for 30 years), it's about socializing, networking, volunteering, reaching out, it's about empowering, meeting new AND old faces, and I've been graciously schooled by the Veterans in the "Soldier On" Program at Garrison Petawawa; it's about family, support, hope, catharsis, mental wellness, Danny's Steak House on Saturday nights, Food Coma(s), it's about putting/giving back to the CAF Institution that made me who I am after 15 years of service. Competitive shooting is a way of life, it's a metaphor of life!

Okay, back to reality......

Now that aside, the majority of my clinic attendees at the 28-29 May 2016 drove from Woodstock, Guelph, GTA, Mississauga, Oakville, Acton, and other points from Southern Ontario. Some people see a problem and a long distance. I choose to see an opportunity or a "Road Trip". Just ask the folks who drive to 3 or 4 clinics a YEAR from the SIX.

Shooters are a great community. CQB shooters are even greater and funnier! They have to put up with my jokes and strange lessons on the range.... such as Tactical Yoga!

Who says Sophie Gregoire-Trudeau is the only yoga expert out there? ha ha ha

Oh yeah, another faithful clinic shooter drives from Port Elgin, ON a few times a year! And Thornbury, and London (I'm not joking), and Richmond Hill, and Vaughn...

And my stale jokes are the glue that keeps us together LOL LOL

Cheers,

Barney
    Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 05-30-2016 at 05:38 PM.

Great time. I'll make the drive again.
    Can't beat a 6 hr road trip
    Gerry

Hey Barney

Don't forget us poor suckers who drive up from Niagara for CQB and PR happiness.

Shoot straight - chrisco
    There is no spoon