Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Got my Star Super B... Pictures up...

CGN Regular
    I have a war time regular Model B,jamo-matic,every third shot,jams,steel cased ammo is much better,aluminum is not to bad,but brass is jam city,but it is very accurate,almost as good as my real Colt series 70,i really like it,just wish it didnt jam all the time,hopefully the newer model B supers are better,

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    What's the lever on right side?
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer geologist's Avatar
    I have heard that they are popular movie gun substitutes for 1911s as they look similar but are 9mm which are better with blanks than .45 ACP.
    "Conservation is the mark of a dying civilization. When your technology is not increasing at the same rate as your population growth you are done. Bring on the next contender.".

I've been on the fence for a while about one of these. But for $300ish it might be worth the gamble.
    "There's a lot of things blamed on me that never happened. But then, there's a lot of things that I did that I never got caught at."

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    What's the lever on right side?
    Take down lever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lungorthin View Post
    Nope. Proprietary mags
    Thanks for the info.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer dand883's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloverdale View Post
    I've been thinking about one for a while. Star B's are available locally but not the "super". Not sure what the difference is.....but in the pics they do not look as nice as that.
    From what I have read, the Super B is an improvement over the earlier models. I remember reading the the earlier B models were originally made for the 9mm largo round, so when converted to 9mm they did have a tendency to jam and misfeed, but the Super models were designed from the beginning for the regular 9mm. I think the takedown lever is one of the other changes they made as well.

I don't know if this is universal or not, but my understanding is that most model B's were issued/captured/refurbished/surplus and they were usually completely stripped, the parts thrown into bins and cleaned/repaired as necessary and reassembled, but they didn't necessarily get matched with the same internals that it originally came with, but the small internal parts were originally fitted slightly to each gun, so it can be hit or miss if they work well.
    On the other hand, I've heard that most Super B's were made, put into storage never used and have the internals that were originally fitted to that particular pistol, so you shouldn't run into as many problems.

I can't comment and how accurate they are vs other pistols, but the Super B I have has never had any issues feeding or ejecting blazer brass or one or two other brands I have tried with it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    [IMG][/IMG]

CGN Ultra frequent flyer thump_rrr's Avatar
    Whenever I see Super Bee this is what I think of.
    Don’t argue with idiots. They’ll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thump_rrr View Post
    Whenever I see Super Bee this is what I think of.
    Great car with a great name... JP.